It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-gay, pro-abstinence legislator had affair with intern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

A Republican state senator from Tennessee–who is married and the father of two– has admitted to police that he had sex with a 22 year old intern after her boyfriend allegedly demanded money from the legislator to not make public a video of the legislator and intern having sex.

State Sen. Paul Stanley only recently sponsored legislation designed to prohibit gay couples in his home state from ever adopting children. He has also opposed family planning services, explaining that his “faith and church” require him to “promote abstinence.” And Stanley has run as a “pro-family” candidate in his campaigns for the Tennessee State Senate.

You know what? I could care less what anyone does in the bedroom with two or more willing participants. It is simply none of my business.
But when some yahoo that has the power to affect my life with their vote; I don't think it's to much to ask that they at least adhere to the lifestyle they promote.

But here we go again, GOP, family values, pro family, Church going legislator caught with his pants down.

He should have a red "H" for hypocrite tattooed on his forehead.

Great, now once again we will have to endure some crying, contrite politician giving a press conference telling us how sorry he is for letting his constituents down.

I hope his wife beats the livin **** outa him then divorces his *** and takes him for everything he owns plus huge child support.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Over the years I've found that the ones that scream the most about family values and are the loudest about being anti-gay ... those are the ones that seem to eventually get caught ... um ... with their pants down.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is why the GOP keeps losing. It is filled with nothing but hypocrites.

At least with Pelosi, you know she is evil and will take all freedoms from you as soon as she can. Same with most democrats. But the republicans dress themselves up as outstanding paragons of virtue and do this.

Makes me glad I left the republican party last year.

-pathetic-

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Over the years I've found that the ones that scream the most about family values and are the loudest about being anti-gay ... those are the ones that seem to eventually get caught ... um ... with their pants down.

Heh, I was gonna say something similar. The more obsessed one is with particulars of how another lives their life, the more likely it is they're guilty of living the life of "sin" they publicly disparage. Or, perhaps it's more accurate to say that there will more likely be hypocrisy.

The concerns are not out of compassion for others but out of self loathing brought about by the inability of one to control their own base impulses. The obsession with having countless laws to control behavior are actually desired as a substitute for lack of self contol.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What does being anti-special rights for gays have to do with anything?

He had an affair with a female intern....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I know that both parties are guilty of sexual indiscretions; and who could ever forget "slick willie"; but for some reason the the party of "family values" and the Religious Rights chosen party, get caught up in scandals an inordinate amount of the time.

What's up with that? Do they just get caught more or...........
I'll leave it up to those with sick minds to decide.

www.salem-news.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think that very rarely people in power position really do what they demand others to do. Still,even though probably he is not crystal-clear "pro-family" dude, at least he had the guts to go to police despite the hit he was surely about to take. At least he has some principles (or just found it too hard to part with the money ) and for politicians it is an achievment.
p.s. I still do not get what his position considering gay couples growing up kids has to do with his affair.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
HYPOCRISY!

Goodness it's not like we're asking them to be SAINTS, for crying out loud. JUST PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

If you don't want to abstain, DON'T PREACH ABOUT ABSTINENCE!

Republicans are really quite disgusting.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

This is why the GOP keeps losing. It is filled with nothing but hypocrites.

And the Democrats are paragons of human virtue?

I think all humans are prone to human frailty.

That is certainly no cause to abandon one's ideals or to advocate lower moral standards.

The hypocrites are those who seek to make political hay of the moral failures of others, regardless of political party.

[edit on 2009/7/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
So the family values party strikes again. I knew before I even read the story that it would be a Republican.

You'd think their Christian followers would be furious with the betrayal and lies from the party, but they continue to idolize this party and vote for them. The democrats and republicans are BOTH out to steal your money and your freedom. Wake up sheeple before it's to late.

S&F for you Op.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

This is actually seen as a coping mechanism in Psychology.. Basically the person is so extremely opposed to a certain subject (Homosexuallity, abortions, or in this case, sex out of wedlock..)
to feel better about doing something that they feel is wrong, or having desires to do something that see as immoral.

new topics

top topics

join