It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattle Mutilations Strike In Alabama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Colorado is not alone in witnessing the resumption of cattle mutilations. Officials in Alabama say 32 mutilations have occurred since October in two northeastern counties.

"The cow's udder had been cut off cleaner than you could cut it with a razor. I've been ranching most of my life and I've seen animals that predators hot a hold of. I'd be willing to bet my life it was no predator," said Jimmy Pope, a Geraldine, Ala., rancher whose cow was found in a pasture 500 feet from his house.

"The cow had an oval-shaped cut on her shoulder where skin and hair had been removed, there was no blood nowhere, and the mouth had been cut in an oval shape and the teeth had been removed surgically," he said.

While removal of specific organs in DeKalb and Marshall counties cases is similar to two incidents last November in Costilla and Las Animas counties in southern Colorado, the Alabama cases have produced some new twists.

Tissue samples from one Alabama cow, examined under microscope by Denver pathologist Dr. John Altshuler, showed that the blood around the cut tissue had been "cooked," indicating temperatures of at least 300 degrees had been used to make or cauterize the cuts.

Also, traces of a chemical substance were found at the scene of a mutilation, according to Fyffe, Ala., police Officer Ted Oliphant.

"We found a white substance on a cow's right rib cage and on the ground next to it. I put it into a plastic wrapper, and back at the office, when I touched some of it with the metal tip of my pen, it turned to liquid within one second. I put the rest on a piece of paper. We sent it to a molecular biologist for analysis and found it was composed of aluminum, titanium, oxygen and silicon. This is not a substance that occurs in nature," said Oliphant.

The Alabama mutilations fit the classic patter, officials said.

"It varies from animal to animal, but generally the same things are taken. Sex organs are removed with an oval incision, rectums are cored out, tongues are cut out, jaws stripped to the bone, milk sacs are removed, sometimes a very large incision and internal organs are taken," said Oliphant.

Pope said he was awakened by his barking Labrador retrievers about 3 A.M. but looked outside and saw nothing. His neighbor, 3 miles away, told Pope he had seen a low-flying helicopter late that night. "We've got helicopters in about 90% of these cases, either reported by the farmers themselves on their neighbors," said Oliphant. "They're these light blue with gray bottoms, Bell Jet Rangers with no markings on them.

We don't know whose running these things, but they're pushing their luck. The farmers are driving around with high-powered rifles in their trucks."area51.upsu.plym.ac.uk...

I lived in that part of the state before movining back to east central Al and I have personally seen some very strange things in the sky, even saw a UFO in the daytime.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I think mutilations are one of the most compelling parts of the question regarding possible aliens. Even if it is just the military doing this, why and how?

What's the big deal about cows? If it's the military, why don't they just buy some cows from farmers? IMO, it's because it's not the military.

If it's satanists, where do they get the technology to make such a "clean" and inconspicuous kill? IMO, it's because it's not satanists or someone using them to make sacrifices.

I don't know if that leaves aliens as the only other possibility but it's quite compelling.

What do skeptics say about mutilations?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I think mutilations are one of the most compelling parts of the question regarding possible aliens. Even if it is just the military doing this, why and how?

What's the big deal about cows? If it's the military, why don't they just buy some cows from farmers? IMO, it's because it's not the military.

Cattle mutilations is a really interesting subject for lots of people. The black helicopter element makes people think it's just the military. Though it could be that the black choppers are there investigating ufos, who knows.

Myself I think this is the government doing periodic checkups on the nation's cows, to keep a close eye on how the growth hormones or genetic manipulation are taking, in different parts of the states.

Why not just buy a bunch of cows and test it on them? My guess is that tests on that scale didn't provide sufficient data, and so they just found it easier to "zeta test" this technology. Beta testing being when it's ready, and zeta being the ongoing test period where the public (in this case ranchers) are the unwitting testers.

On the flipside of that, I can't think of why they would still be mutilating cows after all these years. But then I'm not privy to the details of genetic and biological manipulation of cows to increase their size and growing speed. There could be all kinds of unforseen problems, which means that the situation is in need of constant monitoring and fine tuning.

Here's something plausible I hadn't considered, from the wikipedia article on mutilations:

Biochemist Colm Kelleher,[29] who has investigated several purported mutilations first-hand, argues that the mutilations are most likely a clandestine U.S. Government effort to track the spread of Bovine spongiform encephalopathy ("mad cow disease") and related diseases, such as scrapie.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

They say what typical skeptics say, They never really listen to the facts and say stupid stuff like, it was teenagers or other animals.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
huggs everyone,,,,

these mutilations have been going on for sometime and there has never been an arrest or even any leads...

I dont think its the govt doing it,,,nor sick cultist groups,,,
(they do sick stuff but they do it behind closed doors mostly,,last thing they want is farmer joe with his pump shotgun pulling up in his pickup)

cows arent cheap either,..they can be quite pricey...

in somes cases,,the cows just a rock throw away from the farmers house with a few dogs even around...
no noise or anything,,,
no tracks of predators even when theres snow on the ground,,
and cases sometimes where they had broken bones like they were droped,,

most anyone can agree something strange is happening,,,

if I was in a farm house and this happened down the road,,,I would be frightned...

thanks for the heads up on this and posting...

huggs everyone

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This isn't new news in Fyyfe. Research the area and you will find these oddities go back several years, decades in fact.

Even odder are the reported UFO sighting that go back to the late 80's. Over all , a very interesting region.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82
reply to post by nunya13

They say what typical skeptics say, They never really listen to the facts and say stupid stuff like, it was teenagers or other animals.

I guess you could classify me as more skeptical than not.

I don't have a clue what to say about cattle mutilations.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82
reply to post by nunya13

I suppose I'd fall under the category of a skeptic, simply because I don't feel like jumping to conclusions. I have no wish to make this personal Nunya13, but you claim we do not listen to the "facts", I would be curious to know what these "facts" dictate in this case?

According to the FBI:

The material concerning the Animal Mutilation Project contains accounts of animal mutilations which were reported during the late 1970's. The FBI became involved when fifteen mutilations occurred in New Mexico. Various theories concerning the origins of the mutilations were explored by the FBI, including satanic cults, UFOs, pranksters, and natural predators. The investigation failed to identify any individuals responsible for the mutilations.

source

The results are undecipherable. Which, is about as precise as we can be behind our computers unless you have something in the way of experience and evidence, is about as far as we can go in postulating.

Now, I have nothing against hypothetical discussion, we are in a UFO forum after all, and personally, due to the surgical nature of these events over time, I find interesting. But to make broad statements about a faction which exists only within your own mind is too easy. There is no us and them here. There is only opinion.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Oscitate]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Clark Savage Jr. beat me to this, but...

I live fairly close to Fyffe. It is simply common knowledge that Fyffe is the place to go for cattle mutilations and UFOs.

Nothing new here. It has been happening at least since the 1970s.

TheRedneck

[edit on 7/25/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
One thing I don't understand is: Why leave the carcass there?
With no sign of ground disturbance by driving in or walking in, that only leaves the air as the access to the cattle.

If I had some kind of agenda, involving removing cow parts and I reached them by air, I'm must be lifting the animal into my aircraft to remove the parts I'm after. I think I would get out of the area to do the work, so I would not be seen hanging around over someones property. I would dump it elswhere while in flight.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Oscitate

Just thinking about this subject again....

There seems to be strong suggestion by some that the organs & tissue samples are removed by a medical laser.

Those things aren't cheap. Low powered lasers start at around the $60K mark. It's easy to spend more than $250K on one. You also need different power ratings / wavelengths for different tissue, plus a stable power supply. The curved, "scooping" effect is also not straightforward to achieve with a laser.

I think there are a lot of problems with the laser idea.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

There seems to be strong suggestion by some that the organs & tissue samples are removed by a medical laser.

Those things aren't cheap. Low powered lasers start at around the $60K mark. It's easy to spend more than $250K on one. You also need different power ratings / wavelengths for different tissue, plus a stable power supply. The curved, "scooping" effect is also not straightforward to achieve with a laser.

I have to agree there are alot of problems with that as well considering the size of the apparatus. Everyone thinks its just a pen sized little thing. Nevermind the room its hooked up to. First. They are not exactly mobile. Secondly these doctors would have to master the art of levitation as there are no tracks. then they would have to be in suits to hide their natural scent as dogs dont even pick them up. Then on a tertiary note, where are they putting all the blood? there is not a drop on the ground, nor is there any blood in the remianing beast carcass. Fourth, no struggle. Ok.. perhapse these mystery doctors tranq the beasts first. What of the other cattle, the ones that are around... why do they not make a sound either? fifth, if it were predators.... Predator theory does not work. The predators that attack these tear the flesh apart. what remains is left to other carrion eaters, and flies and what not. Why do no predators even go near the fallen beasts? There are no foot prints of any kind. No sounds.. nothing remotely indicative of struggle or unwelcomed presence. Toxicology states there is no cause of death even. its as if they just keel over dead.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I have a question about the ufo activity in the area. I've only been in Alabama 3 years and have seen some strange things in those 3 years. I found a site that has ufo sightings by people. Not a well known site but one thing I did notice is that the sightings seem to appear more in Alabama around the foothills and mountians.

Do you think the mountain range and foothills have anything to do with the sightings?

Also do you think the sightings have increased in this area in the last few years?

Or could the depot in Anniston have anything to do with it. I believe thats the place where they dispose of chemical weapons and outdated munitions. Anyway thats what I'm told they do out there.

From the limited responses on the link I'll post it seems the sightings are either up in Jacksonville or people from the jacksonville area use the same search engine I do and respond.

myufo.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Fyffe sits atop Sand Mountain, not in the foothills area. There are some gorges and such nearby (Buck's Pocket, a local attraction based on rugged terrain is close), but that is actually pretty common in this area. It is definitely not restricted to Fyffe. The town itself is little more than a wide spot in the road between Rainsville and Albertville. The mutilations are in the farms around it.

You're right about the Anniston Depot being used to dispose of chemical/biological weapons (there is a rumor they have a close connection with the CDC in Atlanta), but Anniston is not really that close to Fyffe.

As for the frequency of the sightings, I really don't know. I am of a firm belief that we are not being visited by aliens (if for no other reason than we're the ghetto of the galaxy). So I really don't pay tremendous attention to the number of sightings.

It's just a sleepy little one-horse town with a couple of stores and a small assemblage of homes packed together surrounded by farmland, but it is definitely the weird stuff capital of the area.

TheRedneck

[edit on 7/25/2009 by TheRedneck]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

yes,,that also adds to the mystery,,,

it doesnt appear in the least they try and hide what their doing....

VERY WEIRD...

huggs,,,

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I was just wondering but the parts taken from the cattle would they be parts of the animal where chemicals or something would have the most concentration in the animal?

As you said by road Anniston is a bit aways from Sand Mountain about an hour 20 minutes but by air not that far.

Makes me wonder if there is a connection between the depot and the mutilations. I have to wonder when I'm told it's safe the way they dispose of these chemicals and such because they use special filters. Perhaps they go after animals to see what they are doing to them and just how far away they are effected.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee

Originally posted by Sam60

I have to agree there are alot of problems with that as well considering the size of the apparatus. Everyone thinks its just a pen sized little thing. Nevermind the room its hooked up to. First. They are not exactly mobile. Secondly these doctors would have to master the art of levitation as there are no tracks. then they would have to be in suits to hide their natural scent as dogs dont even pick them up. Then on a tertiary note, where are they putting all the blood? there is not a drop on the ground, nor is there any blood in the remianing beast carcass. Fourth, no struggle. Ok.. perhapse these mystery doctors tranq the beasts first. What of the other cattle, the ones that are around... why do they not make a sound either? fifth, if it were predators.... Predator theory does not work. The predators that attack these tear the flesh apart. what remains is left to other carrion eaters, and flies and what not. Why do no predators even go near the fallen beasts? There are no foot prints of any kind. No sounds.. nothing remotely indicative of struggle or unwelcomed presence. Toxicology states there is no cause of death even. its as if they just keel over dead.

All those things could be achieved with the right equipment.

However the equipment would all be very expensive, complex & difficult to use.

Also, none of that equipment is designed for that sort of field use.

It's a "way out there" topic.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I might add that the hide samples taken from one of the mutilated cattle (colorado) was not only subjected to high heat but Under magnification it was noted that the cells were pushed aside vs cut through. I've forgotten the laser surgeons name but he worked at Rose Medical Center. He stated that current laser technology was unable to duplicate the process of cell separation. " Alien Harvest " by Linda Moulton Howe. The photographs of the magnified samples are quite striking.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog
I might add that the hide samples taken from one of the mutilated cattle (colorado) was not only subjected to high heat but Under magnification it was noted that the cells were pushed aside vs cut through. I've forgotten the laser surgeons name but he worked at Rose Medical Center. He stated that current laser technology was unable to duplicate the process of cell separation. " Alien Harvest " by Linda Moulton Howe. The photographs of the magnified samples are quite striking.

That's correct - lasers do not work like that. Lasers super-heat the intracellular fluid extremely rapidly & the cells are "obliterated" that way.

If you are saying the cells were pushed aside seperately on a cell-by-cell scale, I do not know of a medical technology that will do that on a "macro" scale.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

I think you are on to something. The gov't has the ability to train people to hover over and skimmy down and take samples. They would leave behind the carcase to feed the alien scare IMO. Because the CIA is behind the manifestations and feeding of the alien buzz. It would serve two purposes one to feed the alien theories and second to test to see how the chemicals are affecting the animals (hence the people)and in what radias the effects cover. Also peiodicly testing for mad cow in variouse places across the nation would be more beneficial than just in two contolled areas. I wonder if there are any dump sites in the Colorado area? I am sure the gov't is behind this not aliens...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join