It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater City in the Bermuda triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Around 15 years ago I heard a story/sermon on a cassette tape entitled "Is the Bermuda Triangle the Gate to Hell?"

In this account, professional divers went down into the Bermuda Triangle area and supposedly saw a city complete with temples and large idols. One of the divers claimed he entered a temple and felt a magnetic pull trying to suck him into the ocean bed.

It was fascinating to listen to and at the time, I was rather gullible so believed it outright, but now days I'm not as trusting. I've learned that some people are masters at spinning moonbeams just because they have learned the art of speaking of subjects in an authoritative manner.

I've been trying to get a copy of the tape for a while so that I can run background checks on these divers but haven't had any success.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Has anyone heard any similar accounts?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by the siren

Hiya, I've never heard of this account and a quick search didn't find anything either. I looked at the Bermuda Triangle, variations and Devil's Triangle.

Every year people create stories of adventures and mysteries...some gather momentum and some fade away. I wonder if the story you heard was a 'sailor's yarn' that never really caught any attention? It's the kind of tale that Coast to Coast feature without any sources...think Mel's Hole

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
very sorry if I can not spell very well but I think you can get the just of what I am saying. I read an account similar to what you've spoken of but it was in a book that seems to no longer be anywhere and I've tried everywhere I could think of to find it. It told of a pyramid underwater in the bermuda triangle, inside the structure was a crystal ball the negated gravity and no one knows where it came from( the crystal ball or the pyramd) if any one knows of the book I sure would like to get a copy it. It was called "secrets of the lost civilizations". This book opened my eyes to alot of new possibilities of human life and how we got here

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
[email protected] keeps calling my grandma asking about tiny tim and tommy tam, apparently they found the lost city of atlantis and are claiming there are orientals and pompeii mexicans hiding down there

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I wonder if the story you heard was a 'sailor's yarn' that never really caught any attention?[/url]

Probably.

Originally posted by Woody Harrelson
[email protected] keeps calling my grandma asking about tiny tim and tommy tam, apparently they found the lost city of atlantis and are claiming there are orientals and pompeii mexicans hiding down there

WTF?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the same thing, but......

I saw a tv show many years ago....

The basis was it was underwater explorers and they went to a specific site, right after a major storm.

Due to the major storm, much of the silt had been brought up from the bottom and into suspension in the water-making it very murky.

Well, the point is, with all the silt up, it exposed a city underwater.

It talked about pyrimids and other structures.

They managed to get into one and removed a crystal sphere from it's resting place (two shaped hands) and brought it to the surface.

The storm forced them to leave the area and they were never able to find it again.

The sphere was interesting as it would magneticly repell metals (magnets) alonf with some other strange characteristic's (forget them).

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They managed to get into one and removed a crystal sphere from it's resting place (two shaped hands) and brought it to the surface.

The storm forced them to leave the area and they were never able to find it again.

They should have had ADT, but, maybe it was easier for them to move.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I believe this is the story you are looking for:

In 1970, Dr. Ray Brown, a naturopathic practitioner from Mesa, Arizona, went scuba diving with some friends near the Bari Islands in the Bahamas, close to a popular area known as the Tongue of the Ocean (This was depicted in the television show, “In Search Of…Atlantis,” originally made in 1979.

"During one of his dives, Brown became separated from his friends and while searching for them he was startled when he came across a strange pyramid shape silhouetted against the aquamarine light. Upon investigating further, Brown was surprised by how smooth and mirror-like was the stone surface of the whole structure, with the joints between the individual blocks almost indiscernible. Swimming around the capstone, which Brown thought might have been lapis lazuli, he discovered an entrance and decided to explore inside. Passing along a narrow hallway, Brown finally came to a small rectangular room with a pyramid-shaped ceiling. He was totally amazed that this room contained no algae or coral growing on the inner walls. They were completely spotless! In addition, though Brown had brought no torch with him, he could nevertheless see everything in the room with his normal eyesight. The room was well lit, but no direct light source was visible. Brown’s attention was drawn to a brassy metallic rod three inches in diameter hanging down from the apex of the center of the room and at its end was attached a many-facetted red gem, which tapered to a point. Directly below this rod and gem, sitting in the middle of the room, was a stand of carved stone topped by a stone plate with scrolled ends. On the plate there was a pair of carved metal bronze-colored hands, life-sized, which appeared blackened and burnt, as if having been subjected to tremendous heat. Nestled in the hands, and situated four feet directly below the ceiling rod gem point, was a crystal sphere four-inches in diameter. Brown tried to loosen the ceiling rod and red gemstone but neither would move. Returning to the crystal sphere, he found, to his amazement, that it separated easily from the bronze hand holders. With the crystal sphere in his right hand he then made his way out of the pyramid. As he departed, Brown felt an unseen presence and heard a voice telling him never to return!"

Rest of story here:

parabook.wordpress.com...

Underwater Video with Dr. Brown Here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This sounds a lot like something I saw on tv many years ago.

Basicly, it was after a great storm, large amounts of silt were brought up from the bottom and into the water.

This uncovered an entire city.

When explored, they found a crystal? sphere and took it back with them.

When the storm ended, the silt went back to the bottom and they lost site of the city.

The crystal sphere had unusual properties.

It had a magnetic charge.

When steel was brought close to it, it was repelled-like opposite ends of a magnet.

I "THINK" this may be what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This has been my thought for many years that the capital city of Atlantis is under water in the bermuda triangle. Compasses, radar, all electronic devices go haywire in this area and it impossible to navigate correctly. You have to dive in with just a flashlight and scuba gear to get a good look at things and I would'nt go alone either, who knows what can and will happen while your down there. I would love to do it myself but I do not have the money for such an adventure.

top topics

join