It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany's nuclear misadventures continue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Germany's nuclear misadventures continue

presstv.ir

Technical problem at two more nuclear reactors in Germany have fuelled the anti-nuclear debate, with the ruling party urging against politicization of the issue.

The latest mishaps came less than three weeks after a fault at the Kruemmel reactor cuts power and water supplies to thousand of homes, breathing new life into the major campaign issue which has divided the country's coalition government ahead of the September elections.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well it seems the debate over Nuclear energy is going to be one of the strongpoints of this up coming election.

We don't need to be reminded of what happened at Chernobyl when speaking of the potential hazards of powering only with Nuclear Reactors.

Last week, a report by Germany's Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS) questioned the safety of a controversial nuclear waste dump facility in Asse, rating the salt-mine storage facility as one of the most unreliable nuclear waste dumps in use after officials found radioactive water leak.

Also from the story, it seems that Germany is cutting corners when it comes to disposing of this very dangerous and toxis material.

What do you think ATS, Nuclear, or Non-Nuclear power? What is the alternative?

~Keeper

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I haven't heard about this anywhere in Germany. Maybe I'm living under a rock.

I personally am in favor of nuclear. When it's done correctly, it is safe [if Germany is cutting corners with disposal, I'd suspect that they're cutting corners in the plants themselves, too]. Since Three Mile Island, there haven't been any incidents in America [that I'm aware of]. France gets a large portion of their power from nuclear and I've never heard of a mishap there.

The sticking point, I feel, is the waste. But, there have been developments in reprocessing. I read once before that many times, nuclear power plants dispose of nuclear material before it's needed.

Despite this, I think that nuclear is the way to go until wind, solar, and other alternatives become more viable, which will happen one day, they're just not up to snuff yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Chernobyl was almost certainly caused by the CIA as part of the US cold war tactics against the Soviets. There is ample evidence if you wish to go and look, and there was a great deal of motive.

Just a couple of the most glaring facts - a few safety technicians 'disappeared' from the site at the time of the accident, only to be found living a life of relative comfort in the US a short time later. Also there was a software glitch that was probably responsible, and the US had a policy of supplying faulty software to the Soviets to try and create industrial accidents - such the big gas pipeline explosion (forget the name of it) - Reagan later admitted it was a covert action with faulty software that lead to the explosion.

Now - Germany - the worlds largest manufacturing exporter, resists quantitative easing, is the back bone of economic power in Europe - is having nuclear troubles? I dont think so - this again smacks of the NWO agenda. They do not want nuclear power, it is absolutely against their agenda - there is no carbon tax on nuclear energy.

They want to impoverish the world, using 'alternative' energy that is so low density you would probably be better off with a horse and cart, and plowing your fields with oxen.

More work from the intelligence agencies that have been usurped from their sovereign nations and co-opted in to the vile vision of tomorrow where all the world are serfs to serve the elite few.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Chernobyl was almost certainly caused by the CIA as part of the US cold war tactics against the Soviets. There is ample evidence if you wish to go and look, and there was a great deal of motive.

Well, I've never seen anything saying that it was a CIA action that did that. Where are you getting his info?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Why can France do it with relative ease and Germany can't?

I mean, France is very nice, very calm, and nuclear powered. Why can't Germany be the same?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Well, I've never seen anything saying that it was a CIA action that did that. Where are you getting his info?

Here is a link with some info - there is plenty more, this is just the top search - if you really wanted to research it, then expect it to be difficult. The US or CIA would absolutely not want to be blamed for this at any time.

www.visualstatistics.net...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
the lack of funding and investments in nuclear power and the nuclear sector in germany is the blama .. France has a commitment for more nuclear power plants and making them more secure and beter .. as for germany they are breaking them down under teh false pretence that nuclear energy isn't green energy and the green lobby who is pushing for wind power farms has to much influence gathered in gewrmany so less and less people know how to use nuclear energy and how to maintain them. as germany had many nuclear power plants now they have a few and they are losing the knowledge ect for using them as a result.
the taboo on nuclear power and technology due to the accident in the ukraine in the 80s has done more bad then good ..
because the accident has let to a lack of funding in better nuclear technology and nuclear waste cleaning. and something i regret the most
it has let to us being afraid of nuke power and we arent even willing to launch a nuclear power plant for inspace propulsion systems.
we could already been way beyond jupiter but we are still using fossil fuels and rocktes instead of nuclear powerd electro magnetic launch systems and nuclear powered high power high speed propulsion for in space use.
THis kind of thinks happening is leading to more and more bad feeling towards nuclear power in a time we need more nuclear power for creating hydrogene fuel.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Got anything to back up this assertion? the glaring safety issues of graphite moderated reactors is pretty well documented and the Soviets were not all that concerned with the environment or the safety of its citizens.

The little publicized SL-1 accident in 1961 in Idaho was yet another example fo people going off the reservation in terns of safe operation of a reactor.

[edit on 7/26/09 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nuclear power is the future,forget crappy solar or wind unless you want to put solar panels on your own home to lessen the bills or get off the grid entirely.But for large scale power production for the world i think we should try and get it entirely from nuclear which is very possible.As for nuclear power plants,Germany should just get the french to build them.They build the worlds best nuclear power plants with a good track record of safety.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

That's some pretty flimsy evidence.

The CIA isn't responsible for everything, it seems highly doubtful that Chernobyl was anything more than an accident caused by negligence.

top topics

join