It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's "Nessie" sighted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ten tourists from Guangdong and Hubei provinces were the latest to report a "water monster" sighting in Kanas Lake, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. They told local media that they saw a giant black creature on July 5 that stirred waves over 1 meter high and left a wake over 10 meters long for 20 seconds about 100 meters away from their boat.

Kanas Lake, which means "beautiful, mysterious lake" in Mongolian, is China's deepest freshwater lake with a maximum depth of 188.5 meters, and 24 kilometers long from north to south. It's located in the Kanas Nature Reserve in the Aletai mountain area of northern Xinjiang and has been the source of numerous monster sightings, similar to Scotland's Loch Ness (or "Nessie") monster for decades – particularly since the 1980s when more visitors and settlers came to the area. Scientists have carried out investigations, though no conclusive evidence has been found of the creature.

english.people.com.cn...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well what ever it is, Nessie or other creature, at least it is safe in the
Nature Reserve.
Nice find !

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Cool, I hope there's some kind of pictures that will pop up......otherwise it will be buried of coarse. Was that a robot voice reading the article on that page or what now?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Well what ever it is, Nessie or other creature, at least it is safe in the
Nature Reserve.
Nice find !

Thanks!
Im sure its a seperate creature. It amazes me how many lake creature sighting their are around the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfmanJ
Cool, I hope there's some kind of pictures that will pop up......otherwise it will be buried of coarse. Was that a robot voice reading the article on that page or what now?

Yea the story says tourists spotted the creature, so id hope one of them was able to take a picture.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I would like to interject here to note that the final passage of the article is worth presenting as a plausible explanation.

Some scientists believe, however, that the monsters may be taimen trout, one of the world's largest and most ferocious freshwater fish which can grow as long as 10 meters.

However, I will admit that I cannot find any corroborating data for the proposed 10 m length of a Hucho Taimen.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well it is clearly not Nessie, seeing as it does not live in loch Ness

And a picture would probably not surface out of China you know their censorship. Camera probably got confiscated haha

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just wondering since this is not my article was I supposed to place it in quotes or was posting the link fine?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Just wondering since this is not my article was I supposed to place it in quotes or was posting the link fine?

Thanks

yes, you should have quoted a paragraph or two, linked back to the site you were quoting and then interjected with your own thoughts on the topic. Since you are new here it is no big deal, and I appreciate youj asking if you did it correctly. Live and learn and all that.

As fort the monster, yes it is interesting how many sea monsters pop up all over the world. Especially in China. It is a huge country after all, and this is not the first case of a cryptid being reported there.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Some scientists believe, however, that the monsters may be taimen trout, one of the world's largest and most ferocious freshwater fish which can grow as long as 10 meters.

I wonder who these scientists are since the "tiamen trout" record is 6.5 feet.
10 meters is 32 feet. Something was lost in translation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52f4bfdc5633.jpg[/atsimg]

The record size taimen can reach 200 cm (78″) in lenghth and 100 kg (220 lb) in weight. This is a very elusive fish, populating many rivers in the Eastern Siberia and the Far East.

www.russianhunting.com...

Type: Fish
Diet: Carnivore
Average lifespan in the wild: 50 years
Size: Up to 6.5 ft (2 m)
Weight: Up to 200 lbs (90 kg)
Did you know? The largest recorded taimen ever caught weighed in at 231 pounds (105 kilograms) and was 83 inches (210 centimeters) long.
Protection status: Threatened

animals.nationalgeographic.com...

So I believe it is safe to say that it is not a taimen trout.

so what was seen? And how have these so called "scientists" managed to keep their jobs with such a silly suggestion?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Drain the lake...

Hunt it down...

and

kill it!!!

But film it first

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nooo! Scotlands economy will collapse with such revelations!
Anyway cool story,i think most of these sighting are just misidentified but still interesting!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville

Originally posted by videoworldwide
Drain the lake...

Hunt it down...

and

kill it!!!

But film it first

[snip]

I'm always intrigued by these lake monster sightings, i mean i think Nessie in all fairness has had its day and its just about proven that Nessie probably doesn't exist.

So its about time we had another major one to look into.

It's a monster!

All monsters must die!

[snip] bigfoot would have been killed off already, and we wouldn't have children missing all over the place!

reemoved uncivil remarks from quote and post text.

[edit on 30/7/09 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by videoworldwide

How do you define a monster, though? There are monster fish, which are normal fish of very large size. There are mythical monsters. There are Cookie monsters... I think it's all open to debate.

I also think that if we kill these things, we can never learn to coexist with them, identify them, learn from them, or protect them. Did you know that some regions have considered classifying Bigfoot as an endangered species?

I also have seen no evidence to support the idea that Bigfoot is responsible for the many cases of missing children. I think, unfortunately, that some very scary humans are to blame for most of that.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The thing I find fascinating about this story is that there was 10 Chinese tourist and not one had a camera!

Kansas Lake has a long history of sightings. Here is an article with the top five Lake Monster in China. With Pictures!

top topics

join