It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telling people about psychic skills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hi, I'm a 15 year old boy, living, like most teens, at home, with my family. I'm sorta close with my family, it's not like we're best friends of anything, but we are close, all teh same. Now, I've been having a lot of development in the area of psychic abilities for about the past 6 months now. I've gotten limited skills at telepathy, some, very slight skills at telekenois, visions/precognition, and very extreme empathy abilities. For the most part, these abilities were allright--don't get me wrong, it's a major challenge. I've been trying to shut them off while in crowds and what-not, and, except for a few relapses, it's worked.
For now...
I'm starting to worry that my parents will notice my powers; I can tell them what they dreamed last night, anad accidentially talk to them about it wwhen they never told me. When they;re attmpting to hide something from me, I always know what it is and mention it. I usually make up stories to mas these things, but its' g otten pretty extreme.
As said, I'm an empath, and last night, my cousin died. While he was dying, we were at his bedside, with a bunch of my other famuily memebers. As he died, I could feel him dying--it was really freaky. I totally lost it once I felt him dying. I was sobbing, vomiting, sobbing, and screaming. Once he died, I passed out and sprained my ankel- it got stuck inbetween a chair and a table. Needlesstosay, my parents were a bit shocked, to say the least, but I have managed to avoid all questions about it, since he did just die yesturday.
I am pretty shaken up about feeling someone die, and last night I had a nightmare about it. I guess I was screamig again, because my mom came into my room. She says that before she woke me up there were the candy wrappers and crumpeled up paper flying in a circle by the bed. Once she woke me up, it stoped. She thinks it's the wind, and I think it is too--I've never movved that many things before. But, I'm still worried about tehm finding out.
I think my parents are going to be angry angry and scared if they piece it togehter, but if I tell them, I'm worried they;ll think I'm crazy. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any tips at telling people about it?
ANY advice would really be greatly appreciated, thanks.

p.s.-Last time I posted something on this forum, I got a lot of cr@p from non-believers. If you have problems, or don't believe in psychic abilities, please don't waste your or my time in responding to this.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
On this site IThere an article about how to tell family members. Read that it may help. I'm pretty sure it is under the newbies section.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i have the same problem except i'm sixteen and my parents would think of my as nuts but i have a cool aunt who is an empath to + i have alot of other cool abiliteies way more advanced than that but i still can't manage telekenisis, any tips about it?

My aunt agrees with me my parents would freak

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How can I learn to do that stuff? Can someone post links?? That would be great...

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Ricta]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ricta check the site i posted.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I remember going to a funeral once for a young baby, as an empath I remember struggling to keep myself conscious even with my ability to shield, I'd hate to go through what you did.

I think you'd be better off learning to filter and shield the different inputs, rather than trying to turn yourself off, so to speak. A good shield should last you in most crowds, and a shield around your room should help as well.

Psipog (as mentioned already) would be as good a place as any to look for shielding methods, if you're having any problems I might be able to shed some light if you pm me.

Also, while I'm not making any assumptions, don't put everything down as a result your abilities. Going through that kind of experience would have a pretty severe psychological impact as well.

Personally as for telling family members, if you think they'll except it, then it will make telling them easier, but unless you start doing some "weird" things in front of them, I don't see any real need.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You forget that alot of people on your last post (about the same thing) were believers, and people like you. You should heed the advice from them.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
im sorry to hear about your cousin. i feel now is a time for you to try and remain focused and find peace in yourself. do this and your powers will be more controllable. shielding is a good idea. you really should talk to someone. take care.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ya I had a preminition once. I was 10 at the time. September 10th I can home from school mom was on the couch watching TV I came home and watched it with her for a while. Then she fell asleep. Suddenly the news came on. It showed a tower with smoke comming out the side and a view from the air of a pentagon shaped building. I didn't know these were important buildings and dismissed them as simple violence becasue that's all they show on the news these days. A female voice said. "this morning a plane crashed into the twin towers" and such. I don't remember what happened after that... it was a while ago. The next day at school teachers were crying and stuff and the told us about the events that had happened that morning. I was all connfused and continued to ask people "Didn't that happen yesterday?" I went home and started talking to my mom and she said she didn't remember falling asleep or watching TV yesterday. Dad was home and I told him. He said I probably had a preminition. I thought about it for a while and I think I wrote it in my journal. I'll seeif I can find it.

I think my point here is just TELL your parents. You'll feel a lot better and I'm sure they'll understand. (My parents have had a few dealings with my preminitions previous to this event, prehaps I'll bring some of those up later.) Of course I don't know your family so I don't know how they'll take it. Wait until you're comfortable with telling them. maybe they have advice for you.

As for your powers, how did you come about to having them, was it a natural gift or someting you taught yourself? If you taught yourself I'd also like to learn. u2u me if you'd like. ^.^. I hope I've been some help.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
mine originally came naturally and then i started pratcing how to control them and i also did reasearch.

My parents won't understand because they will think i've gone either insane or something like that, they are heavy non believers

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My advice: DON'T. Some people will never accept such things. You are either incorrect about your ability and you will be seen as stupid or correct about it and you will be seen as crazy. Either way you will come off as unbalanced and as a teenager that is the last thing you want.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I used to worry a lot about what people thought. Some things I didnt tell my family until I was much older. There are a lot of skeptical people out there, being skeptical is good, until it becomes cynical. (sp) If you think your parents wont understand, then don't tell them unless something comes up that you NEED to. Like, not wanting to get into the family car cause you feel like you are going to die, things like that. Should ALWAYS take that advice when it is presented to you. As you get older, and experience more, things will mellow out. I didnt come clean with my family until I was in my 20's. By that time, I was my own person, not under the control of my family, and I still had to face some skeptisism, but that quickly went away as things started to happen. I guess my advice would be for you to learn some shielding techniques, what you have isnt exactly easy to cope with sometimes. You have your whole life ahead of you, and a lot of experiences yet to come, dont learn the hard way if you can, learn how to turn the switch off and on so to speak. Thats something that will become invaluable to you later on. Keep it to yourself if you feel like they would come down on you, you only have a few years to go before you are on your own and it wont matter then if they think you are nuts. Also, I wanna say that you might be surprised that people will be rather receptive to your gifts. I know I was. When I started to tell family, and friends, some backed off, and some encouraged me, but in the end, family is family, and they will love you unconditionally no matter what. The proof is in the pudding my friend, as you grow older, and your deeds begin to show, they will become more accepting.
"You need to have the sesitivity of a deer and the hide of a rhino" something to think about,Good luck!

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
My advice: DON'T. Some people will never accept such things. You are either incorrect about your ability and you will be seen as stupid or correct about it and you will be seen as crazy. Either way you will come off as unbalanced and as a teenager that is the last thing you want.

Yes, Jonna is right, DON'T ! They cant understand.
You can try to talk with people who got an open mind. That's a council of a 29 years person who had 15 and tryied to talk about that, unsuccessfully...

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
hmmm I see. I guess I agree with you, I wasn't quite sure about this seeing I'm pretty young. heh. You guys have expireince. ^.^;;

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I dont know if you are an X-men fan, but look at the reactions on norms about mutants...

People cant understand what they cant explain.

[Edited on 11-5-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow, thanks a lot for all the helpful posts. It's nice to know that there's people out there like me who can talk about it. Thanks a lot for responding!
I've tried shielding, and it worked for a while and then I started getting really odd dreams- I would sorta share the dreams of my family and wake up exactically when they did and things like that.
I read that talesments also do something of that nature...Anyone try those?

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You might want to start a new thread with that topic Valedamar.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
...you have just experienced a very torturous emotional experience. That is why the swirling of the 'paper' over your bed (ok, next to your bed) when you were sleeping. Otherwise, you are pretty much in control. That is how I see it. Well, it's ok to go through that kind of thing. You eventually learn to control your emotions. Although it's not always easy. Just remember that whatever it is, you'll get through it. And I'm sorry to hear about the loss. (When I first went to a funeral at the age of 17, I looked at the person in the coffin and I just started crying. I couldn't stop. I didn't even know the person. It was everything that I felt. Yes, empathic. Same with the next funeral. I learned to look at something different in the situation so I could control myself. I do very well now. Emotions can be very messy. It's a good idea though to keep in touch with them because if you block them out too much, it's harder when you come back to them to deal with the scenario.)

Now about the others in your family. Well tough if they can't accept you for who you are. At the same time, it's tough on you too. Because you have to go around in secret or be misunderstood. And I can see that already being an issue in your life. It was an issue in mine. I kept at a distance from everyone. I don't think anyone has to go it alone the way I had to. It is not fair or pleasant. People ought to accept there are more percentages of our brain to use than only three percent hahahaha!!! I feel you ought to be whom EVER you are, and as talented and gifted as you are, and if others fear you because of that, just teach them there is no need for fear. They should instead learn from you. Only problem with that is you'll get the undeveloped kind asking you to curse someone they don't like, or to guess lottery numbers...because they are too ignorant of the true situation. So all you can do is to teach and inform. It can be a tough life with so many gifts. At the same time, with some amount of independence from others and firmness in your attitude, the life you lead could be adventurous, fun and exciting.

Keep a positive outlook as much as possible. Then when you are involved in any negative situations, it's a slice of cake.

And always remember. You are "special" in a wonderful way!

HEY ! KILLER 5 ! Sorry, I didn't notice you were the next poster. It's just that so many posts are so stupid when you get this kind of information. And I didn't want to get my mind dirty with someone elses opinion.

And the next post was from you! I'm so glad! You and Valedamar should U2U each other and share info because you are in the same age range and have similar situations happening. So! Now do you believe in natural coincidences? You were all brought together without even having to work at it. Good stuff.

Oh and, what a darling cpr12r. Thanks for the link!

I just want to say that everyone's posts here were just wonderful. It's almost a miracle haha. Hey Valedamar...you sure are powerful. Look! No idiot posts in here!!! Love it!

[Edited on 5/12/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I told my mom and family my interest. I am working on TK so I showed a bit only moved it an inch but seems your case is different

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valedamar
Wow, thanks a lot for all the helpful posts. It's nice to know that there's people out there like me who can talk about it. Thanks a lot for responding!
I've tried shielding, and it worked for a while and then I started getting really odd dreams- I would sorta share the dreams of my family and wake up exactically when they did and things like that.
I read that talesments also do something of that nature...Anyone try those?

As you keep learing newer stuff, you'll find that your shields will hold out longer and will be more effect. You have to remember to do maintence every now and then.

lol, Waking up when other people do, this is a trick I do just scare people
, Sort of like an alarm clock attached to somebody else. How to fix it? Turn it off
, Put simply, imagine an alarm clock that's linked to your family, and turn off the alarm. You might also want to program your shield to ignore the tp "alarms" while you're sleeping. (Since I purposely set up the alarm from the start, the process might be slightly different for you)

I'm personally not a fan of Talismans, if they work for you then go ahead, but I consider them a placebo. (That isn't to say that placebo's don't work, just not in the way they say to) You're better off working out what you want done exactly and learning how to do it yourself. You'll be a better psychic for it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join