It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of "Conspiracy Theory"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Indeed,

everyone has their opinions. They're completely entitled to them. They can be over the top, outrageous and just plain....illogical.

But we sure love illogical reasoning on this website. I come on here for select purposes and just to see what crazy ideas people are coming up with these days. It's completely healthy to question yourself & to question the world we reside in. However, it's a bit unhealthy to live in a world of complete paranoia.

Life is short. Go out and enjoy it.

...Actually, a lot of individuals will take THAT statement and claim I'm living in a complete denial of what's really happening (in their sense of what's happening: NWO takeover, removal of freedoms, FEMA concentration camps). But in reality, I'm just sane and rather enjoy living here before my time ends.

So should everyone else.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You just went on this ridiculous rant and it is obvious you don't even know what the word conspiracy theory means. I guess you go off the MSM text book definition but why don't you look it up for yourself.

I would also assume from reading your post you have done zero research but in the end conspiracy theories turn out to be true.

When people said the earth was round not flat, that must be a conspiracy theory in your opinion.

Let me guess, you support the federal reserve right?

I think this person sums it up pretty good...

Abby Hudgins: "I hate the term "conspiracy theory". It has a negative connotation, so that the minute something is labeled as such, many people won't even listen to the possibilities. The idea that there might be alternative agendas that most people are not aware of is highly probable, but it doesn't mean it's a scheme meant to cause harm. In terms of space, it may very well be that if something is being hidden, it is for what some believe is the welfare of the general public. However, for those trying to find out the truth, RCH is trying to find answers. Maybe he's right, maybe not, but I would rather someone encourage me to think of the possibilities, rather than just sleep through life."

And I would call you a dis info, especially posting something like that on this site.

Why don't you go grab your bible because the world is 6,000 years old....._javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 25-7-2009 by epete22]

[edit on 25-7-2009 by epete22]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfer_soul
I agree with what your saying, but where are you getting your statistics from? Has a survey been carried out or is it more of generalisation of your own experiences?

Just a guesstimate from reading this site since 2005.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You just went on this ridiculous rant and it is obvious you don't even know what the word conspiracy theory means. I guess you go off the MSM text book definition but why don't you look it up for yourself.

In my teens and twenties I read all the conspiracy-books out there. As you can see from my thread-list, Ive also done dozens of conspiracy-theories myself in threads here.

About half of what I believed at the age of 22 was completely deluded.

I still believe in some conspiracies...such as a conspiracy involving extraterrestrials, a conspiracy involving archaeology and a few others.

And I would call you a dis info, especially posting something like that on this site.

I figured.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by epete22

Thanks for proving my point of the majority of ATS members

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Some unpopular claims I am making:

* 70% of all "information" in the conspiracy-theory, paranormal, UFO and political circus is false.

* False information is the original seed of war, strife, decay of society and mental illness

* 50% of the internet-reading-population does not care whether information is true or false. They care more for a) entertainment and b) self-importance/ego-gratification.

* Many naively think that this amount of false information is somehow "OK" and poses no serious threat to humanity.

So? Uh... Where did your percentages come from? False information?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
I hate the term "conspiracy theory". It has a negative connotation, so that the minute something is labeled as such, many people won't even listen to the possibilities. The idea that there might be alternative agendas that most people are not aware of is highly probable, but it doesn't mean it's a scheme meant to cause harm.

Nobody is claiming that there are no things hidden and secret. In fact, likely most of reality is hidden from us...otherwise we`d know who we are and where we are from.

People question the validity of certain conspiracy-theories such as "The Holocaust never happened" and are immediately put into the same category as the idiot-hive-mind and labeled "sheeple". Conspiracy-theorism has become somewhat of a cult.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What you really are (sky) is grossly ignorant and blind. You have eyes that can't see the truth nor ears that could hear this truth. This deception to many is similar to a red flag in a green forest. You however can not see the forest for the trees that reprsent all the lies and deception masquerading as truth. These are evil men and their outcome will not be pretty nor will your out come if you remain blind.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos

So? Uh... Where did your percentages come from? False information?

Its a guesstimate from reading this site since 2005.

If information can neither be verified by...

a) scientifically valid facts
b) witness testimony
c) own experience
d) detective work / research
e) by its fruits

and instead leaves the reader confused, fearful or hate-filled, then its simply trash.

With conspiracy-theory, since its mostly about hidden things, you cant find any verifiable facts. So then you should at least be able to provide some experiential back-up.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good start in stirring the waters, Sky. I think one of the most important morals behind your article is that people are too quick to point fingers, but maybe even in the act of trying to steer people towards truth, you, yourself, have pointed fingers.

I see this as a circular argument with good starting intentions. The good, the bad, and the most well spoken will be the victor. In fact in my experience I see that this is the general trend with the media, but I could be wrong in this case; I have never spent much time trolling websites. The search for truth in my mind is the one thing that separates humans from the rest of the lower animal kingdom, to those who try to shine a light in the darkness I respect and appreciate you. I agree that information in this age is harder to discern as truth, but I do not agree that you can use that as a crutch to be ignorant.

I will leave much more than I have said to the professionals of web boarding. I would like to impart a possible solution to this problem though. Perhaps if people were to get out and experience more things in life, to go and see the things talked about on this site and on the tv, the problems arising from armchair journalists would become less profane. And if that were the case, more and more people knowing the truth rather than believing a bunch of letters on a monitor, maybe just then people could band together in a competent approach to actually stopping the things they are complaining about. Or there might not be a problem at all and this is just the normality of life, either way carry on good man stirring the waters cant let the world get to stale.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Maybe true but if it wasn't for all these crazy theories you wouldn't have a job.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
What you really are (sky) is grossly ignorant and blind. You have eyes that can't see the truth nor ears that could hear this truth. This deception to many is similar to a red flag in a green forest. You however can not see the forest for the trees that reprsent all the lies and deception masquerading as truth. These are evil men and their outcome will not be pretty nor will your out come if you remain blind.

As long as your aware that you are calling someone who has himself authored dozens of conspiracy-threads ignorant and blind, I´ll accept the label.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth
Perhaps if people were to get out and experience more things in life, to go and see the things talked about on this site and on the tv, the problems arising from armchair journalists would become less profane.

Experience is the key. A few months ago I visited an acquaintance of mine at his house. He's a decent guy who has a really nice family. He's humble, friendly and full of goodwill.

David Icke, in one of his books, calls him a "reptilian pedophile".

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

* 70% of all "information" in the conspiracy-theory, paranormal, UFO and political circus is false.

* 50% of the internet-reading-population does not care whether information is true or false. They care more for a) entertainment and b) self-importance/ego-gratification.

Now is this just your opinion or is this actually factual data, if so please provide the source.....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01

Now is this just your opinion or is this actually factual data, if so please provide the source.....

Ive already answered this twice in the thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Most people here don't seem to care about finding any real proof to anything. Any theory that supports their beliefs is ok and anything that doesn't is disinfo. They ignore the simplest and most logical explanations and choose the most extraordinary ones. If one theory fails they jump to another one..

Edit:
Is there anything that can be done to make the situation better?

[edit on 25/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Forgive.

Educate.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Forgive.

Educate.

I can forgive.. But I can't forgive everything. One member said today that no-one has ever been caught making a crop circle.. He was wrong. He could've googled it before posting..

Educate? But what if they ignore the education?

It's sad that many hate skeptics here. Just look at this thread..
Skeptics who are skeptical just to maintain skepticism

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Nice essay Sky. It puts a different perspective on the threads that come up here.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Your statement:
Religion is evil"

(but without it that internet-poster would probably already be dead as religious institutions have uplifted society from barbaric primitivism to a set of ethics)

I believe that the world would have evolved far different if All religions had not been introduced. You can't say that everyone would be a club waving barbarian without the local holyman telling them there all going to hell if they don't follow the only true way.
I believe the world would have been a very different place, considering every recorded war, has been fought over one form of religion. Just think of all the people that have died over thosands of years for one form of religion. You might be a smart guy but your statement is simply wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join