It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: If Israel attacks us, we'll target its nuclear facilities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertdreamer
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Israel has already attacked Iran's nuclear facilities before, but with conventional weapons (Osirak reactor in 1981).

Just a small question... wasn't the Osirak reactor in Iraq?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

All Israel can do is bomb Iran from the air with missled. Israel can not invade Iran.

I assume you meant to say missiles. I do not believe that Israels plan is to invade anyone, but to pound them with their superior Air Force and weaponry.

I also saw that you said that Israel cannot effect a regime change.....once again, I do not believe that is what Israel is trying to do anyway. Israels Air Force, tank divisions, and seasoned soldiers are it's best asset. I do not believe that the soldiers are capable of a large scale invasion either, but their Air Force is more than capable of delivering a crippling blow to Iran.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Israel is not going to attack Iran. It's just a lot of posturing and bluffing to keep tensions high

I would not make such a statement, that is what everyone thought when they bombed Iran in 81'.

You mean when they bombed Iraq in 81 right?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Here is a link, and it looks like I was 1 off with the year....looks like it was in 1980.

Reactor

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Man....you can tell I am not awake yet....yes, that is what I meant. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Here is a link, and it looks like I was 1 off with the year....looks like it was in 1980.

Reactor

No it looks like you read that link wrong. It says:

"Osirak, also spelled Osiraq, (French: Osirak; Iraqi: Tammuz 1, اوسيراك), was a 40 MW light-water nuclear materials testing reactor (MTR) in Iraq. It was constructed by the Iraqi government at the Al Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Center, 18 km (11 miles) south-east of Baghdad in 1977. It was damaged by an Iranian air strike in 1980 during the Iran–Iraq War, then crippled by Israeli aircraft in 1981 in a surprise attack code-named Operation Opera, to prevent the regime of Saddam Hussein from using the reactor for the creation of nuclear weapons."

The reactor was in Iraq. Iran attacked it in 1980, and then Israel attacked it in 81, but it was always located in Iraq, not Iran.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
We could all save ourselves a lot of time and effort if we just stopped creating topics which have Jpost as the source of the news.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

While Israel has an airforce leaps and bounds ahead of Iran.Irans anti-aircraft capabilities are quite good and very large,many of them are dated by todays standards but electronics have been upgraded.Plus i think China has already sold s-300 to Iran,thats just speculation though.In any case i don't think it would be a simple case of the Israeli airforce pounding Iran without an all out retaliation that would hurt them severely both at home and in the skies.Blah,i wish i was living in the generation where dark age acts such as war didn't exist.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Man....you can tell I am not awake yet....yes, that is what I meant. Thanks!

haha, no worries mate. But yeah it's definitely a messy complicated situation that's for sure. There are just so many factors to take into account. Sheesh, it certainly was easier back in the old days when the worst weapons you had to worry about were perhaps siege weapons such as catapults or battering rams.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
We don't have to send our troops to die for a 2000 year old feud that will never end until both sides wipe each other off the face of the Earth

Don't you ever wonder WHO is actually fighting? Obviously, unless someone mastered immortality *cough*, nobody is 2000 years old.

It's just a ghost. People are keeping an evil ghost alive. It's a collective consciousness that only exists in thoughts from many people's minds. They are all possessed in my opinion.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Okay, I am officially going to try and wakeup now......you are correct, I actually read his question wrong. Sorry for all the confusion! I am actually at work right now, guess I just need to slow down a bit this morning, I just hit the ground running! LOL

Once again, I apologize. Thanks for catching it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
We could all save ourselves a lot of time and effort if we just stopped creating topics which have Jpost as the source of the news.

Well considering it's the headline story right now at cnn.com, I would say Jpost may of kinda possibly got it right with this one.

Revolutionary Guard leader: We can hit Israel's nuclear facilities

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yes it is complicated, we will just have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

That is actually where I read the story as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Always comes across to me like two children fighting. You know, when the little brother keeps putting his finger near his other brother's face, not quite touching it, and it bothers the other brother more that he won't touch it than if he did. Or 'you hit me and I'll hit you back harder'. This world needs to grow up.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Iranian and Isralei rivalry is no where near 2000 years old. It doesn't even stretch the whole time of the existence of the State OF Israel. These 2 are actually natural allies. The Arab nations such as Egupt and Saudi Arabia do not want to see a strong Iran and would also want to see the end of Israel. If it were not for this rhetoric and posturing and aphartied of the Palastinian people as well as Iranian supplemetation of such groups as Hezbollah, these two could form a strong unit.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
now my question for the refrigerator is? how likely is it that a strike on their [Israel] facilities will result in a meltdown? Do they have 4th generation reactors? subcritical?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

What do you mean by 4th generation? What difference would that make?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
now my question for the refrigerator is? how likely is it that a strike on their [Israel] facilities will result in a meltdown? Do they have 4th generation reactors? subcritical?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Foppezao]

Excellent point.

The lack of a nuclear meltdown and fallout further corroborated the idea that the Osirak facility was not even a live reactor or even capable of making nuclear weapons.

Dr. Richard Wilson, chair of Harvard's physics department, confirmed that it could never have produced a nuclear bomb.

Israel was wrong. But they got away with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That was IRAQ NOT IRAN. Israle has never bombed a nuke facility in Iran.

Reactor

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join