It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: If Israel attacks us, we'll target its nuclear facilities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Iran: If Israel attacks us, we'll target its nuclear facilities

www.jpost.com

Iran threatened Saturday to strike Israel's nuclear installations if it is attacked by the Jewish state, Reuters reported.

"If the Zionist Regime attacks Iran, we will surely strike its nuclear facilities with our missile capabilities," Revolutionary Guards commander-in-chief Mohammad Ali Jafari told Iran's Arabic language al-Alam TV station.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well I guess it kinda makes sense doesn't it? I mean an eye for an eye right? The only thing is, that the consequences of either side attacking the others nuclear facilities will be absolutely catastrophic!

The nuclear fallout that would travel down wind will cause thousands and thousands of civilian casualtys. If you think about it a hit on a nuclear facility in Israel would almost be the end of that nation because geographicaly she is tiny.

So does anyone actually believe Israel would be stupid enough to go through with an attack on Irans nuclear facilities, knowing the Iranian response?

If Israel does go through with it the world will never be the same again.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So, now that North Korea attacking the US is no longer considered news worthy, what say we stir up some NEW blind hysteria and rumour mongering and generate a few hundred "expert" posts with Iran and Israel and potential nuclear global holocaust.
It has after all been fairly uneventful here on ATS this last week since wacko Jacko's untimely exit from this world. And even HE is boring old news now !

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
sorry for reposting this somehwere else. I did search for revolutionary guard and nothing appeared!!

The mods will remove it!.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i think Israel will go through with their threats. Its a matter of time. There is a lot of MSM coverage of the verbal nonsense from both sides at the moment.

i think this is purely conditioning the people for what is to unfold very soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Israel is not going to attack Iran. It's just a lot of posturing and bluffing to keep tensions high.

There is a strong chance the United States will attack Iran. Most of the troops in Iraq are now standing down in bases. We continue to build up troops in Afghanistan as well.

Politically Israel and the United States can not and will not attack any nation in tandem as a coalition.

All Israel can do is bomb Iran from the air with missled. Israel can not invade Iran.

The United States of America can invade Iran!

Israel can not invade and Israel can not effect Regime Change from the air.

The United States of America has a far greater air warfare capability, naval capability and land offensive capability and has troops bordering Iran on two seperate borders and can effect Regime Change.

What Israel is doing with it's posturing and bluffing is just the same as the over exagerated reports in the Western Media regarding the recent Iranian Presidential Elections and that is keep Iran in the news, as a bad guy, so that a future incident can be sold to the American Public justifying military action and regime change in Iran...hey the Shah's son is standing by and there is a huge clandestine effort on the part of Western Intelligence agencies inside Iran to destabilize the regime, grow radical opposition cells, and to help create the propoganda both internally within Iran and externally aborad in the United States for regime change.

I wouldn't worry about anything going nuclear over there just our defecit and foreign debt over here.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So what the Americans need now is for a fabricated situation to occur, where a terrorist situation is manufactured, that totally points back to Iran's involvement, even though it was all set in place by US black op's or the like?

Trouble with that is I doubt the American public are going to so readily buy whatever their Govt. spins them anymore...

It's going to have to be something like a dirty bomb to shake things up to the necessary level, where the public would back another invasion like Iraq's, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I may catch a lot of flak for this, but I personally can't wait to see Israel get their - handed to them. Maybe not in this method, but...

How long can the other Middle East nations take all the whining and political nonsense that comes from the Israeli government? Just because the US steps in to help them at every bump in the road does not mean they can expect Big Brother to protect or assist them!

Here's an example... after decades upon decades of fighting and whatnot, the United Nations allow the Mexicans to claim Texas as their own; any Texan living there has to move out, or deal with Mexican occupation. After all, it was originally theirs anyway. This puts New Mexico, California, and Oklahoma on edge (not to mention the relocated Texans), creating new border clashes. "This land was ours, and is ours again!"

Perhaps I should have used North American Indians as an example. Oh well.

Anyway, same situation. The Jewish people were given territory that was not theirs; historically yes, but by conquest, no. It would only be natural for the people forced to flee to be angered... and to have the neighboring states stunned as well. Israel has been trying for nearly 60 years to exist as a nation, when by every right they shouldn't be.

Of course the Middle East doesn't like them. You wouldn't if you had this same thing happen to you. Just because the Jews had numerous atrocities handed / dealt to them does not justify their bullying of other nations. Two wrongs don't make a right.

How long before the US finally comes to this conclusion, or realize that enough is enough, that we can't step in all the time?

(I realize that this may have been a bit off topic, but man, I just get tired of hearing about how Israel is being threatened all the time when they do just as much evil).

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well, the plot thickens. Now Iran is threatening to obliterate Israel's nuclear facilities. They must know what the outcome of that will be? Israel will see no other alternative but to nuke the daylights out of Iran after said attack. Israel clearly doesn't have the conventional means to stage a long-term engagement with Iran. It is estimated that Israel has 70 to 400 nuclear warheads at it's disposal. Check the link below to see for yourself.

www.fas.org...

That is a lot of firepower to be amassed in the Middle East. Israel has nuclear weapons and will use them if their backs are against the wall from their neighbors. I can rationalize the Iranian response to a preemptive strike by Israel against their nuclear production facilities, but I hope level-headed minds win the day on this issue. If things get out of hand for Israel they will use nuclear weapons. Personally, I don't think Israel should attack Iran until it is absolutely confirmed that they have nukes and are willing to use them. However, I am not Israeli, so I can't really say why they feel it is justified to ramp up military pressure on Iran? As an example from history, Israel attacked Saddam Hussein's Osirek nuclear facility without support from the United States. So I wouldn't hold my breath with Israel attacking Iran.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Theres no doubt Israel would launch nukes if its sites were targeted by Iranianian missiles.In that scenario who knows what other countries may join the mayhem.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Theres no doubt Israel would launch nukes if its sites were targeted by Iranianian missiles.In that scenario who knows what other countries may join the mayhem.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Okay. Enough with the posturing. Just do it, eh? Get it over with. "Let God Sort It Out". lol. This miniscule planet in this great, wide universe has a problem. And the problem doesn't seem to want to go away. What in the great, wide universe keeps humans going on about all this? I really hope that something great will come from all this crap on Earth. Meanwhile, the possibilities escape my imagination. Maybe we are the center of the universe and must continue on?

Let's all blow up each others nuclear facilities. Sounds like fun, eh?

I have Israeli friends and they all proclaim, "yikes! We are surrounded by people who want to kill us" Heh. Yeah, you are, I say. Duh.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this.

Iran is saying they will attack Israel if Israel attacks them.

Well, duh

Of course they will.

The Israelis would be fools if they assumed otherwise.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
As Scott Ritter Says:

"So tell me, you want to go to war against Iran, pick your city. Pick your city. Tell me which one you want gone. Seattle? L.A.? Boston? New York? Miami? Pick one! Because at least one’s going..."

*Iran has a Fourth Generation BioChemical Warfare capability. This means they can kill everyone of a specific genetic lineage.

And when America or Israel Nukes Iran; the deployment of these weapons against American and Israeli targets will be justified as a legitimate retaliatory action.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Well, the plot thickens. Now Iran is threatening to obliterate Israel's nuclear facilities. They must know what the outcome of that will be? Israel will see no other alternative but to nuke the daylights out of Iran after said attack. Israel clearly doesn't have the conventional means to stage a long-term engagement with Iran. It is estimated that Israel has 70 to 400 nuclear warheads at it's disposal. Check the link below to see for yourself.

So why don't we just sit this one out? Let Iran and Israel nuke each other if that's what they want and we can go in and pick up the pieces. We don't have to send our troops to die for a 2000 year old feud that will never end until both sides wipe each other off the face of the Earth

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09

Actually, there is every doubt what Israel will do with it's nuclear arsenal and NO evidence that they will use this arsenal if attacked by Iranian missiles. Although not privvy to Israeli nuclear rules of engagement, I think we can safely assume that it is a "last resort" capacity or a tit of for tat - MAD - deterrent. A few missiles from Iran would not awaken the Isreali nukes.

The facts are that Israel is geogaphically distant from Iran (advise the use of an atlas to see this) and that any Israeli attack on Iran will be limited and dependent on the use of other nations airspace. Therefore, limited and unsustained.

Furthermore, Israel are not stupid and realise the political repercussions of an attack against Iran. Iran is the subject of involvement by the big boys (EU, US, Russia) and Israel will keep out.

In addition, recent events in Iran have demonstrated that Iran is not exactly the unified paradise they want us to believe. It is a waiting game. The question is what will Iran be like in ten years time. Let evolution happen.

Regards

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey
It's going to have to be something like a dirty bomb to shake things up to the necessary level, where the public would back another invasion like Iraq's, don't you think?

Yes if a nuke went off in one of our cities it won't matter who did it... the 'people' will want blood... and no matter how many say "We told you this was their next move" it won't matter

Remember that those people still believe we are at war with Iraq

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
sorry for reposting this somehwere else. I did search for revolutionary guard and nothing appeared!!

The mods will remove it!.

No problem mate... thanks for being so cool about it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by savetimerushonline

Israel has already attacked Iran's nuclear facilities before, but with conventional weapons (Osirak reactor in 1981). Things are much different now than they were then, and I do not believe that an attack would go unanswered. Most people don't like to think about it, but we are all hurtling towards a cataclysmic end to life as we all know it. We will just have to see what happens.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Israel is not going to attack Iran. It's just a lot of posturing and bluffing to keep tensions high

I would not make such a statement, that is what everyone thought when they bombed Iran in 81'. I do however believe that whatever happens over there, that the US will get dragged into it. We have become the worlds security force.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join