It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Critter?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Ok, now I'm scared !
What could that possibly be ??
I am dumbfounded !

A very large Critter
But don't be scared I have it on good authority that they don't eat people

(I think)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Oh I have a sneaking feeling that zorgon will be on his way with a great post about this.

Yeah well maybe I should charge for demands errmm requests
But Sam beat ya to it

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In case it helps, eeasynow (on You Tube & spelt exactly like that) corrected the title to state it's STS 80.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It certainly gives credence to the term Panspermia! I wonder if you would find large communities of these 'critters' around black holes?

Oh Dear!

IRM

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

G'day IRM

You should add Michael Cohen to your signature

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by azureskys
Ok, now I'm scared !
What could that possibly be ??
I am dumbfounded !

A very large Critter
But don't be scared I have it on good authority that they don't eat people

(I think)

During my futile attempts at assembling my research into a coherent paper, I decided to give the species a name - writing about a nameless species bothered me, and they have been called so many things that it is hard to keep track of.... They needed a name.

Eventually, I got frustrated and decided to give their species a name (specifically the organisms in the STS-75 tether footage):

'Plasmoidococcus Plasmaspherus'

a.k.a. Critters, Amoeboid Bioforms, Plasmoid Bioforms, Aerial Fauna, energyzoa, but no real name for the species seen in the STS-75 tether footage....

Until Now.

(As you are aware, the name of the species has undergone considerable evolution since you first saw it, but I think 'Plasmoidococcus Plasmaspherus' is the best so far.
)

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
To me it looks like a wobbling object, perhaps a quickly rotating meteoroid entering the atmosphere and cathing fire. I'm not saying that it's impossible that there are space critters of some kind, by think a wobbling meteor is a more probable explanation (after all, we have much more observations of meteors than of space critters
).

So yes, you could definitely say that this is related to panspermia, as it's been shown that micro-organisms can survive on meteoroids and comets even after zipping through the atmosphere and colliding with the surface of water, for instance.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Looks like a meteor to me. The wobbling effect could be due to the waving motion of the atmosphere that it's entering.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You might as well believe that Solar Flares are living beings. It would make as much sense. And maybe they are.
We don't really know that they are not. So they must be!!
Right?

But really, I do not think you can say for certain either way. If it were to move to avoid an object, then I believe that I could be more certain about it. Or if we could watch it take a poop.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Another reason this looks like a meteor is that is appears out of now where. Is it suggested that these "space critters" can appear out of thin air like this? Why would they even need a flagellate-tail then?

I've seen other NASA videos of some these "wiggling things" and they are definitely intriguing, but this one, I think, this is just a meteor.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by InfaRedMan

G'day IRM

You should add Michael Cohen to your signature

Hi Sam60! You're not the first person to suggest his inclusion. He will definitely make it into my next "Hall of Shame" signature!

On topic.. how about them critters eh! Whoah!

IRM

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
It certainly gives credence to the term Panspermia! I wonder if you would find large communities of these 'critters' around black holes?

What if the plasma flow that flows all over the universe is indeed like blood plasma in a sense and the 'critters' are cells that eventually lead to life on planets?

Only problem with that in relation to current sighting activity... are we due for a 'reseeding'?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__Is it suggested that these "space critters" can appear out of thin air like this?

Oh yes they have been known to appear and disappear... a feature based on energy level IMO

Why would they even need a flagellate-tail then?

No idea about the tails, though I have seen many similar ones in NASA videos, though not in this detail.

We might have to catch one... but that won't happen until science accepts them as real...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have it on good authority that they don't eat people

(I think)

I didn't see any teeth.

(I think)

Guess they could gum us to death....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
You might as well believe that Solar Flares are living beings. It would make as much sense. And maybe they are.
We don't really know that they are not.

Hmmm interesting idea... maybe the Sun itself is actually an entity... after all it has a heart beat which you can hear at this site. Quite fascinating actually

www.spacesounds.com...

And Sleeper did say the Sun was 'pregnant' when he was here

[edit on 26-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Guess they could gum us to death....

Oh come come now Mr Whacker... your a trekkie... you know perfectly well that the giant space amoebas simply absorb your energy...

"The Immunity Syndrome" January 19, 1968

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Perhaps, but it's space. There are lot's of huge things in space.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Videos have been removed.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well, this one works.

www.youtube.com...

Really looks like it is "swimming" through and out of the atmosphere...

I've seen this one in alot of other clips as well. Often implented in UFO compilations.
This is also one of those videos I really thought ATS would have gotten posted by now.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Interesting Clip.
Here is the uncut version.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join