It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark Side of "Conspiracy Theory"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Phenomium
Yes, but removal of ANY of these freedoms to speak or share ideas despite the outcome will result in 100% slavery to the elites.

I see a lot of people accusing the elite of suppressing freedom of speech.

On a small-scale many anti-elite fanatics do the same thing when they practice...

a) Slander/Libel
b) Not tolerating disagreement
c) Not tolerating anyone questioning their conspiratorial worldview
d) Practicing selective "research" and selective thinking

There are a lot of miniature tyrants around.

Libel is not free speech.

Free Speech has never been in less danger than today. Because of the rise of the internet we have more free speech than ever before.

This kind of contradicts the notion that the plan for the "NWO" is to get rid of all free speech...because with every year that goes by, we have more and more and more free speech for everyone.

I can't even velieve I am readin this B.S. You and everyone else knows that we have to go through a "Libel" phase before just dismantleing a democracy (or Monarchy really).............we are clearly in the dismantleing phase of free speech right now. This is very clear and the internet is innudated with people getting arrested, beaten, tazed and dragged out of courtrooms and lectures for speaking their mind or even asking questions. You may not be a disinfo agent (I don't know) but you are clearly misinformed about reality and would rather take the words of the MSM or any other lackey that would tell you anything different. If you think this on your own then you are just ignorant, a quick search on the internet of examples of removals of a persons rigght to free speech would prove that we have not "actually lost" 100% of the "LAWS" of free speech, but our government and police force as well as certain presidential candidates quite clearly take the law into their own hands and make the rules as they go. A big majority of our police forces don't even know what our true rights are.....they break the rules all the time. Do a search on this also and wake up to the wealth of information attributed to the internet and the people by those who catch those who would remove our freedom of speech and other freedoms as well. I can guarantee that the same elites I spoke of are working hard to remove your right to speak and mine.

Here is a link that clearly shows someone in the states getting tasered just for asking a question to John Kerry at a lecture. That`s all he did and the cops grabbed him and dragged him out and tasered him. he didn`t even struggle Tasered and arrested for just for asking a question

Just to get you started here is a link to a google page of a crapload of llinks on being arrested JUST FOR SPEAKING (since you didn`t want to do it before responding) Arrested for speaking

So yeah, technically we still have it `written` that we have freedom of speech, but clearly YOU HAD BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

I can't even velieve I am readin this B.S. You and everyone else knows that we have to go through a "Libel" phase before just dismantleing a democracy (or Monarchy really).............we are clearly in the dismantleing phase of free speech right now. This is very clear and the internet is innudated with people getting arrested, beaten, tazed and dragged out of courtrooms and lectures for speaking their mind or even asking questions.

Again, since the Internet, more people than ever before are saying whatever they want. The existence of this website (ATS) itself is evidence of this.

How many ATS-members have been tazed and beaten for posting their opinions here? If that number is less than 0,1%, how can you say we are "dismantling free speech" right now?

"Free speech" has even gone so far that every idiot is allowed to voice hate-speech and calls for murder and destruction 24/7.

You may not be a disinfo agent (I don't know) but you are clearly misinformed about reality

Coming from someone with your views, thats a compliment.

and would rather take the words of the MSM or any other lackey that would tell you anything different.

MSM? Me? Ive given up on that years ago because much of it is the same hype as "alternative" press.

A big majority of our police forces don't even know what our true rights are

And then you go on to insult millions of your fellow humans who happen to work for the police.

I can guarantee that the same elites I spoke of are working hard to remove your right to speak and mine.

The exact opposite is true, as evidenced by this website for example. Where is your evidence?

Here is a link that clearly shows someone in the states getting tasered just for asking a question to John Kerry at a lecture.

One incident in which security was overzealous in their protection of a presidential canditate means your rights to freedom of speech are removed?

Just to get you started here is a link to a google page of a crapload of llinks on being arrested JUST FOR SPEAKING (since you didn`t want to do it before responding)

Just for speaking? Or for having malicious intent?

So yeah, technically we still have it `written` that we have freedom of speech, but clearly YOU HAD BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY.

The only places you had better watch what you say are places such as North Korea and Iran.

In America, under the guise of free speech, the jihadist is allowed to call for the destruction of America. The UFO-cultist is allowed to call for mass-suicide. In America you are allowed to publish books on the manufacturing of everything from heroin to explosives.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I can't even velieve I am readin this B.S. You and everyone else knows that we have to go through a "Libel" phase before just dismantleing a democracy (or Monarchy really).............we are clearly in the dismantleing phase of free speech right now. This is very clear and the internet is innudated with people getting arrested, beaten, tazed and dragged out of courtrooms and lectures for speaking their mind or even asking questions.

Again, since the Internet, more people than ever before are saying whatever they want. The existence of this website (ATS) itself is evidence of this.

How many ATS-members have been tazed and beaten for posting their opinions here? If that number is less than 0,1%, how can you say we are "dismantling free speech" right now?

"Free speech" has even gone so far that every idiot is allowed to voice hate-speech and calls for murder and destruction 24/7.

You may not be a disinfo agent (I don't know) but you are clearly misinformed about reality

Coming from someone with your views, thats a compliment.

and would rather take the words of the MSM or any other lackey that would tell you anything different.

MSM? Me? Ive given up on that years ago because much of it is the same hype as "alternative" press.

A big majority of our police forces don't even know what our true rights are

And then you go on to insult millions of your fellow humans who happen to work for the police.

I can guarantee that the same elites I spoke of are working hard to remove your right to speak and mine.

The exact opposite is true, as evidenced by this website for example. Where is your evidence?

Here is a link that clearly shows someone in the states getting tasered just for asking a question to John Kerry at a lecture.

One incident in which security was overzealous in their protection of a presidential canditate means your rights to freedom of speech are removed?

Just to get you started here is a link to a google page of a crapload of llinks on being arrested JUST FOR SPEAKING (since you didn`t want to do it before responding)

Just for speaking? Or for having malicious intent?

The only places you had better watch what you say are places such as North Korea and Iran.

In America, under the guise of free speech, the jihadist is allowed to call for the destruction of America. The UFO-cultist is allowed to call for mass-suicide. In America you are allowed to publish books on the manufacturing of everything from heroin to explosives.

(I'll keep this short and brief)
This free internet you speak of, again, CURRENTLY, it is still free? The police incident above IS NOT INCIDENTAL, it's happening all over the states. That was not the only case. Back to the free speech explosion of internet....they are in the process of trying to take it from us right now.
(I would say this guy has alot of weight in political decisions, he is a Rockefeller, after all)

I won't even respond to the rest because all you'll do is just hose it down with invalidated doubt, minimize what anyone says because you come off as a real "know it all" and confirm what YOU say with nothing but your own words. You don't offer proof, or even a shred of evidence, only your words. This is just an overused typical skeptical tactic. With all of the freedoms we still have left, it doesn't take a brainiac to look around and see that we are losing them quickly, only right now, they aren't so much "removing" our freedoms as they are "injecting" themselves into every facet of our lives, hence, Bushs' illegal wiretapping scandal, the Patriot Act 1 and 2 being derivations of the Victory Act, the list goes on, these are just the most pronounced, there are new FEMA laws that greatly decrease our freedoms upon any kind of disaster or even a created idea of a disaster such as the neverending terrorist scare. What good are freedoms if they are just ignored anyway? As we have noticed, they always get away with it too. As I will restate (as you didn't seem to notice them in my last post) we still have our freedoms legally, but many corrupt politicians and cops are overlooking them and the trend is growing and is not minimizing. These are not isolated events above, they are examples. Certainly you don't want me to fill this forum up with every piece of evidence to support my claim as I will be here a few days and this forum will be seemingly endless. They are swiftly dismantling our freedoms as we speak, but for now it is good enough to just ignore what is there and try not to get caught. Not finished, but certainly well on the way. The, still currently free, internet can verify my statements...................can it verify yours? I look around and see a tumultuous future for us and our kids in a war of terror that will never end. Everyone is terrified and making irrational decisions, including our government, our economy if going to collapse (despite the small peak at the moment) can you really be suggesting to me that our country is still the free country it once was despite all of the news and the internet and broke homeless people in the states? I know what you're going to say, this has nothing to do wit free speech......yet, it does...there will be a total restructuring of the internet, the country's police and the legal and monetary system and we will (AS ALWAYS HAPPENS) have to give up more of our freedoms for our security....just as happened with the Patriot Act 1 and 2. You see, all they have to do to pass a new law or remove a current one is to just associate it with terrorism or cyber-terrorism and as we just saw yesterday a new outbreak of a "homegrown" terrorism problem. Now what do you think they are bringing THAT to our attention for? Could it be a new way to remove more freedoms from us be cause now "WE THE PEOPLE" are going to be considered potential terrorists no matter what we do? For a moderator here, you certainly don't seem to be denying ignorance , you seem to be embracing it.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Imagine movies such as Pulp Fiction being shown in the 1950s. Impossible.

Now look around you at ATS. Compare the freedom of speech to that of the 1970s.

The exact opposite of what you and thousands of other "conspiracy theorists" are saying is happening.

But dont worry. You`re in the majority with your opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Geladinhu

Because I care about truth I am now an absolutist?

No, lets quit stereotyping each other

All Im saying is that relativism can be abused and exaggerated to distort facts.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Skyfloating]

This is my first post on ATS. Interesting quote from you. I agree with you about 'stereotyping'. As a Fundamentalist Christian, I know so well the dangers of 'stereotyping', both as one accused of 'stereotyping', and also as one who is 'stereotyped'. [You even mentioned your abhorrence for Fundamentalist Christians in an earlier post]. 'Worldview' perspective does matter -- and all humans ascribe to a worldview. It is interesting to observe the multitude of worldviews in the posts in this forum. Sky, you have a worldview which forms the foundation for your observances, I have a worldview which structures my thought patterns and pre-conceived biases, and so do all humans. We cannot escape that. It is essential that we all become aware of our own biases as we create a rationale for our 'world as we experience it'. CT's [and I am one] come to this site for the myriad of reasons you have presented. Needs are served, and somewhere within this cauldron of viewpoints and information hopefully truth is gleaned.

You have done an excellent job in pointing out the dangers of bias -- and also I thank you, because you have elicited a quality of response in this forum which is the type of discussion I wish we could find on all the forums. Thank you each and every responder, because all of you have introduced me to ATS in a most positive manner.

Blessings to all of you --

[edit on 1-8-2009 by theophilus77]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by theophilus77]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The paradox of authoritarian anti-authoritarians

One of the paradoxes of the darker-sort of "conspiracy-theorist" is how authoritiarian and elitist he is in his anti-elitist and anti-authoritiarian stance.

Totalitarian dictators regard the masses as "sheeple", as uninformed idiots. So do many extreme-conspiracy-theorists.

Totalitarian dictators regard any disagreement with them as "disinformation", as an attack. So do many extreme-conspiracy-theorists.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Rockefeller: Internet is “Number One National Hazard”

www.infowars.com...

“It really almost makes you ask the question would it have been better if we had never invented the internet,” Rockefeller mused

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

www.infowars.com...

“It really almost makes you ask the question would it have been better if we had never invented the internet,” Rockefeller mused

Taking some quote out of context is hardly going to take the internet down. The internet has grown beyond the capability to be taken down without mass-riots.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Alex Jones site loves taking 0.1% of reality and magnifying it to look as if it represents 99% of reality.

Not only is this an insult to intelligence but, ultimately, criminally insane. And thats what they call "conspiracy theory".

The only conspiracy I see here is the conspiracy to distort reality beyond recgonition.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

www.infowars.com...

The exact opposite is true?

Come on now...let's not be naive...

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Jezus]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Since 200 years supposed "conspiracy theorists" have been warning about our freedoms being taken away, first and foremost our "freedom of speech". They will quote what some supposed elitist said and then predict that the end is nigh. Since 200 years our freedom of speech has been growing and growing and growing.

The longer you read conspiracy-theories the more you will learn to take many of them with a grain of salt.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There is, in fact... a dark side to conspiracy. Easy to twist, easy to spot, easy to flame and keep alive... People do get a bit carried away, I think. They are known to cause paranoia, even,(TMATSS) and shift entire points of view from bare to no evidence. Conspiracy theory is much like a cyclone.

HOWEVER.... it is healthy, in my oppinion, to be skeptical and open minded. Even to the best "conspiracy theories".

Objectivity and proper investigation for the win!

-Ze' Jesta

Oh! TMATSS= Too Much A T S Syndrom!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Um, consider the source? InfoWars.com. Not exactly what I would call objective reporting as Alex Jones is actively and obviously seeking to make money off his claims. Sort of like the seed commercial he did for some such company on C2C. Then there's books, movies, adsense *internet advertising in general*, advertising when he did his TV stuff, etc etc etc. I would imagine when he does speeches he gets paid for those as well, handsomely I would imagine.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Not exactly what I would call objective reporting as Alex Jones is actively and obviously seeking to make money off his claims.

Just like every other "news" source.

The point stands.

Our freedom of speech has increased because of technology...

The PTB have worked against it because the free passage of thought is dangerous to a system that operates off of information control and manipulation...

I know I don't have to explain what Infowars means...

If you really want to deny ignorance shouldn't your enemies be those who thrive of it?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is got to be one of the best posts I've read in a long time.

I like the concise way of putting the much needed mirror in front of people.
I am sure many - including many here - won't like it; but I also happen to think the SEED of what you said might linger in their minds.

I believe many of the conspiracy theory ardent fans have, to put it very simply, too much time on their hands. Couple that with the easy accessibility of the internet - and you've got the recipe for "free thought" gone awry.

That's why I believe that dealing with the "real" world as much as you can, emotionally as well as physically, is still - and always will be - a good idea.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Yet you cite infowars as credible. Not I. I am no fool in that I know most if not all media outlets be it alternative or otherwise are simply feeding off niches otherwords purely in it for the cash. Alex Jone's niche is the paranoid people who think the government is out to get them. And he fits right in.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by Jezus

Yet you cite infowars as credible. Not I. I am no fool in that I know most if not all media outlets be it alternative or otherwise are simply feeding off niches otherwords purely in it for the cash. Alex Jone's niche is the paranoid people who think the government is out to get them. And he fits right in.

A Liar telling the truth doesn't make the truth a lie.

Most people are suffering from Stockholm's Syndrome in regards to their main stream media captives...

I guess their niche is ignorant, naive, apathetic, lazy , and gullible people...

To pretend that some sources can be trusted mindlessly while others dismissed without hesitation is a disturbing trend of thought....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Ah but you assume it's truth. Because he told you. But yet you say he is a liar.
And the slogan to make yourself feel superior to others I am sure is telling psychologically too.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I assume nothing.

Debate on sources is semantics and rhetoric, a waste of time.

The message is what should be analyzed.

Again, to pretend that some sources can be trusted mindlessly while others dismissed without hesitation is a disturbing trend of thought....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Actually, no. Dead wrong. The source must always be taken into account. I am shocked you think otherwise. All factures must be considered to make an informed choice. Including source.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join