It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Strange Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
On July 23, 2009, A friend and I were fishing off of Head Island near Castle Island in Massachusetts. It was raining heavily, and was very windy. At approximately 12:15am we observed two individuals walking towards our area from the causeway leading from Castle Island. They stopped approximately 35-40 feet from us. Both appeared to be male, and were dressed exactly alike, wearing an Outback style jacket, a Stetson hat, and dark colored pants. Aside from the pants, this is not by any means the typical attire for this area, whatsoever. We could not make out there faces, due to the fact that the moon was obviously absent because of the weather. One was slightly taller than the other, I would guess in the area of 5'10" to 6'. The taller one appeared to be staring at us, while the other calmly glanced around the area. This lasted for approximately one minute. The taller one continued to stare in our direction the entire time. They began walking back towards the direction from which they came. The taller one continued to stare in our direction until reaching the entrance to the causeway. They continued walking until they disappeared into the distance.

What made this all the more odd is that my friend, who is a die hard skeptic of just about everything, found this incident almost disturbing. He told me that he grabbed the knife that we were using to cut bait and held it by his side. I must admit that I had a strange feeling during this encounter. I grew up in the city, and anyone from the city (or anyone I guess) will tell you that you get a gut feeling when something isn't right. I got that feeling. I have no idea who they were. Could they have just been two people going for a stroll? Sure, but the fact that there are two individuals going for a stroll in that type of weather made it even more strange. We were out there to fish, not take a walk. We were there for four hours. I did not see anyone else besides three people that night, who all were fishing...no joggers, bikers, rollerbladers, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
strange people its funny how 1 stared at you but the other just glanced around

did they make any noise were they talking to each other or not??

do you think they were people ghosts or anything eles ??

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by batch

I didn't hear them talking. I don't think that they were ghosts. Castle Island is supposedly haunted though. But I don't think their attire matched the area. If they were wearing something more period, maybe.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
you said people wouldnt wear that sort of stuff around there what would people wear why was it out of place to you??

strange how they were silent the whole time

did you think somthing of it at the time were u worried like your freind or just caustious?

really weird encounter it just strikes me as paranormal because if i was walking with a freind at night i would be talking to him at least and would be shocked to see other people i would probabely say somthing to them

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I can't say that people wouldn'twear that style clothing around here. It's just not your typical attire for the area. You typically see your standard rain jacket, rain gear, etc. The southwestern look is not common. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I saw a person wearing a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, or anything similar around here.

I though that they were going to approach us. For what I have no clue. Couldn't be for directions. There's only two directions you can go. I felt a bit uneasy. I kept thinking, "what the hell are they looking for".

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
thats very puzzeling indeed
i cant get my head round it at all im gona look into paranormal stuff in that area and report back in a bit

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This sounds very similar to what happened to me once. I was walking down a railway track about 1am, a few years ago, and I noticed two dark hooded figres walking towards me about 50 ft or so away from me, they just seemed to appear from nowhere, I just carried on walking thinking this is it Im gonna be done for tresspassing. As they got closer, probably about 20 of 30 feet away, I lost my footing a little bit on one of the sleepers, I looked down to see where I was stepping looked back up and they was gone!

I was in complete shock, I had these tingles going through my body from head to toe, there was absolutely no way they could of got off the track as both sides were completely overgrown with brambles and two 9 ft steel spiked fences for miles, plus I only took my eyes off them for about 3 seconds if that!

I tell you what though, that was the last time I ever walked down that track again!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Oops Double Post

[edit on 25-7-2009 by deadoralive]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Their clothes were unusual!

First shoot them, then burry the corpses and post on ATS that you brought down some aliens or ghosts, according to the conspiracy of your choice.

Never trust people with a hat.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

I can't for the life of me work out why you think this is strange or other wordly. Not typical attire? If you were watching them to see that they were watching you then maybe they felt just as uncomfortable and uneasy. And if one of them sensed your friend taking up his knife and sensed your fear and suspicion then they would back off all the while keeping an eye on you. Maybe they are on a website somewhere saying they saw two weird men in odd clothing ostensibly fishing in the dark who glared at them with menacing eyes and odd clothing. Hmm....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, possibly they were tourists due to the clothing they were wearing?

The taller one was probably gawking at you trying to figure out what kind of nuts would be out fishing in the weather you described!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Well, I don't recall saying they were "other worldly".

I just find it odd that two people, dressed alike, were out taking a leisurely stroll in some pretty bad weather. People fish in the rain. It's not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Well, hey, I caught a fish...so

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Apparently you're not from New England. It would be about as common to see someone dressed as a sixteenth-century samuri as in "western wear".

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sounds to me that at est this situation was just a bit of 'abnormal' folks...though what is abnormal is up to all of us internally I guess. This doesn't seem terribly weird to me.

And as for the fishining in rai and storms...EXCELELNT fishing...I was mostly a bass fisherman butthey love the surface in that weather withthe murky disturbed water..not abnormal at all

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Your description reminds me of this guy:

Maybe they planned to fish where you were and saw the spot was already taken?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Definitely wasn't him. I saw him on a boat at the same time.

They could have planned to fish there as well. The only problem is they did not have any equipment, and the walk back to the parking lot is roughly a quarter mile or more. Why would they walk all that way without equipment?

[edit on 26-7-2009 by KEMIK]

new topics

top topics

join