It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The military's "pain ray" may be going live

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well

We have a choice lethal or non lethal

Hmmm, I'll take the warm and fuzzy anytime

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well now that we know that its a form of microwave, we need to focus our attention on how to protect or defend from its use. any brain wiz out there who knows how to protect from microwave? some type of body suite or shield. i saw one video with a guy holding up a bed mattress and it didn't penetrate it...

how about a tin foil hat

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Alchemst7]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, I'm willing to bet that Jeffrey Miller, Allison Krause, William Schroeder, and Sandra Scheuer would be in favor of this.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

OH NO!!!! NOT MY THEORETICAL GRANDKIDS IN A HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION! lets see... pain ray vs A BULLET

Silly boy.

In a case of crowd 'control' there should be neither bullets or anything else unless that crowd were shooting the place up. So we vote these people in, pay taxes and they use our money to devise these increasingly dangerous weapons to stop any dissent or voicing of displeasure whatsoever?
How about people who are voted in to SERVE and administrate do what they are meant to do. How about if a mass of people are unhappy with what the 'administration' is doing that they are actually listened to...how's that for a novel idea.
How about those governing have these weapons used on them first if they think they are so great. Anyone in government found to be corrupt, having sexual liaisons whilst they should be working, found lying etc should maybe be tasered first then given a chance to tell the truth...then pain rayed until they do tell the truth. Might be a once in a lifetime event of course...telling the truth...lol

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
I am sure that this will see its fair share of use. And blasting microwave beams at people to the point their skin burns is really pushing the boundaries of non lethal force,

Talk about giving new meaning to the term "Your goose is cooked"

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I'd MUCH rather be hit with this thing than bullets. Or even rubber bullets or gas. Trust me rubber bullets hurt like hell and sting almost as much as a normal bullet and I've been shot with both!

And if the level is turned up a notch to burn your skin off? Ever stick your head into a micro wave? How cool is that?

I mean just imagine the operator had a bad day with his wife and cranks that dial...

Personally I think ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest should volunteer to test it and report back how cool it is

[edit on 25-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
With advances in building smaller, more powerful batteries, beam rifles with back pack power units must be on their way. It will be frightening if and when they can dial up the output and paint sq. miles with brain frying beams from planes/satellites.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by xstealth
I am sure that this will see its fair share of use. And blasting microwave beams at people to the point their skin burns is really pushing the boundaries of non lethal force,

Talk about giving new meaning to the term "Your goose is cooked"

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer
I'd MUCH rather be hit with this thing than bullets. Or even rubber bullets or gas. Trust me rubber bullets hurt like hell and sting almost as much as a normal bullet and I've been shot with both!

And if the level is turned up a notch to burn your skin off? Ever stick your head into a micro wave? How cool is that?

I mean just imagine the operator had a bad day with his wife and cranks that dial...

Personally I think ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest should volunteer to test it and report back how cool it is

haha. Well I admit I didn't quite think about it like that! I agree!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Army Orders Pain Ray Trucks; New Report Shows ‘Potential for Death’

After years of testing, the Active Denial System — the pain ray which drives off rioters with a microwave-like beam — could finally have its day. The Army is buying five of the truck-mounted systems for $25 million. But the energy weapon may face new hurdles, before it’s shipped off to the battlefield; a new report details how the supposedly non-lethal blaster could be turned into a flesh-frying killer.

www.wired.com...

I like that wording

"a new report details how the supposedly non-lethal blaster could be turned into a flesh-frying killer"

I wonder if it can be tight focused

"Chestnuts roasting over an open fire.... "

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Serious protesters will just start using reflective lined clothes (& hats) and make all those millions in development worthless.

Back to the water cannons lads!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I had been thinking about the case of people trampled to death when others run and also about what happens to those unable to escape the beam for whatever reason-- fell down, blocked, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
reply to post by zorgon

I had been thinking about the case of people trampled to death when others run and also about what happens to those unable to escape the beam for whatever reason-- fell down, blocked, etc.

They're called "statistics" I think.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
'Harmless' Area Denial
Weapons Facts...And Burns
By Ted Twietmeyer
12-12-7

The weapon does not generate a small amount of "harmless" microwave power. It generates 100 THOUSAND WATTS of microwave power. This is equivalent to more than 100 microwave ovens. This is the equivalent energy of ONE THOUSAND 100 WATT light bulbs. Who would put anyone in front of such energy? And who would be stupid enough to push the button to activate it? To put this in perspective, just 100 watts of microwave power are used to send signals to television satellites 22,500 miles out in space. And even 100 watts of microwave power is considered unsafe. Satellite dishes on remote hookup trucks usually have a radiation symbol on them to warn people of the risk. One hundred watts of microwave power is more than enough energy to cause cataracts in the eyes. It is still unknown if this weapon can cause cataracts.

* A very large power source for this weapon is required. It is known that the beam can be turned on continuously for at least 4 seconds, which was used on reporters during a demonstration. To generate 100,000 watts of power requires the electrical equivalent of 134 horsepower. In fact, more power is actually required because the gyrotron that generates this power requires far more energy to power it than what is generated by it.

www.rense.com...

yeah i know its on Rense... but Ted just provide article to Rense as well as many other websites

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
They're called "statistics" I think.

"Collateral damage"

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I know your not supposed to stand within 5 feet of a microwave in use.

Everyone knows this machine is dangerous, but when you live through it and die a year later from cancer they can blame it on excessive use of your cellphone, cigarettes, hair dryers, everthings fault but this; its non lethal.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Another point about microwaves... hiding inside your house won't help. Unless you live in a Faraday cage. I have used microwave motion sensors in security systems and you have to set thjem just right or they will pick up the cars on the street

So say you wanted to flush out some insurgents barricaded in some old houses, you could turn up the heat as it were and as they come out you can use the MTHEL lasers (Mobile Tactical High Energy Lasers mounted on similar trucks) to pick them off one at a time

Ahhh gotta love Star Wars tech... maybe in a few years they will have light sabers and I can turn in my slightly rusty sword

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Another point about microwaves... hiding inside your house won't help.

These 95 GHz waves shouldn't penetrate anything deeply and aren't supposed to travel through walls. They are only supposed to penetrate skin by less than 1/64 inch because of the energy absorbed by the water.

Unless of course everything I looked up was B.S.

A normal microwave for cooking operates at 2.45 GHz. Googling on the motion sensors shows they operate in a similar range.

It seems it's tuned to have energy absorbed by water molecules in particular and so some possible defenses may be to wear wet clothing or protest in wet weather. With wet clothes, evaporation can assist in dissipating the energy.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think they should give the police a smaller version to use on people who drive and use their cellphones, give some to clerks to use on people who come in talking to the air on their bluetooth, God, I want one to use on the teenagers who run all the fast food joints, I could go on and on, it could be used in many ways, a smaller version of course....

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

You mean to use on us along with those Tasers, pepper spray etc.? Heck one cop used peperspray on one of those kids at a fast food place and another pulled his gun...

I don't think they need anything else to zap us with

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sorry Zorgon, don't mean to derail the thread, I was just thinking about my latest experiences tonight before work, and when I got here, a pain ray was sounding pretty darn good to my imagination.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well I want one too... hook it up to a satellite... then trace the IP of those debunkers and....

errrr yeah back on topic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join