It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The military's "pain ray" may be going live

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

fine if everyone is so worried about my grandkids i wont have any.

That might be a good thing, jk

Back on topic. I do not believe their BS about no-lethal, no long term damage. You zap someone with microwaves like that there has to be some kind of long term effect. I hope they all rot in hell !

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Personally, I'd rather have a pain ray, rather than a 5.56mm "ray". But that's just me - because I don't live in a mystical world of elves, faries, and world peace. I suppose some know it all will quote me without knowing the context of this post - I'll deal with you later.

[edit on 26/7/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Having the ultimate potential of killing masses of people using huge sweeps from space doesn't scare me as much as those who posses it.
'
'
Thank you.

Noconsequence..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I posted a topic on this already, pretty nasty stuff if you ask me. Here's a link to what was said about it on the other thread.

LINK

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is like the new tazor, we have seen how they are currently being abused by cops all over the world. expect you tube clips of these being used for all crowd control. public protest will soon become a thing of the past.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ist time I was aware of these weapons being used was on Greenham Comman air base when they were used against protestors many years ago

Posts on this site show they have been used in Iraq with lethal mode turned on to cook insurgents quickly

has the potential to be a very nasty weapon,and if used on our steets and towns I can see acidental deaths among some people

Hopefully the street versions will only allow non lethal settings to be used,otherwise there big room for error!

Good post OP

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
You know, human beings will be using these. People with families. People that AREN'T the elite. I'm pretty sure they won't become a military force and oppress the same class they're in.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I wonder if the effect on people with implanted pacemakers will be "non-lethal"?

If not, the "up" side will be the reduced cost to the new healthcare system.

*sarcasm off*

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

"a new report details how the supposedly non-lethal blaster could be turned into a flesh-frying killer"

This is real simple. This device has an effective range meaning if your to far away, it doesn't have an effect on you. Now the simple part, what if your too close?

Do you like your meat 'Rare' or 'Well done'?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This thing makes the brain think it's being hurt, right? Well, if it were hypotehtically used on the mass populace to keep order, what if someone was well trained on their minds to counter it in that they feel no pain? You know, keep your mind clear and concentrate, have your mind focused on the idea it may not be real. These Tibetan monks for example, can be stabbed and control the bleeding or their own temperatures. I know some people here meditate like this, so could it be possible?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Darky6K]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Why not spend the money on something actually usefull ?

Like human developpement, health, education and and try to balance social differences ?
Like this you wont need any stupid # mass control weapons.....

As some ppl stated before me, i hope those who created and support this # will rot in hell.

Seriously, these ppl lost their minds. Just like those who think this is "cool".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
Why not spend the money on something actually usefull ?

Like human developpement, health, education and and try to balance social differences ?
Like this you wont need any stupid # mass control weapons.....

Well spending money on human development and health would mean more people and more people living longer and we are already over crowded...

However weapons tend to help nature 'balance ' the planet

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The next g20 protest is this year here in America. Imagine thousands of people that all at once fall on the ground writhing and twitching like a seuizure from the pain. Thats not cool. It's discusting. They say 911 was bad, wait tell they see this, no deaths just thousands of people fried alive.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Personally, I'd rather have a pain ray, rather than a 5.56mm "ray". But that's just me - because I don't live in a mystical world of elves, faries, and world peace. I suppose some know it all will quote me without knowing the context of this post - I'll deal with you later.

[edit on 26/7/2009 by C0bzz]

I'll take the 5.56mm, thank you very much. I can dodge that, and most soldiers can't shoot for beans. The problem with the ray is you can't dodge it, and it penetrates walls. As far as the wavelength used not penetrating deeply due to its absorption by the water content of the subdermal layer...uuuhhhh, I think I'd rather not have my subdermal layers boiling beneath my epidermis, which is what that translates to.

In another thread on weapons, I posted a report by an engineer involved in the development of this that reported killing cows with it during testing.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What an amazingly interesting technology. I really want to see how this plays out. Since every fearmonger here thinks it will be used against citizens(primarily US I guess) and I have yet to see any concrete end-times of freedom like so many random youtube videos promise.

I can see it being beneficial with prisoners and dispersing crowds.

Of course, as with every technology, the chance of abuse still exists.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
I'll take the 5.56mm, thank you very much. I can dodge that, and most soldiers can't shoot for beans.

WTF? That has to be the funniest statement I've read in quite a while. Boris the Bullet-dodger you ain't.

So, want to bet your life on that? 5.56 will rip you a new a-hole; the wound channel is horrific.

Most soldiers can shoot quite well, by the way. I know I can.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I've been shot at enough to know that, in combat, most bullets miss. Shooting while pumped with adrenaline and with folks shooting back tends to throw your aim off a bit, no matter how good you are on the range.

I'll take my chances with the bullet.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I've been shot at enough to know that, in combat, most bullets miss. Shooting while pumped with adrenaline and with folks shooting back tends to throw your aim off a bit, no matter how good you are on the range.

Whatever, killer. You just keep on trucking with your bad self.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Seems to work that way on TV too... even with machine guns

But even if a bullet hits you you still have a lot of odds in favor of it not being a vital spot

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
But even if a bullet hits you you still have a lot of odds in favor of it not being a vital spot

Depends. 50 Cal hits you in the arm, it will take your arm off. The round is about the size of your thumb.

Any round hitting you is going to mess you up, no one should try to kid themselves. And "dodging" them is only a pipedream.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join