It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this in this picture I took??!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Aligned and overlayed two of the pictures so you can clearly see where the lightsource is coming from.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

I do have some day pics....I just happened to of taken many pictures that day of that direction.

Can someone tell me how to directly embed a picture so I people dont have to click onto links?

In the very first pic on that page is the direction of that image. You can see in the distance two higher mountain horizons and in between those higher spots is a lower horizon. The area of the lower horizon is the area the image is in the direction of. There are more pics I took on through the list that show that specific direction while the sun was going down....you can see cars in a couple of them....some show a light or two in that direction but nothing particular. No light house of any sorts....I can take a zoom in pic today over there so you can see the bridge way better.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yngvee

This would show the direction and background the image was at....perfect. The lower mountain horizon sits in the background. To actually know the source of the light....ikd.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Question: Did you use a flash?

If so, I hate to say it but the person shaped object is probably a very close shot of an insect illuminated by the flash. The other bright spots could be bugs as well IF a flash was used. I can't tell by looking at your pics if you used one or not. The reason I know that insects can look like this in pics is because I am a paranormal investigator/ghost hunter and we get pics like this all the time from bugs, but only when the flash is used.

With that said, I actually hope that you didn't use a flash, because if not, you have a very fascinating pic there!!! You get a star and flag because I want be sure to get all the details.

Edited for clarity.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by gemineye]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Hello gemineye

I do believe I remember a flash. The cam does the auto flash thing on the standard setting. Is there any way one can take the pic and make it better quality or something to determine for sure this could be a flash reflecting off of something?

Would the image look that far off if the flash was reflecting off of an insect? Seems like the white image of light would be closer if the camera flash had anything to do with making that image. But I really dont know...just trying to think of all things.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by paragon_fx
Can you clarify again just to be sure, first of all you take the picture at that scene but you didn't notice the paranormal thingy only after you produce the picture is it right?

Second, you said that you are unable to tell the right distance whether it is close or far right?

Since then the plausible explanation from this photo might have be the anomalies in the picture is a pollen or some kind of dust particle during the shot, or during the photo being produce.

If you say you did being able look at the anomalies with your naked eye up on the sky...my vote would be:

1. Helicopter [real one/remote control]
2. Weather balloon [must be a new design]
3. Batman -working late night shift
and the best of all...
4. UFO -Unidentified Flying Object

Still a good finding. Nice

Hello

I did not see the image until I loaded the pics on the pc. And actually the image of the figure pic was the very last pic I took....as soon as I took it my camera shut off due to low batteries. I got home, put in new batteries and loaded the pics and couldn't believe all of the lights that kept showing up in the night pics....especially that last one I took. I was just using a cannon digital camera...its not like the picture had to be produced.

In all of the pics....the only light I saw with my own eyes was the moon. I never noticed stars, airplanes, helicopters.....anything at all. And if one knows me at all...they know my eyes are always watching the sky carefully. The only light noticed was the moon. I had two other people with me while I was taking pics....they were just as shocked to see the results of the pics.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't have photo shop and when we do our ghost hunting, we simply use the fill flash tool in Picasa to brighten our pics to see if there is anything in them that didn't stand out in the dark. If a flash was used, the majority of the pic should brighten up when you use this tool. In the absence of a flash, only the bright spots will get brighter without much difference in the background. I would try to manipulate the pic myself for you, but it can only be done with the original pic. You can try it and see what happens. Picasa is free and easy to use. I don't have PhotoShop because I just don't need that many tools for what we do, but if you have it, it's likely you can do that same thing with it as I do with Picasa.

In the pic, it does seem that the object is farther way, but it's hard to say really. I, for one, hope that you did capture something unusual because I love the unexplained!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hi Sweetie,

Nice! The main image looks like a figure with arms and legs or a round ship or craft of somekind emitting light around the bottom.

You mentioned you couldn't see it with the naked eye.

I was recently told that one of the reasons we don't see something like this until we develop the photos in that the mind will not *see* or interpret something that it doesn't have a prior construct or say *matrix* for.

As in when the native americans didn't see the ships coming when they first arrived because they had nothing in thier brain to attach the image to, what happened was that the shaman watched the water and noted differences day by day until he knew that something was going on that couldn't be explained. Finally after his intense watching of the water the he was able to *see* the ship and when he described it to others they too could see the ships.

All this to make a point that the mind has to have some kind of prior experience in able to *see* something or the eye will not send the signal to the brain to recieve the image.

I think that could be why we are inundated with images of disks and greys and such so as to train our minds too see that type of *alien* stuff, therefore missing the real deal.

Thanks for sharing, LV.

As always

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
from the other pictures you have on my space.there is one that has lights on the waters edge,a road i think you said.wouldn't be surprised if all it is,is a car with its inside light on and its reflected on the water.just another possibility.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Hey girl!

Ya know what is strange....I didnt realize till today that the direction of the moon when I took that pic was in Leo. So I was facing our 'Leo' with the moon underneath the Lion...and that figure looking thing in that direction. I know there is probably nothing to that but I thought it was cool anyways. The more I think about it, I really feel this was a being...like energy being...or light being...what ever. My son (I know I have told you before) saw a light being at age 5....the one he saw was yellow. He saw that one up close though, actually tried to touch it.

I go to those waters all the time....and I wasnt even going to snap that last shot...but as we were leaving my friend told me (who knows I am obsessed with moon cycles) to take me one more pic before we left....so I did...and that is the pic with the figure.

I hope more people give a thought on this....I dont care for points and stuff...but I really want as many opinions on this as I can get. Star it or pass it on...I want others thoughts please!!!! What if this is really a being of light????? I am now getting a little more braver about putting that paranormal thinking out there to ya all now......what if this is something really!!! Is there a site I should send it to???

Thanks all
LV

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pauldamo

Hi pauldamo

I went by there today and noticed two houses that sit on the other side of the highway-bridge. I think the top light and the light to the figures right are house lights. To the right of the figure there is a green light which seems to be the head light of a car...if you look and zoom you can see the car with the green headlight and faint tale lights. The figure is defiantly above the water. In the pic that the brightness was added one can see the gray area of water in the bottom area, then see a dark horizon on the water area which is the bridge way and background of a couple houses and wooded mountain area. There are plenty of pics on the list on myspace where one can see the background of that direction in the day and then compare the water horizon with the bridge and the background.

Thanks for adding to the thoughts on this!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

ya well i took this pic back on the ninth. my backyard apple valley ca. how about that?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

ok, the way i get my pics up. upload to my pics.then once i have it there double click on the image. then in the next window three choices,
copy the url that has the word embed. carry over to the page you w/ to embed in and paste on =insert an image. piece of cake.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by paragon_fx
Can you clarify again just to be sure, first of all you take the picture at that scene but you didn't notice the paranormal thingy only after you produce the picture is it right?

Second, you said that you are unable to tell the right distance whether it is close or far right?

Since then the plausible explanation from this photo might have be the anomalies in the picture is a pollen or some kind of dust particle during the shot, or during the photo being produce.

If you say you did being able look at the anomalies with your naked eye up on the sky...my vote would be:

1. Helicopter [real one/remote control]
2. Weather balloon [must be a new design]
3. Batman -working late night shift
and the best of all...
4. UFO -Unidentified Flying Object

Still a good finding. Nice

Hello

I did not see the image until I loaded the pics on the pc. And actually the image of the figure pic was the very last pic I took....as soon as I took it my camera shut off due to low batteries. I got home, put in new batteries and loaded the pics and couldn't believe all of the lights that kept showing up in the night pics....especially that last one I took. I was just using a cannon digital camera...its not like the picture had to be produced.

In all of the pics....the only light I saw with my own eyes was the moon. I never noticed stars, airplanes, helicopters.....anything at all. And if one knows me at all...they know my eyes are always watching the sky carefully. The only light noticed was the moon. I had two other people with me while I was taking pics....they were just as shocked to see the results of the pics.

Thanks for reply. Well, I'm not an expert in camera thingy but I'm a regular. So base on my experience I take a look again at that picture you got that in a normal mode [not zoom in] i see that the blurriness of that "light entity" seem to be more blurry than the stars and other lights surrounding it. So by that the distance of the "light entity" must have been quite close to you during the shot. How close could it be i don't know. The range could be from the camera lens to several feet up front.

Well, that is just my assumption, the real distance can only be measured if some one could get a hold on your camera and calculate it base on the degree of the lens and pixel use during the shot.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
definitely humanoid-looking figure...intense

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by paragon_fx

From on the zoom pic one can see the water in between me and the figure. To me...the measure of the water shows the figure in the far distance. I could be wrong though.

While looking at the day time pics and looking at the night pic....if the figure was close to me I think I wouldnt see a large amount of water in between me and the figure. Granted, it seems to be over the water...but if it was close...I think the amount of water between me and the figure would be much less.

Great thoughts! Thanks for adding to the thread!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Is there a paranormal site that studies photos I should send the pic to?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Just my two cents would be that when you took the image, most likely an insect of some sort was in the frame. The camera will focus on the further image, with some minimal shape of the closer object being visible. The flash probably distorted the color of the insect.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So...those pictures of that human shaped figure reminded me of this video I came across on youtube...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The first picture is so creepy. It does look like he is being lifted in the air... and if it was a real person, he would have to be on a boat with lights illuminating him at water level, but he is shining too brightly, there is no boat, and he is high off the water! Unexplainable!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join