It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If USA falls, where would you move to?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Believe it or not this is a mass DOMINO EFFECT the US IS THE FIRST DOMINO so why run to another country and become more uncomfortable with your surrondings, atleast over here I know were im at and my family is at.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The USA has failed before. Ever heard of the war between the states?

There are 50 independent states united at the moment but not always. If the Fed mess fails they will all govern themselves.

That is why it is important to have competent governors, not Hollywood stars.

Most states have counties and local government leaders also city councils mayors etc.

Just because the idiots in Washington screw it up does not mean the states will.

Just a new form a new confederation of some sort will arise.

You can bet your dollar on that.

If you don't want to leave this land get to Texas. They were their own country for a while.

So was Hawaii.

They could survive without the Feds.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confused and Dazed!
I'd take a sea plane to Saipan, of the South Marianas! A good place to get lost on the beach in total obscurity in the Pacific Ocean. They do speak English there, and are part of the US territories. Relatively unknown for some reason.

Otherwise, I'd buy a Trimaran, and island hop all around Micronesia, and live off the sea. A sort of "Water World" existence. I'd probably last maybe 10 years.

I think the main land would be a nasty place for quite a while until things sorted themselves out, and a new form of governance came to be. Good, Bad, or Ugly!
I'm too old to have to start over, and be "re-educated". To hell with `em!
I'll grab the speedo, the sun block, a high powered rifle, a compass, rations, cash, and hit the waves. Aloha Oe...

Best suggestion I have seen on this thread so far. Sounds almost idyllic

[edit on 23-9-2009 by big gee]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

United States and United Kingdom in the top 10 of a liberty list means the list is crap.

Obviously, the Index takes a pro-individual freedom, pro-economic freedom and pro-limited government stance.

Oh they are confusing capitalism with liberty.

I dont see the freedom in America. You cant even get a good university education without having rich parents. If you get born into poverty there is no way out. What kind of freedom is that? Yeah, Oprah made it. What about the millions that didnt?

No, a real free society makes sure everybody gets a opportunity to study on a university and get a degree. The freedom to become whatever you want in this life (business-wise anyway).

Even free health care for everybody is missing completely.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by balon0

I am here for the long haul.
If people all thought this was home, maybe more people would call this home and worth fighting for?
Some people do not give up so easy.

All ones choice, leave - stay , priorities. The grass is always greener....

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
As a Canadian who is sick of the culture of Apathy and "Happy Censorship" going on up here, (not to mention the highest land prices in the world in a country that is 95% uninhabited), I will be packing up and moving to Oregon if the USA collapses and falls into Anarchy. I've more than enough connections in the back to the land movement down that way that I can set myself up with a nice little plot of forest and live happily ever after.

As for the people up here, well, I'll wish them well with the Orwellian government they've welcomed in. Honestly, you think the states is bad? It really is the land of the free compared to the thinly-disguised corporatocracy running things up here in the north

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

I am on 100% SSDisability, head injury, and my home burned down in the San Diego Firestorm/07. FEMA gave me some money, I bought an RV for 2k. 36 foot, I think, 1984. Top of the line. I live on a friends ranch, for free. Pretty good, I'd say. But I STILL want to go to Ecuador asap. I don't want to see the inside of one of those FEMA concentration camps. Like I said, I do NOT think any of that will come down until our twin star, Nemesis, gets here.
Seven days the mighty star shall burn on high,
Cloud shall make two more suns shine in the sky.
The whole night shall the burley mastiff cry
When the Pontiff shall his country fly. Quatrain II:41 Nostrodamus

Planet X is in orbit around this dim star, and both would possibly be lit up by the 'other' sun. As per Revelation, all h** will break loose on Earth. One third, or over 2 BILLION deaths, worldwide. A good website to look into Biblical warnings; www.escapeallthesethings.com I learned about it from their advertising on this ATS site. Relax. If you are a Chosen One, you will be safeguarded. Just keep your eyes and ears open. I'm waiting for the two prophets. One man, from COG, claims to be one, but he has already proven to be a liar, so don't listen to him.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

That is well and good but I would still like a truck so I can go where God may lead me. But if we all keep closing the door on God then why should he help any of us.

So if anyone has a truck in good mechanical condition with good tires they can part with, let me know I would prefer to go on my own power then on someone elses.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If the SHTF and the USA falls, I won't be going too far. Probably up to the old hunting cabin/property in north central Michigan. Game is plentiful, lots of fresh water, and lots of forests that would provide excellent cover if need be. Yes, the winters are harsh, but nothing a well-built cabin and a nice hot fire can't fix

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think it's cute that Americans think any country in the world would welcome them with open arms in such a situation.

Why would anyone want to take you in after you already drove your own country into the ground? There's no jobs for you and no way in hell the rest of us will flip the bill when you won't even take care of one another, why should we do it for you?

What about Mexico? They have it rougher than Americans can even fathom and last I checked you shoot at them when they try and run across the boarder, people protest and discriminate against them. Why would Americans expect it to be any different for them?

I have no problem with Yankees coming up here now, but if you crap all over your country and then expect to be taken in, you have another thing coming.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I will assume you are in Canada. I am French Canadian and many of my relatives built your country.

Your own Government is opening Canadian borders to foriegn troops to help take over America.

I bet you don't have a say so in your country and that your elected officials would ignore you as ours have done.

We don't have jobs because Mexicans steal their way into our country and agree to be the new slave labor, thus resulting in no jobs for Americans in their own country.

Regardless if America falls all nations will fall as we are the last vestige of freedom and they are gunning for total world domination with the UN at the forefront.

The UN is above all reproach of all nations and answers to none. So go ahead and tear us down, as it just demonstrates your character and just how blind you are to the danger you are also in.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritwomyn
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

I will assume you are in Canada. I am French Canadian and many of my relatives built your country.

Your own Government is opening Canadian borders to foriegn troops to help take over America.

I bet you don't have a say so in your country and that your elected officials would ignore you as ours have done.

We don't have jobs because Mexicans steal their way into our country and agree to be the new slave labor, thus resulting in no jobs for Americans in their own country.

Regardless if America falls all nations will fall as we are the last vestige of freedom and they are gunning for total world domination with the UN at the forefront.

The UN is above all reproach of all nations and answers to none. So go ahead and tear us down, as it just demonstrates your character and just how blind you are to the danger you are also in.

The French built Canada? That's not exactly how history remembers it. What does that even matter? We burnt down the white house in 1812 but that doesn't give me any more authority either.

We're opening our boarders to foreign troops to take over America? What? You know we're Canadians up here, right? Yeah, Russia is further North, clearly you're confused.

I don't have the ear of the PM but I've actually found our MP's and representatives very receptive if you actually speak to them, which any Canadian can, I have.

So because Mexicans steal American jobs, that means it's OK for you to come into other countries and steal their jobs? Spoken like a true American!

Oh my, you are so full of yourselves it hurts. If America fell, the world would rebound faster than you think. The EU, China and Russia would fill the vacuum, life would go on.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Did you ever notice how Switzerland has been immune to the ravages of past World Wars?

I wouldn't be surprised if that the is the base of operations of the puppeteers who are likely orchestrating the downfall of the US.

That's where everyone should be heading in droves. Make 'em sweat.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join