It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Web Posts Traced to Homeland Security

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Racist Web Posts Traced to Homeland Security

www.nytimes.com

After federal border agents detained several Mexican immigrants in western New York in June, an article about the incident in a local newspaper drew an onslaught of vitriolic postings on its Web site.

Most of the posts were made anonymously. But in reviewing the logs of its Internet server, the paper, The Wayne County Star in Wolcott, traced three of them to Internet protocol addresses at the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees border protection.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.infowars.com

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well, clearly there is a reason DHS was the source of several of these anonymous postings to the website.

Either there are DHS employees using State computers to post anonymous, offensive posts--which certainly has to be against DHS policy.

Or, DHS agents are creating such posts as a part of an assignment/mission.

But, why? What mission/assignment could they possibly be working on?

The newspaper removed the posts. It also reported that it had discovered others, dating to last year, that appeared to have come from computers affiliated with Homeland Security.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
VERY valid post.

To sow discord? That would seem the logical if simplest explanation.

Does it seem a bit odd that DHS could be so easily tracked though?My opinion is yes.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

Does it seem a bit odd that DHS could be so easily tracked though?My opinion is yes.

I hadn't even thought of that perspective of this. You are absolutely spot-on...why is the DHS IP so detectable and traceable.

I would have assumed a tad more secrecy in their efforts.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

Wonder what this is about. An operation to cause disarray or an out right racist group within the HS community? Either way, they used the HS computer system to post these and it has been going on a while. I wonder how many other sites are infected with these postings trying to cause problems for sites that basically disagree with our resident Kenyan?

Zindo

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Divide and conquer.

I am so not surprised at this. They are making it OK (again) to hate based on external manifestation.

[sigh] I'm glad they were spotted.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I really think we should have a permanent site titled "More SH## the administration did today".

Seriously, my shock level must be low (either that or the meds are kicking in) because I am no longer shocked, surprised, disgusted by what they do.

Ok, maybe a little disgusted.

Arrogance,

“...the image of the Lord had been replaced by a mirror.”
Bendavison Jorge Luis Borges

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Do the recent DHS postings have anything to do with the pending "hate crime" legislation?

Just came to me...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason
Do the recent DHS postings have anything to do with the pending "hate crime" legislation?

Just came to me...

Of course. They need a "problem" so as to cause a reaction for which they have the "solution."

I think you hit the nail on the head!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The newspaper removed the posts. It also reported that it had discovered others, dating to last year, that appeared to have come from computers affiliated with Homeland Security.

So it's not just a single or a couple of occurences.
It was a trend, so most likely a mission.

and computers affiliated with Homeland Security suggest computers from multiple locations, not just users. Could be different office buildings, that suggests something.

And i'm sure these postes spoke of mexicans during the swine flu.
imo, might say something about the swine flu itself maybe.

Anyhow, these posters are posting hate messages concerning illegal immigration, doesn't that put them in DHS's terror list?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I must admit, they are getting sloppy. Did anyone have to watch the end of obama's healthcare press conference more than once to pick up a weird vibe? You spend a whole hour talking about healthcare but make room at the end for a single question. This question isn't spontaneously asked and obviously was being accomodated for.

What are the odds that the only question allowed to be asked might contain something that would overshadow the entire press conference the following day? Why were they each so nervous when setting up the Q and A? Even they themselves must be starting to realize that their attempts to perpetuate the victim mentality in every group of people imagineable is starting to get old and obvious.

The white fire fighters in conneticut (which were conviently "victimized" by a judge that is subsequently nominated for the supreme court to give the incidence national attention), the black professor being arrested (which is dubiously given national spotlight by being edged in at the end of a press conference), the border agents and hispanics (multiple cases, this latest one of course set-up to be "uncovered by responsible journalists"), the manufactured tension between this religion and that religion.

We get it, you want to divide the country/world to protest that everyone else isn't as cool, rich, powerful, and demonic worshipping as you are.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wonder what knowledge Napolitano and her boss, Obama, have of this operation to foster divisive and racist views originating from within the DHS? This definitely deserves a Congressional hearing, don't you think?

[edit on 7/25/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I go with the simplest and less fluffed up answer. Certain individuals are misusing government stuff to post their personal views annonymously. Anything else is a leap.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
DHS does use non listed ip's similar to other gov orgs. In plain English, they are simply not listed anywhere apart from high departmental documents. So my guess was this had other intentions, probably a sting to weed out several other posters. Its an old but effective method.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hmmm... does The Wayne County Star in Wolcott, NY routinely track the IP's of people that respond to articles?

Why would they?

Something smells fishy to me...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOFreemason

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

I hadn't even thought of that perspective of this. You are absolutely spot-on...why is the DHS IP so detectable and traceable.

I would have assumed a tad more secrecy in their efforts.

In IP protocols when you setup a connection the IP address is
logged much as it is when you connect to ATS.

It has to know the return IP address to send you the data from the site.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Hmmm... does The Wayne County Star in Wolcott, NY routinely track the IP's of people that respond to articles?

Why would they?

Something smells fishy to me...

Like I said in my prior post it is part of the IP protocol.

It has to know the distant IP address to send you any data.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
In reading most comment sections, from any political website, it is easy to pick out the NARC comments.

I was just watching the Spitzer/MSN video about how the FED is a big ponzi scheme run by a small group of thugs -

One of the comments, "Mike", commented: "Is this newsworthy?"

Really!?? Mike doesn't think a NON-government agency bankrupting America is NOT newsworthy?

Mike, is obviously working for the government and or bank... which is basically the same at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well you can spoof any ip and mac address and thats the regular stuff many ppl do, its when you gain access to foreign terminals is when it becomes interesting.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I think it was just some racist homeland security people. They just happened to be childish little idiots and posting from their work computers probably.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join