It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monolith on Mars? Interesting image

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain
But its possible for some crystalline rocks to break in straight lines or erode that way.

So you expect us to believe that this rock just fell of that cliff, landed right side up where it is?

Boy I bet that home owner is pissed

Seems more likely some Alien was ticked off at him and beamed his land into the bay

And just because some rock cleaves into blocks naturally does not prove all monoliths are natural rocks

[edit on 26-7-2009 by zorgon]

Is that a house on that rock? wonder how would people lin in that house buy groceries? lol. isn't dangerous is it?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
if you get the IAS viewer thing that someone linked to..and scroll to the right..about 4 oclock on that wide open plain above the sand dune looking wavy landscape..and zoom in...you can clearly see paths being made by rocks rolling down hills...one of the paths is very clear..long..and frankly quite odd...as if it was made by a long rolling so fast it was jumping with each roll..

there are also lots of smaller rocks that look like the OPs....i think its just a rock that got stuck..sorry..

[edit on 27-7-2009 by alienesque]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Akezzon

Ok I'll throw a 'spanner' in - How do we know if these haven't been dropped onto the surface of Mars / and or Phobos- by any of our earlier exploratory 'missions' just for effect?
Viking could have been carrying something- couldn't it?

There is a mission to cause an explosion on the Moon in October to study the possibility that the Moon has/had water- maybe they'll drop a Monolith or something on there too.................

Just a thought

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Thats looks like the monolith on the bottom of the pacific ocean off the coast of western canada.Of course it is not. The original photo of that monolith in the pacific ocean was destroyed at a office of the us navy in the pentagon in the 911/attack.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

[edit on 27-7-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jools

If it was dropped from a high altitude it would have created a crater, and it could even be destroyed in the process, so I don't think that was what happened.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Sometimes your eyes only see what your eyes want you to see..... Stop thinking that every little rock formation is some kind of Monolith Building or Carving of some kind............

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
As always nothing is a prove of anything. Anything is a prove of nothing.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Jools

If it was dropped from a high altitude it would have created a crater, and it could even be destroyed in the process, so I don't think that was what happened.

Not necessarily- The LM did not leave any craters on the moon...suppose the conditions were similar/same?- You have made an assumption.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
You have made an assumption.

Yes, I assumed that by "dropped onto the surface of Mars / and or Phobos" you meant dropped, like something that we let fall freely onto something.

I also assumed that by using that word you were not talking about a fall of just some metres but a fall from orbit (or at least from some craft that was landing in a different place), considering that no known missions have landed near that area on Mars and in any area on Phobos.

Silly me.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

You know shadows dont allways face the same direction. you can be out in sun and have shadows everywhere pointing in all different direction.

has anybody else thought that, with the disturbance of sand around the object in this pic. that it came up from the sand? if it fell down a slope ther would be a track aswell.

Maybe they could be crystals wich have grown up from underground cave aswell?

or maybe they are spaceship peices/alien placed intergalatic communucation device..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

I don't think that fell down a slope, but that is not the same object that is the subject of this thread, although it may be even more interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

About the tracks, it looks like they start a little above the monolith and end at the bottom left on the image below.

(click for full size)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Very interesting.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Bit of a theory for the tracks around the "monolith" , would the wind not maybe create them?
Like if the rock/whatever it is provide a bit of shelter so the wind gullies the sand from the direction the wind blows. Causing a groove leading from it?
Does that make sense I don't think I've quite explained myself properly lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by super70

depending on the size ..... looks like a large rock from stone hendge l .. but what do i know

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Scotlandshope

I think I understood what you mean, but from what I have seen the winds in Mars can only move the very fine dust, and the stronger winds create "dust devils" that leave their marks on the ground, but only superficially, as you can see on this image.

On that area from the OP's photo I think that the wind limits itself to make those small flame-shaped, sometimes darker sometimes brighter features around some of the rocks on the more horizontal (I suppose) areas

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Scotlandshope

I'm not saying that this is related in any way to Mars, and what may be happening there, but it is truly interesting. Nature does some weird stuff!

Death Valley Mystery

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I'm not saying that this is related in any way to Mars,

Then why keep confusing people using it as an example? It is totally irrelevant and none of the conditions that they THINK might be making those rocks move even exist on Mars...

For all we know Aliens in those underground bases around Death Valley may come out at night and move them to mess with our heads.

It also amazes me no one has yet set up monitoring equipment to catch them moving. Wonder why that is

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
has anybody else thought that, with the disturbance of sand around the object in this pic. that it came up from the sand? if it fell down a slope ther would be a track aswell.

Out here in the Nevada desert ordinary rocks will 'rise' out of the ground. Ask anyone that has cleared a back road of boulders. They mysteriously just appear. Something to do with the temperatures at night... not sure exactly the mechanism but they do just surface.

Just to help out the skeptics with their fear of anomalies

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
The image is 100% real. What the object is is another question.
This is taken from the most recent Mars image on the HiRise website.

Here is the area the object was found...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by super70]

So, where is the original site, link, and photo?

--Edit: Added--

Never mind. I just found the jpl link you provided.

After seeing the original photo, I think people are reading too much into this rock.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Pathos]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join