It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how they will take our guns.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

What you just said is exactly to the letter how I feel about the situation, all armed or nobody armed, either way. The amendment is there to protect us from tyranny, nothing more nothing less.

I love Europe btw, I have only ever been to Switzerland on vacation but I do have a close friend who lives oversees and talk to many people from England and France online.

The thing they tell me the most is that they feel like they are being watched all the time and have lost the vast majority of there privecy due to cameras invading every aspect of there life. I think it's quite alarming as we are starting to see "test" citys here that mirror that goverment tactic of control and every day there are new goverment controlled cameras being placed on street corners, stop lights and even sidewalks.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Helious]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It is no surprise that people feel they are being watched, especially in this day and age.

However, as long as governments say that the public should not be armed, I will fight for the right to bear arms.

But we have agreed on this topic I think.

As for the system, it is something you should certainly research, because as long as we believe what governments tell us or follow the "laws" that they produce, we are all doomed.

If you want me to give you a few pointers send me a u2u and I'll let you know.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Now, this common law has two basic precepts:
1) do no harm
2) cause no loss.

This applies to what you say and do with other people.

As long as you stick to these principles you can't go wrong.

However, politicians and lawyers have convinced the sheeple (you too it appears) that bits of paper give you rights and freedoms.

If you truly believe you need a bit of paper to tell you that you are free you are nothing more than a slave. Pure and simple.

I totally agree nickers, but paper (constitutions, scriptures, media) is constantly dictating to us what we can and cannot do. We must have some paper stating the "no harm, no loss" principle, to protect ourselves in this paperworld.

There are plenty of people in this world who do not adhere to the natural laws you speak of, they do the opposite.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by MrMojo1971]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMojo1971

I agree, but the paper world only exists as long as we say it does.

As for the people doing wrong, who do you think that the largest portion of those people are in our community? The average bloke in the street, or the politicos?

I stopped working WITH the paper world and started working against it a while ago, and it is surprising how much can in this world be done without paper - this despite being told for years that life doesn't work without it...

[edit on 26-7-2009 by dampnickers]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
To the OP,

this isn't how "they" are going to take your precious weapons away. Instead, this is a way to show us how truly responsible the parents should be in this case. I don't like guns. I think they are pointless and there should be severe strict gun laws. However, removing them from citizens? Wrong. But...if your kids got a hold of your weapon and shot one another, maybe you really do need your gun taken away.

Thanks

GHL

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
For those who don't get it... why do we in America have to be armed? We have seen history... we know what happens to unarmed citizens.
You in Europe of all people should know this.

Here is a nice summary: The Human Cost of Victim Disarmament

www.jpfo.org...
www.jpfo.org...

The message is simple: Disarmed people are neither free nor safe - they become the criminals' prey and the tyrants' playthings. When the civilians are defenseless and their government goes bad, however, thousands and millions of innocents die.

Professor R.J. Rummel, author of the monumental book Death by Government, said: "Concentrated political power is the most dangerous thing on earth." For power to concentrate and become dangerous, the citizens must be disarmed.

What disarms the citizens? The idea of "gun control." It's the idea that only the government has the right to possess firearms, and that citizens have no unalienable right to use force to defend against aggression.

Death by Gun Control carefully examines the "gun control" idea: its meaning, its purposes, its effects. It comes in many forms, but in every form it enables the evildoers and works against righteous defense.

When the gun prohibitionists quote a statistic about how many people are killed by firearms misuse, the discussion sometimes bogs down into whose crime stats to believe and how to count crimes vs. the defensive firearm uses. Death by Gun Control works on a level that nobody can dispute: documented world history.

In the 20th Century:

* Governments murdered four times as many civilians as were killed in all the international and domestic wars combined.
* Governments murdered millions more people than were killed by common criminals.

How could governments kill so many people? The governments had the power - and the people, the victims, were unable to resist. The victims were unarmed. Here's the Formula: Hatred + Government + Disarmed Civilians = Genocide

What makes the argument so powerful? Two factors. First, it makes common sense: unarmed defenseless people have no hope against armed aggressors. Second, it states the historical truth: evil governments did wipe out 170,000,000 innocent non-military lives in the 20th Century alone.

The instigation of rendering law abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms and so render them defenseless must be seen as opening the door to potential genocide. Remember, the bad guys (of all description) will always be armed!

In the US - most of us know that citizens have the unalienable right to use force to defend against aggression. Europe seems to have forgotten both history and the rights of self-defense.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

That sumarises my feelings in a nutshell. Thank you for finding and posting that.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Kudos to the OP .. this IS how they take your guns .. precisely the same excuses used in Australia and GB.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

No. This is how they take guns from the sheep.

Criminals, and those that refuse to contract with their government retain their guns. Simple.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It will be for the children. Like many other limitations passed for the children, taking guns away for the children will be a good thing. Many will gladly give up their guns and ammunition for the good of the children. If you don't give up your guns and ammunition for the children then you are a person who hates children, and antisocial. Why do you hate the children?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

This is true. The fact is when the population is disarmed you are only depriving those who follow the law of weapons. Those who intend to mis use and have no regard for law will be the ones in sole posession of the weapons in question.

The exception to this is of course the inept people like in the story in the OP who are not responsible in the securing and handling of there fire arms.

If the goverment has weapons, the lawfull citizens MUST be able to posess weapons for a check and balance system to be maintained.

As was said in another post, this is the route that has already been taken to disarm the average citizen. In the name of saving the innocent and the dangers of weapon accidents and gun related murders or crimes.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The truth is, guns kill. That's what they do. Even if you enjoy recreation shooting, the gun's only job is to kill. But I don't believe they should be banned.
Why? Because people die, it's a fact of life.

If in the name of saving lives, you want to snatch guns from legal owner's hands, then you must also snatch the cigarette from a smokers hand, the donut or the cheeseburger from the overweight man sitting at the booth at a fastfood restraunt. Maybe we could just ban cars all together, afterall, it would save lives and help people get healthy.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would disagree with taking their guns away. This is the basis of authority interfering with the individuals private life. All the government/society can do is to advise. If it's the fate of a child to play with a loaded gun, that's their fate. Trying to control is the basis of what the NWO/Illuminati want you to think. That big brother must step in and protect. Rather, let nature take it's course. Ultimately you can't control people and circumstances. The child can find and fall on a sharp knife, stick, trip their sibling down the stairs or talk them into putting scissors in the electric outlet. Their fate is their fate. Properly encouraging the parents is superior to turning over your freedom to the government.

The only point where an authority/government can or should step in is when the child is being harmed or has harmed and then only in a mop up capacity. Trying to rationalize competency or incompetence as a judgment in advance is just too massive a can of worms. Even is cases like these, there is no justification for the government to claim authority to intercede on the rational of preventing a future crime. The parents should keep their guns and the community should treat them with compassion and humanity. Nature/Karma is the judge. Their conscience is the judge. People should stop playing along with the social engineering / social control and leave things to nature. People are not trying to manage these things to help, they are trying to manage out of a need to control, a fear, an immaturity of the nature of the world. I don't recommend thinking for one minute that surrendering to false authority will result in a better anything.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is not only sad, but completely baffling to me. WHY people do NOT secure their weapons.

I grew up with guns around me. My father kept a gun in the closet tucked in the corner. As children, we were TAUGHT that we absolutely DO NOT touch that gun. And we never ever went near it. Ever. My father went to great lengths to teach us the dangers of guns, and when we were old enough we went hunting and shooting.

I have guns but there is no way in hell I keep them unsecured. I do not trust that my child can possibly conceive of it's dangers no matter how hard I try to teach it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Im on a wait list at Cabelas too...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

As sad as the OP article is, here is the absolute truth. The Bill of Rights are PROTECTIONS that are not to be violated. Your right to own firearms are a RIGHT and not a PRIVILEGE as it is trying to be made out to be.

The Founding Fathers knew from past experience with the British Crown that the simple people were not allowed to own weapons because the Crown feared that if they did, they would rise up against them. They wanted to make sure that this did not happen in America under a new flag, a new government and a new way of life .... a life of FREEDOM.

The 2nd Amendment guarantee's your RIGHT and ability to protect yourself, your family and your property. It also guarantees your ability to use those weapons to take back the government should it become tyrannical.

We have been missing the boat for a long time by allowing people of liberal mindsets to believe that the world would be a better place without weapons. I'm so sorry to burst your weak minded bubbles. Everyone should have and own a weapon. A good many people would have never died at the hands of criminals had they been empowered with gun ownership.

The key to gun ownership is proper training on how to keep and use the weapon. Young children can be taught how to properly use and handle weapons as long as the parents are responsible enough to ensure proper gun training for their children. I grew up in the days of the Daisy BB rifles and my dad used to take me hunting as a kid and taught me how to properly use and keep a weapon.

It is extremely sad when small children become victims of accidental gun discharging.

Your 2nd Amendment RIGHTS are not up for compromise or discussion. Anyone that believes they are needs to have their head examined.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
here in ARizonaaaaaa.... we can now take guns into bars/resturants with your concealed weapons permit!!! i truely believe it is all a setup!!! drug cartels in mexico are going crazy, lack of ammo anywhere here in AZ, gun deaths being BLAZENING shown on MSM (no talk of acorn issues or ramifications of vaccination though).

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I do not leave my house without two loaded, chambered handguns and a spare clip for each pistol. I have a 12 Gauge 3" Magnum shotty for home defense and a 7.62 AK for larger hard targets.

I wonder why Police always have a gun on their side? Why do Police need guns? Shouldn't the police keep the guns in their patrol cars and just go and retrieve them when they need them?

Police are smart. They know from experience that you never know where or when you are going to need to put some fool down.

"It would be great if everyone were true and kind. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Not sure who is the original person to say this.

And a good one I just found

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." -Unknown

"I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy."-John Steinbeck

It would be awesome if everyone was nice and loved each other! Heck I would be down with that! Free Love and Peace!

Unfortunately that is not the way it works.

We have a pretty hardcore Meth and Crack and Heroin and Coke and insert extremely addictive drug that people will kill you for 20 dollars drug problem here in the U.S.

We have an entire culture in the U.S. that seeks to emulate music artists who come from a background in Gang Activity, Drug dealing, Prostitution and every other form of illicit capital gains.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
americans are so worked up about their right to have guns simply because the constitution say's so, ever considered that the constitution, like your government, may be wrong?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by awakeningaussie

No, I have not considered my Constitution is wrong. It may just be a piece of paper to alot of people, and you can also argue that we don't live and die by a piece of paper and your right.

I don't live or die, nor are my actions dictated by anything. That being said, I was born in a country that has guaranteed me certain things as my birth right, since the time I could attend school I have been taught the lessons learned by my for fathers and shown the blood that has been spilled to give me what I have today, even if it is only a shadow of what it once was.

Our "piece of paper" gives the average person the right to do things that in other countries could cost you your life. It gives us certain rights that seperates us from savage laws that could suck the heart out of the greatest nation on earth.

Yes, mostly in the recent years and rapidly in the recent months lawmakers have made a mockery of this document going just short of using it for toilet paper, the American people who remember what it stands for, remember what they have been taught and know there roots will never forget what it was SUPPOSED to mean.

Those people my friend, we call patriots, or if you are big goverment then you just call them domestic terroists. It may just be a piece of paper but it means everything and defines who we are as Americans because we were born living and breathing the ideal it represents.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join