It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monolith on Mars? Interesting image

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hi Weed,
I always think of the moving rocks in Death Valley as an expansion and contraction thing by both Salt and the rocks themselves, and maybe nightime moisture. Anyway, is it now decided that the Monolith/s in this thread are on a slope, or are they at the foot of a slope,it's the difference between sticking out or sticking up, disregarding the original Image which is,(no offence to the OP) misleading.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Then why keep confusing people using it as an example?

Ahem ----

Originally posted by zorgon
So you expect us to believe that this rock just fell of that cliff, landed right side up where it is?

Boy I bet that home owner is pissed

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36f9693e4fb6.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 27 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by StevesResearch
reply to post by smurfy

I'll qualify it with this, these pictures are taken from a great altitude. I've seen news footage of what some people swore was an image of the Virgin Mary. Upon closer inspection this "miraculous" image turned out to be nothing more than a fence post! Never underestimate the tricks that light, shadow, angle and distance can play on the mind. I'm not saying this is definately a rock, nor can I say it's definately artificial. That's why I stand by my original statement that it could be anything.

That doesn't mean I'm not at least intrigued by this picture. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a picture taken at ground level, wishful thinking I know.

Cheers

Hi Steve, I have to say that there are limits to what can be described as anything in a thread about a photo taken on Mars, it's not a Cat or a Dog, a Giraffe and definitly not a Beaver! I suppose it could be a flatbed Ford.BTW the image has been around for a while in different orientations and it hasn't moved noticeably, so that should narrow down some of the anythings.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It was spikey a few pages back that noticed something odd --- that there seem to be three 'shapes', all oriented about the same, and forming a triangle.

Wondering...buried? Something very big? And ancient?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That wasn't my rock Whacky

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

That would be from ArMaps's pic from page two, and does show three objects, which are similar and are highly reflective, and which cast shadows.There are also other features casting similar shadows in the pic without the same contrast which are within the triangle. It is interesting, but there is still the question are these objects sticking up perpendicular, or are they sticking out at some horizontal or at near horizontal angle?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

posted on 26 July 2009 @ 15:28

Page #6, on this thread. Time hack is EDT.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
exactly where on Mars is this again?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
2001: A Space Odyssey

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
could it be one of Enoch's Pillar that Josephus writes about?
maybe the land of Siriad is mars...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

It's between Ius Chasma (the western part of that large "scar" on Mars' surface) and Noctis Labyrinthus.

Latitude: 7.23°S
Longitude: 267.35°E

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
here are some tracks from the same image being made by what would seem to be rocks rolling down a slope..

and here zoomed in a bit

it looks like the rock was long...and seemed to have skipped and jumped as it rotated and fell..this..to me..means the rock in question could have ended up getting stuck in an upright position.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by alienesque]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by alienesque]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

With a lower gravity and a thinner atmosphere it is easier for any rock rolling down a slope to jump when it hits some little obstacle.

PS: A lower gravity only means that things accelerate slower, they can still reach relatively high speeds.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

As to your pics, alienesque, nice but --- what I see is some rocks with signs of wind disturbed dust and soil patterns.

Think of boulders in a stream of water.

I know, poor analogy, but since I've never been to Mars (yet
) I can only try to use what's familiar here for comparison.

I think once we get there, we'll find many similarities to Earth (except, of course the lower gravity and very thin --- 0.006% of Earth's --- atmosphere).

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What if the tracks leading to this monolith,were actually created by a secret rover programme,that has been initiated without the publics knowledge?
Maybe they have been studying this object for a while now!
They have sent rovers to Mars,who is to say that they did'nt drop one of at this location whilst on route!

Ahhh! Don't you just love a vivid imagination!

Edit cos i am dumb!!

[edit on 28-7-2009 by scobro]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So is it just a rock or something more interesting?

If it's just a rock I think NASA shouldn't be allowed to waste money to investigate it!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It's clear... someone BUILT this. So... was it our predesesors, or was is an alien life form that is either visiting US, or some who has been there before... like us?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Any idea of what scale were looking at.. It would be far too easy to equate the size to a tombstone type of thing.. Far more impressive if where talking 1,000ft etc..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfhammer
reply to post by super70

Any idea of what scale were looking at.. It would be far too easy to equate the size to a tombstone type of thing.. Far more impressive if where talking 1,000ft etc..

there are lots of similar stones on the image where this came from..scattered all over the place..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Very Interesting! The face color suggests it is definitely flat, although the shadow shows that it isn't totally squared off at the top.

I don't see any apes....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join