It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Marshall Davis ever heard of him?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm surprised that I haven't heard about this before but here you go www.freerepublic.com... where is the msm on this never heard about it till I did a search,it's been kept pretty quite until now.If there is already a thread sorry just trying to get some answers cause this guy(obabama) smells like rotten fish.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Good job!
Just read your post on the other thread, of course get ready to be labeled a "birther" and a racist!

S&F

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Yeah I know but it's a small price to pay to deny ignorance.lol.have you ever heard this before?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Never. But with this administrations history of misdirection, it makes more sense than anything else. I mean, why not keep the talk up about WHERE he was born vs the smaller details of his birth record? Who was the father? Did they list religion?
This article appears to be less likely on a conspiracy website, only because it makes sense. And since the MSM hasn't touched this aspect of the story (as far as we know) then I would lean to this being more accurate than anything else out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Evidence presented: erm... none?
The MSM don't run stories on Obama being a dalek disguised with a holographic field either.
They didn't even run stories on bush being a reptilian, and there was better evidence for that (Compression artifacts vs None whatsoever)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

of course there's no proof if there was it wouldn't be a conspiracy.But the conspiracy here is to keep info like this out of the public eye.Did you ever hear this before.and by the way can you provide proof he's not?Here's some more conjecture. astuteblogger.blogspot.com... and more www.classicalvalues.com... and more www.dailypaul.com... I don't know about proof but I would like to see it debunked at least so we can move on.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yep, I've heard of him before. It is possible that this fella is Obama's biological father and not the fella from Kenya that abandoned Obama and his mother (and had multiple wives at the same time).

Instead of 'All My Children', the soap should be 'The Obama Family'.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Who demanded proof?
Proof only exists in mathematics anyway.
But a tiny shred of evidence perhaps? He can't be a dalek in disguise, because we all know that the daleks cant build voice syntehsizers.

There is more evidence for him not being a dalek (see above) and for bush being a reptilian (just take a look at youtube) than was presented in that piece you linked to.

Nothing
Nada
Zilch

Just "Hey, what if his father wasnt really his father wouldnt that be just soooo cool?"
Not to mention that if there was anything to it he would be the kid of 2 americans, and not just one. (hint: you gotta say his mum isn't his mum to further your cause)

Edit to add: as for debunking it: what? there is nothing to debunk there. To falsify a statement you need more than some guy saying "it could be" Dolphins are the 2nd most intelligent species on earth, the most intelligent is mice. Debunk that! (I can point you to a book that says that, so there is *again* more evidence for that)

[edit on 25-7-2009 by debunky]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Alright I get your point, please try to get mine it isn't that FMD is obama's father its that I never even heard this scenario.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Trying to. Not certain i do.

There are propably a gazillion of szenrios you haven't heard about. Can't really give each of those 1 minute on TV. Gotta sort them at least a little bit by evidence provided. And conceivings are usually notoriously low on witnesses

I mean i don't really expect the story of Obama not being a Dalek hit the headlines anytime soon, though I thoroughly debunked that one!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Frank Marshall Davis is the "Frank" that Obama writes so lovingly of in Dreams from my Father ... Obama saw this man as sort of a mentor. For the uninformed, Frank Marshall Davis was a big time Communist Party USA member. Obama even writes later in the book that when at Columbia he preferred the company of Marxists, Communists and the like.

Things do not bode well for us.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Obama saw this man as sort of a mentor. For the uninformed, Frank Marshall Davis was a big time Communist Party USA member.
[edit on 25-7-2009 by ChrisF231]

Wrong. Davis was not a big time CPUSA member, nor was he Obama's mentor. He was a closet member of the CPUSA, and there is no evidence that Obama even knew of his CPUSA membership during WWII.

Although Obama's book indicates "Frank" was a family friend who offered him advice on racial issues, Obama wrote that Davis "fell short" and his views were "incurable." Obama did not even visit Davis for three years before going to college. Obama's book, itself, proves that Obama did not consider Davis to be a "wise and trusted counselor," which is the definition of "mentor." By what creative definition can Davis be considered his "mentor"?

By exaggerating evidence that Davis advised Obama, yet ignoring evidence from the same source that Obama did NOT Frank to be a wise and trusted advisor, those who claim Davis was Obama's "mentor" are as dishonest as ex-D.A. Mike Nifong. The "Nifong Syndrome" is the stacking of evidence by ignoring evidence that does not fit one's agenda.

A disinformation campaign, spearheaded by Cliff Kincaid's "Accuracy In Media" and supported by the linked Free Republic, consisted of a series of small lies fabricated to support the big lie that "His values, passed on to Obama, were those of a communist agent who pledged allegiance to Stalin" (see www.aim.org...). A painstakingly documented analysis of Kincaid's falsehoods is posted as "specific misrepresentation" at my.barackobama.com... I invite any person of integrity to refute my evidence against his body of lies. If he had authentic evidence of Davis's radical influence, he would not need to fabricate such evidence.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
For the uninformed, and for those who delight in conspiracy theories (what? here?), the disinformation campaign run by right-wing pundits against the Obama-Davis relationship has all the earmarks of a classic disinformation campaign.

As a retired Air Force Intelligence Officer with specific training in Deception Analysis by the C.I.A. in 1989, I am researching political disinformation. My security access was indeed Above Top Secret, as I had intelligence SCI (SI/TK/G) and operations Special Access Program access.

I am familiar with disinformation campaigns, starting with Operation Fortitude protecting the D-Day invasion, through Operation Left Hook protecting the coalition drive into Kuwait, and deconstructing “deliberate misrepresentation” of the Iraqi threat this century.

Consider the Iraqi threat in 2002. Does anyone deny that the Bush administration deliberately misrepresented the Iraqi threat to garner support for the invasion? Now THAT was a disinformation campaign!
Most Americans, unlike most foreigners, believed without question that Iraq was working with Al Qaeda, and believed without question that Iraq had stockpiles of WMD. They believed these due to deception ("deliberate misrepresentation") by the Bush administration. Any disagreement?

The same disinformation technique, albeit on a smaller scale, was used by right-wing opponents of Barack Obama. Through innuendo, half-truths and outright fabrication, Obama’s opponents have deliberately misrepresented a casual family friendship as sordid political indoctrination sessions or worse. In their fervor to malign Obama, they sought to transform the legacy of a relatively obscure leftist poet into a “Stalinist agent” who corrupted Obama’s values. Slander and libel were their tools of the trade, because truth was no obstacle. Destroying Davis’s reputation was collateral damage.

Although “I'm hardly interested in proving my research to Kincaid or any of those whose work is a travesty to scholarship," University of Kansas Professor Edgar Tidwell, whom AIM's Cliff Kincaid cites as "an expert on the life and writings of Davis," dismisses misrepresentation of Davis's influence in one simple paragraph:

"Although my research indicates that Davis joined the CPUSA as a "closet member" during World War II, there is no evidence that he was a Stalinist, or even a Party member before WWII. Further, to those attempting to make the specious stand for the concrete, there is no evidence that he instructed Barack Obama in communist ideology. Frank Marshall Davis did NOT believe in overthrowing the USA. He was committed to what the nation professed to be. For him, communism was primarily an intellectual vehicle to achieve a political end-a possible tool for gaining the constitutional freedoms of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for ALL Americans" (see my.barackobama.com... ).

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
For detailed analysis of just one element of AIM's disinformation campaign against Davis, please read this post: 1949 Honolulu NAACP Incident. It reveals how AIM misrepresented the Congressional testimony of NAACP rookie, Edward Berman, in four different posts DESPITE posting transcripts of Berman's actual testimony.

For a comprehensive analysis of AIM's disinformation campaign, please review "specific misrepresentation" at my "Redbaiting Barack Obama" post.

Conspiracy theorists may be somewhat disappointed because this particular conspiracy requires no speculation or investigation. The deception is obvious to anyone who reads the cited open source material. If you find any fault in my analysis, please advise. Thanks!

top topics

join