It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of "Conspiracy Theory"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Conspiracy theories can be dangerous.
I really believe some groups or people spread falsehood to perpetuate hatred towards others.

Yes. I pray that some can see this.Throughout all of History conspiracy-theories have been used in order to create hatred. Stalin and Hitler used conspiracy-theories to justify their actions.

Which makes me wonder why sites like this allow theories that are blatantly false.

Well...there is the Hoax-Forum. And leaving blatantly false information up, for all to view, gives people the chance to learn to discern for themselves. So most of the time, education/facts are better than removing information.
Removing information only fuels paranoia.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Instead we choose sides and ridicule and undermine anyone who starts a topic that doesn't suit our particular political agenda.

I wish some of these "expert" conspiracy-theorists knew something about Machiavelli - the 16th century father of conspiracy-theory who said that in order to control people one must divide them into two different, strictly seperate sides and have them fight each other so that they never have the time to do the actual research required to find out various truths.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Also wouldn't it serve the ATS community well to work together towards truth, a joint effort in research and fact finding,?

Yes. It would be much less entertaining for many that way though.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Jezus
Exactly, so we should probably be more concerned by the more prevalent delusions that have more control of the infrastructure of our society...

What would that be for example? Can you give examples?

Lets see...I "learned" on ATS today...

"Pepsi is a Zionist Plot"

"There is no evidence that planes hit the WTC"

"2012 is actually 2008"

hmmm....

I'm not sure what you mean with these vague comments but my point is that the majority's delusional thinking in trusting large corporations has a far more negative effect on society.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean with these vague comments but my point is that the majority's delusional thinking in trusting large corporations has a far more negative effect on society.

I trust that microsoft delivers workable software more than I trust abovementioned CTs.

How is trusting corporations delusional? Which corporations? All corporations? In which way are corporations not to be trusted?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Lets not forget how generalizations like the one he state are generally wrong.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

How is trusting corporations delusional? Which corporations? All corporations? In which way are corporations not to be trusted?

People are delusional in thinking that powerful corporate entities that control politics, government, industry, and the infrastructure of our society have the masses best interests in mind...

People are delusional in thinking that the television will bring them anything besides a commercial...

People are delusional in thinking that large groups of organized people are inherently moral and will not hurt them...

The officialness and morality of our corporate controlled infrastructure is a delusion.

The idea that the masses are not cattle owned by corporations, is a delusion.

It is these types of delusions that are far more dangerous for our society than the rare conspiracy theorist who strongly believes in some of the fabricated conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Ah, the big bad corporations again, without which billions would be unemployed and you`d be without computer to type on and shoes to wear.

Cmon, you gotta find some better "conspiracy" than that.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Jezus

Ah, the big bad corporations again, without which billions would be unemployed and you`d be without computer to type on and shoes to wear.

Cmon, you gotta find some better "conspiracy" than that.

So technology didn't exist before corporations could control the profits, creators, and workers from technology?

* False information is the original seed of war, strife, decay of society and mental illness

I agree.

Corporations are the giant majority leader in the manipulation of information.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So technology didn't exist before corporations could control the profits, creators, and workers from technology?

Is that a rhetorical question? Corporations have been the No. 1 disseminator of technology and the prosperity of western nations.

Have you ever asked yourself why Africa, Russia, etc. look so different from Europe/America? The difference is corporatism and capitalism. The aforementioned countries are finally begining to learn that capitalism is beneficial to all.

There are valid conspiracies and conspiracy-theories out there, anti-corporatism is not one of them.

Cases of mismanegement and exploitation within 1% of the Corporate World does not make for a Conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

There are valid conspiracies and conspiracy-theories out there, anti-corporatism is not one of them.

It is difficult to think of many serious conspiracies that do not involve a corporation.

In fact , the conspiracies that effect the general population most are of consumer exploitation.

Cases of mismanegement and exploitation within 1% of the Corporate World does not make for a Conspiracy.

Many large corporations are completely based on effective information manipulation and exploitation.

Often they barely try to conceal it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

In fact , the conspiracies that effect the general population most are of consumer exploitation.

"Consumer Exploitation": Consumers are not responsible for what they buy?

Similar...

"Employees Exploitation": Employees are not responsible for being at that job?

Many large corporations are completely based on effective information manipulation and exploitation.

"Many" ? "Completely"?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"Consumer Exploitation": Consumers are not responsible for what they buy?

The manipulation of resources and information makes it impossible to choose an option that has not been presented by a corporation.

Consumers are not responsible because they did not create the system they are a part of.

Corporations facilitate the system by manipulation of...

laws - don't do drugs...drink beer and smoke cigarettes.
information/patents - drive cars...use gas...sit in traffic
information/broadcasting - elect corporate shills
education - take mood stabilizing drugs...be a good employee...

The list goes on and on...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Well, thanks for the discussion. It is interesting.

Consumers are not responsible because they did not create the system they are a part of.

This is quite wrong. Without consumers there would be no consumerism. Demand is what drives the economy.

laws - don't do drugs...drink beer and smoke cigarettes. information/patents - drive cars...use gas...sit in traffic information/broadcasting - elect corporate shills education - take mood stabilizing drugs...be a good employee...

I quit smoking, I avoid traffic, I dont watch TV anymore, I am self-employed rather than an employee. Why? Because Im responsible for my life and dont blame my life on some mysterious "powers that be".

As mentioned in the OP, there are valid CTs, and then there are CTs that serve to perpetuate victim-mentality and irresponsibility.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

This is quite wrong. Without consumers there would be no consumerism. Demand is what drives the economy.

Well unfortunately fear is the primary drive for demand.

This fear comes from the control and manipulation of resources that leaves the control of many huge influencing portions of our system out of the reach of individuals.

I quit smoking, I avoid traffic, I dont watch TV anymore, I am self-employed rather than an employee.

That's all very nice.

But it doesn't change the fact that men with guns will come into your house if you decide to smoke something besides cigarettes...

...or if you decide to drive a car that doesn't need gas.

You certainly comprehend the first part of the issue, resisting the peddled and intended negativity.

But what you seem to be avoiding is the very real issue of control...

Corporations stand behind physical force, you don't have to do exactly what they want, but you sure as hell are not gonna do what they don't want.

mismanagement of resources is fundamental to capatilism
exploitation of people is fundamental to corporatism

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It is all part of the Game.
Lack of discernment has always been a downside with people.
So what there's impure info?
Are you doing anything to teach yourself to be more discerning, in tune with your Self?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Tyrants who love Conspiracy Theories

The darkest side of CTs are that they are routinely used by the most dangerous heads in history.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysteralex
It is all part of the Game.

A game that has gotten out of hand, that has led to many a mass-slaughter.

Are you doing anything to teach yourself to be more discerning, in tune with your Self?

Discernment is a priority for me. Hence threads such as this.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ATS, and Blogosphere Now are labeled a BIPARTISAN Threat.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

ATS, and Blogosphere Now are labeled a BIPARTISAN Threat.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are a threat to the nations mental health as they allow any idiot to publish slander, falsehood, divisiveness and hatred about anyone at any time.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join