It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling people about psychic skills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I do have some empathinc abilities. the only "talismans" I work with are stones--like quartz, amethyst:
Here's some things that might help:

For what you are looking for, Pearl may be your best bet because it dulls your abilities. Now, I'd be the last one to suggest suppression for long periods of time. To suppress for too long often leads to emotional imbalance--in recent posts have stated that I suppressed a lot in this area for about 10 years--I had all sorts of "blockages" related to it, and I'm just now to the point where I can handle it. That, and the backlash of power (sort of like a powere surge) can be too much to handle.
Amethyst is an all-purpose dreamworks stone. It normally is used to enhance the abilities, but it's a matter of charging it to work in a specific direction--you should get to "know" the stone first, by sitting down somewhere quitet, "feeling" it like you would a human. Amethyst is also a psychic shield stone.
If you can actually pick your stone from a large group, randomly pick them up, "feeling" them, until one "clicks"--until it feels right.
Remember, stones don't just up and do things for you, you influence their outcome.
Oh, any stone you get, remember to soak it in saltwater for a few days--makes sure no one else is attached to it in any way.
Remember these stones augment you, not you them.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlc163
...Now, I'd be the last one to suggest suppression for long periods of time. To suppress for too long often leads to emotional imbalance--in recent posts have stated that I suppressed a lot in this area for about 10 years--I had all sorts of "blockages" related to it, and I'm just now to the point where I can handle it. That, and the backlash of power (sort of like a powere surge) can be too much to handle.

You said that correct for sure! I also had a problem with blockage. The one lady I had seen who is an energy reader, said that I have brilliant colors all over my being, but I have a blockage area around my heart. Well I knew that in one way or another. She was right. I still couldn't do anything about it. So I lived with it for years. And when I decided to work on it, it was crushing. There were times where I just didn't want to face it and I would rather be dead than face it. So I took it one step at a time, and it's been a veeeeeeery long time, and I'm still working on it today. I can only take it in small amounts otherwise its overwhelming.

That was a cool post there jlc163. I have this beautiful pearl necklace that I loved to wear and I think it actually did help me to control certain aspects of myself. Then it broke. I have to get it restrung. I love pearls and I love crystals. I washed a crystal in salt water once for a few days. But I didn't know what to do with it after that? What is the use for a crystal?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What type of crystal--if it's glass crystal, I'm not sure there's anything it can do. If it has a specific name, like quartz, agate, diamond, etc., you could easily look up what people believe are it's properties online Search: quartz agate amethys use magic, and you get something like 300+ sites--they never go into the full extent of what you can do, but then, they also get into things that are not so sharp to do, so be careful what you look at...

Oh, and let us know which way you decide to go, as you make a decision with respect to your parents, k?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thank you very much jlc163. In respect to my parents I chose the middle path. I won't be using that crystal. Wish me luck!

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Valedamar

I too am an empath.. I figured out recently... and it all makes sense now that I think of it... All those emotions in a large croud... Everyone thinking I'm too sensitive... Crying at sads parts of movies... Strangers coming to me with their problems... I'm sorry that I cannot give you much advice on this, for I am facing the same problem too.. But depending on how bad it's getting I'd say tell them, it may get better. Besides, if they think you're crazy it won't be your fault. You are who you are and they need to accept that.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
After living for 40 years as a highly empathic person and only knowing of it as "just overly sensitive" for most of that time I can tell you, that you are lucky you realize there is a marked difference between the normal empathy nearly all people are capable of and the extreme.

Our form of empathy also encompasses images, precog, telepathy, and in many cases also physical and mental injuries (the symptoms and feelings of). In rare cases empaths have actually shown physical signs of another's disease, without actually having the disease.

Without going out and declaring yourself a "freaky emotional sponge" I'd think when explaining it to people around you, simply telling them you feel others emotions and conditions stronger than most. Using terms like "tuned in" lessen the "freakability" of what you do.

The most important thing is to learn to protect yourself.

For the longest time I had no idea my empathic ability was what brought on the aura's I was seeing. In refusing to get a grip on the empathy my brain obviously devised another method that would get my attention. It took a lot of time and energy to get things under control.

Once I got some therapy and learned to deal with the strong emotions I feel (mostly not really my own) the aura's slowly stopped being a permanent feature. Now I see them only when I want.

Being able to feel what others feel is a natural ability and when it's hightened and combined with the other skills I mentioned it's a great gift. It also can leave you wide open for a lot of stress.

Beware of depression. People carry a lot of crap around with them and it CAN become overwhelming if you can't control your senses.

I have never used crystal or any of the fluffy items (no offense) I prefer a more scientific approach to controlling things.

If you are interested you can start by taking a look at some cognitive therapies and how they work. Because most of what we experience is generated in the hypothalamus region of the brain, we have reactions (thought and action) that are formed as a result. Knowing how this process works can be a HUGE help to learning how to take care of yourself, while learning to use the skill.

Much as a dislike wikipedia there is some great research here.

hypothalamus

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Be strong, watch Psychic Children, keep control and be strong, don't let your gifts control you, you control them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join