It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75* F in S Florida right now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

75 degrees...

I'm in South Florida as well, you don't possibly think that could be due to the enormous tropical rain clouds covering the entire southern part of the state, could it?

Not sure about where you are, but it has been raining here all day. Haven't had sunshine since 10am.

Not trying to push global warming or anything, but it has been incredibly hot down here all summer long. The only relief we get is when it storms (which is ironically caused by the high heat).

Well, DUH! Of course I think that's a factor! BUT, I am a smoker and I go out on my back porch to smoke. Most summer evenings I open the door and get slammed with humidity and heat. Last night was just completely abnormal. I was actually chilly! Now THAT is truly ridiculous!!
I realize that we've only been keeping detailed records of weather for like what, 150 yrs or so? So that doesn't leave much for comparative value. But, all in all, it's weather like last nite that makes me scratch my head and go hmmmmmmm.....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I find the whole thing about the ice simply fascinating. Man I wish we had kept better records!

Did any of you read about the underwater volcanoes that were recently "discovered" beneath one of the poles? I think it was the north pole, but I'm not positive. I read (and cannot remember where) that these volcanoes were melting polar ice, thus cooling the oceans and producing the cooler weather many seem to be experiencing. Now, maybe this is being lumped in with the El Nino/La Nina effects or maybe the latin twins are being mistakenly blamed for that effect which is being created by the volcanoes. I can speculate forever, but I do know, for sure, that 75 at night in July is just plain crazytalk!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Ya know, if you watch The Weather Channel you'll see that just in the USA the weather is unusual for this summer. Near record-breaking heat in the NorthWest --- Portland, Seattle. South and West Texas drought, and over 100 for 32 days straight now, former record was 39 days in a row.

BUT, everyone has short memories. I'd betcha if you checked records, you'd find similar events in decades past --- remember the Dust Bowl???

Can't blame THAT on "Global Warming"! (or cooling...)

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

www.accuweather.com.../mtweb/content/weathermatrix/archives/2009/07/1000_low_temp_records_set _this_july.asp

UPDATE: It's not just the surface land temps -- Blog reader Tim points out "Water temps at Frying Pan Shoals (off Cape Fear) fell to 78 degrees a few days ago; NDBC historical data shows this occurs only 0.3% of the time in July!"

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I live in Destin, FL a.k.a. "The Redneck Riviera" and this summer has seemed rather normal to me in regards to the heat.

It is 10:00am here/now and 86 F / 93 F with the heat index.

I'm about to head to the beach for some surf casting for Pompano before the afternoon t-storms arrive.

I hope all of yall have a GREAT DAY!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join