It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Armed Forces, Best weapons money can buy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I found this interesting 2007 YouTube video of our troops commencing engagement with some big firepower. The military Industrial Complex must pay well it's contracts for such fine weaponry.

All I can say is, "God help us!"
It ain't the aliens.

Link

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

You know that was funny, but stuff does break from time to time and soldiers do occasionaly fail to put things together correctly. They didnt seem all that upset by it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well they are going to have to get a lot closer to the enemy if they are just going to shoot the barrels off of the weapons as projectiles.

Look at the bright side at least it broke when they weren't being fired at. Although I'm sure as often as those weapons get fired there are probably quite a few malfunctions like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
arent the barrels of those weapons removable in the first place?

on an amazing side note...

Using an Unertl telescopic sight and a mounting bracket of his own design, Hathcock could quickly convert the M2 into a sniper rifle, using the traversing-and-elevating (T & E) mechanism attached to the tripod to assist in aiming at stationary targets. When firing semi-automatically, Hathcock could accurately hit man-size targets beyond 2000 yards—twice the range of a standard-caliber sniper rifle of the time (a .30-06 Winchester Model 70). In fact, Hathcock set the record for the longest confirmed kill at 2,250 m (2,460 yd), a record which he held until 2002.
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join