It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starting a UFO Investigation Team

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone around the west midlands, especially around Worcester and Worcestershire was interested in starting a UFO Group, getting some camera equipment together and heading out into the night trying to film some of the ever growing UFO sightings, i know a few places where UFO's are a hotspot and is wondering if anyone was interested in joining.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OH if only you were in upstate ny.

I can't seem to find enough people who feel they wouldnt be wasting their time to do something like this with me.

Though if you would ever be interested in exchanging pictures/videos I would be very interested!

-GH

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
mmm... why not instead, get some kindof user cam system going. where people at home can point webcams to the sky and all the cams can be funneled thru a site

would be awesome

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I would love to do it.. It's just that I live really far

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm interested, although won't be able to assist until September when I make my move to Birmingham for uni!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

Yeh that would be good, im not sure how it would be set up though.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Im about 40/50 miles from you.This is something I really wanna do as well.

Let me know what ya think.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

Cool, there are two ats members from worcestershire, i sent them a u2u. Im looking at camcorders on amazon, i have one already but its old and cant be plugged into a computer. If we get a good team together it would be awesome.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I met a guy who is an investigator for a midlands based UFO group.

I have his card at home, I'll dig it out if this link isn't the right one... bufog

So, it might be easier to "join" this team, instead of starting your own one

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I checked out the blog. Im not into the whole lecture meeting thing they have going, im looking or trying to set up a group of about 5 people, out there in the wilds at night, camcorders at hand. : )

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Unfortunately it's £12 annually to be a member, I'm not really a fan of these so called groups who charge a membership fee in discovering the truth, I'm more fond of the free open-source search for truth

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Agreed, you cant put a price on the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Put me down on the list Haydn. I'm up here in sunny Stoke on Trent, so it's not that far to you, if I make it once monthly I hope that's ok? Plus I will invite you to some places in the Peak District I've seen the ufo orbs on a regular basis.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
you should get this, in instead of some plain old video equipment... It is comparable to generation 3 night vision for a quarter of the price you can also hook it up to a telescope just make sure you get a tripod.

i gen night vision

here is a thread were some ufo hunters use the Igen:

ATS THREAD

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Unfortunately it's £12 annually to be a member, I'm not really a fan of these so called groups who charge a membership fee in discovering the truth, I'm more fond of the free open-source search for truth
And all respect to you for that!

To be honest, I forgot there was a charge to subscribe. He did drop a few hints to see if I was interested in paying. But like you, I think information should be free. It's a right, not a privillage IMO. Good luck with your quest, the more people out there with cameras actually looking, the better. (see if you can get hold of some infrared equipment, might speed up the results)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

How many times a month are you thinking about doing this?

I could potentially make once a week and I also can chip in with the equipment.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Alienmindflare]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Im near Buxton which puts me at the extreme top end of the Midlands, however anything that occurs down there might come this way sometime, so re-advanced notifications would be useful
Im always up for UK Goups anyway, not many left around anymore.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
mmm... why not instead, get some kindof user cam system going. where people at home can point webcams to the sky and all the cams can be funneled thru a site

would be awesome

Nice thought....however, webcams don't have a high enough resolution or focal length to make them effective for this application. The low-light capabilities are very poor. Using a digital vidcam with a USB uplink would be more effective. Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey guys, first of all i dont have enough money for all the fancy night vision equipment, im a 17yr old college student. Equipment wise i have 1 camcorder (will require dazzle to upload) , and 2 digital cameras, i have 200 for a new camcorder, locations - Malvern hills is great, out of the city light and looks over all of worcestershire, its a ufo hotspot, send me a u2u if you want to go a huntin : )

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join