It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacteria That... Does Math!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
We've already got an organic computer. It's called a "brain". It doesn't come from germs that live in poop, however.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

You are an idiot, they figured this out by themselves by thinking "HEY, what if we could get bacteria to do maths, all they need is an algothrim pattern, hey, how about organized DNA polymerization, that works"
They didn't get, "BEEP BOP BEEP BOP I AM FROM PLANET NIBIRU, I AM HERE TO TELL YOU HOW TO SOLVE MATHS WITHOUT THE NEED OF PAPER!"

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Yeah i know where you're getting at, well, we can use our own... you know where i'm going.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thats one story i just do not believe.Who makes up this crap anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

There are so many puns to put in here, there won't be enough
space.

OMG, there's a bug in my program, and it's eating all my bit's and
leaving just some empty bytes behind.

There must be some really bored Computer Nutters in the World, not
only to think of it, but to actually do it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I really do believe that scientists are mad but it is us who pay them to do their research so we must all be mad!!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Isn't this what we Humans and Organic life period is made of? It explains Evolution to me. I always thought that Humans were a Organic Robot.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
very intruiging idea no doubt, however I hope they can impliment this with other types of organisms cuz it's going to be a pain for IT guys to wear a gas mask to fix someones pc cuz it just had a brain fart.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
Sounds really cool, very interesting.

perhaps a silicon / bacteria hybrid?

i mean something has to run Microsoft.

Is this perhaps the start of us discovering the true nature of UFO's that seem "alive" and intelligent...

Maybe that is why people describe them as such......

They are living and yet are technology........

If they are living then they can achieve greater results and memory then things that are manufactured, they can also adapt on the fly......

One of the coolest concepts I have read ever.......S&F

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

thanks for link!
In the past, I would think AWESOME!
Now, I think Cartman's trapper keeper:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi computers fans.

Now they "run" with bacteria.

If, one day, computers also "run" on virus, and we scan with our
anti-virus, will it kill the bad or the good ones ???? B-)))
Nice find !

Blue skies.

Thanks for the good chuckle!

-Sliadon

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The research, published today in the Journal of Biological Engineering, proves that bacteria can be used to solve a puzzle known as the Hamiltonian Path Problem. Imagine you want to tour the 10 biggest cities in the UK – one route might start in London (number 1) and finish in Bristol (number 10), for example. The solution to the Hamiltonian Path Problem would be the route that takes in each city just once. This simple problem is surprisingly difficult to solve. There are over 3.5 million possible routes to choose from, and a regular computer must try them out one at a time to find the one that visits each city only once. Alternatively, a computer made from millions of bacteria can look at every route simultaneously. The biological world also has other advantages. As time goes by, a bacterial computer will actually increase in power as the bacteria reproduce.

I stumbled across this thread from 2009. Was wondering if anyone has heard of any more developments on this. Very interesting and I would assume that there have been advances made...

Thanks,
blend57

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join