It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over South Buffalo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Not long ago, the Examiner was presented with a hand full of photographs from a friend that were shot from a bedroom window. The images appear to show an object in the sky. The story goes that this friend awoke at about 4:45 in the morning one day last summer to go to the bathroom. When he returned to the bedroom, he looked out the bedroom window and noticed a strange series of lights. At first, he thought the lights were just a passing airplane. That area of Buffalo is directly under an air route and planes do often fly low as they approach the Buffalo International Airport. But then he noticed that the lights were brighter and arranged differently than airplane lights. In his words, the lights were more pronounced and more distinct than the images show. He said that they looked like "a glowing string of pearls in the sky." He fetched his camera and shot a series of photos of the object as is slowly moved toward him and then as it banked and turned and moved out of sight of the window. And these in this slideshow below are the images that he says that he took of it.
source

The above linked site has an awesome slide show of the pictures taken of the UFO. It appears to be a triangle/boomerang shaped craft. The recent flap of these types of UFO's makes me think there's a new type of aircraft being tested, though I never discount the possibility that these are extraterrestrial.

TA

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I tried embedding the images, but I can't seem to get the hang of it. They're on the linked site and are quite stunning, hope you enjoy.

TA

[edit on 25-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I find this image in particular to be quite compelling. Obviously proof is what you make of it, but I have been noticing that higher quality pictures (and some video) are becoming more common from even recent memory.

I do find it interesting that this image looks strikingly like a dental retainer, but I would find it difficult to duplicate this in Photoshop or Corel Painter X. These types of clear, interesting UFO pictures are certainly more common, and I wonder what the coming months will drop in our laps.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

were shot from a bedroom window

To me, looks like someone pointing a light (IE. laser pointer type device) at the window - and he got a little bit of motion blur.

[edit on July 25th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Could be. I think the color is a little off to be a laser pointer though; looks more like the color of a black light than the bright red of a laser pointer. Of course some digital editing would probably account for that.

TA

[edit on 25-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Really? That looks nothing like a laser pointer that can be easily purchased in a store. Certain UFOs look just like what you gave, like the Texas UFOs that constantly changed shape, but they don't look like this.

The blur from lasers are more graffiti like, and typically do not have more than one primary point, where as this 'retainer' like device has a solidity different from a singular point or image that would be reflected.

Think about it, I don't care what it is, but you don't own a laser like this and neither do most people. Please leave some room for discussion. PLEASE!!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

You are more than free to discuss.

I just gave my thoughts on it. I used laser pointer as an example. I said "light". I will edit to make sure that laser pointer is shown as an example.

[edit on July 25th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'm skeptical about all of this stuff right now, because the movie District 9 is coming out in august. They have been doing a lot of viral/ARG type marketing. Something about those pictures looks manufactured to me, but thats just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Fair enough, they are almost too detailed. And good point about the possible ARG: I've done several threads on UFO's, particularly triangle shaped ones, recently. That could very well be an explanation for the recent wave.

Slightly off topic, but I think ARG's are annoying, now. It was cool a couple of years ago when Trent Reznor did it to promote Year Zero, but enough is enough.

TA

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

These types of clear, interesting UFO pictures are certainly more common, and I wonder what the coming months will drop in our laps.

just be careful what you hope for.. could be a pile of foeces, could be the head of GW Bush, or even some pretty "DENY ME NOW BIIIIOTCH!" compelling evidence.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I can't help thinking that something that large & bright would have been seen by other people.

If it's close to the aiport or at least the approach / departure path, wouldn't it have been seen by pilots, passengers, ground staff, etc...?

Wouldn't it have been picked up on radar?

What about other people just going to work early in the morning?

new topics

top topics

join