It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THOUGHTs ABOUT THE RECENT TAKE BACK ATS SPEECH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I agree with some point while i disagree with other parts. I feel this will scare ppl and make them less likely to disagree with the mods even if it is approprate at the time.

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by Quicksilver]

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I mostly just view these forumns and have done so for i guess.. the last 2 years maybe? I enjoy viewing them because of the different opinions, and some would say that some of the opinions are even outrageous and "ridiculous". How are you going to fairly decide what is ridiculous and not when you have strong opinions of your own? Also, you were talking about removing ridiculous posts such as emoticons or small gestures of agreement/disagreement. these small gestures make this board more inviting and perhaps more personable. sure, i understand deleting just what is flat out ridiculous such as a crude remark ( whichcrosses the line). But an opposing remark in itself lets others see that this is a place of many different opinions. If people do not realize this the different, and interesting, thought provoking ideas are likely to not be posted in fear of being thrown out as ridiculous or stupid or not worthy of being posted, making this forumn something awfully boring and one-sided and just plain. take action to stop general all the time bad attitude and slander but dont let this get out of hand or you will lose the ideas and opinions of many.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
-sigh-

Read the post again... I don't know how much more clear we can be that we are referring to insults and abuse... not disagreements of opinion.

-shaking head-

join