It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict "Idiocracy" in around 16yrs, it is coming true before our eyes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe in 4 more Presidential terms we will see an idiocratic society moving full steam ahead. While watching Obama at the press conference it completely reminded me of the movie Idiocracy. Here he is and educated, smart man THE PRESIDENT trying to salvage the health care system which is an absolute F^&#%! of a mess, and well.. it was just surreal. No one gives a rats ass! They are just looking for something scandalous to cover. If you have not seen this movie I highly recommend it. Basically society becomes so dumbed down and ignorant that.. well... I can't even begin to explain it but it is HAPPENING right now before my eyes and it is terrifying. I even see it in here to a high degree. ATS might as well create a forum called "Ow My Balls!" so the idocrats can hang out in there grunting and laughing. The ensuing media blitz about Obama's 'police acted stupidly' comment was like something straight out of Idiocracy. When I watched the film I laughed and thought, this is plausible but surely it is unlikely. I was wrong! I really do want to move off world ASAP! We are doomed! folks, DOOMED!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Um, you must not get out much anymore, eh?
Already been happening.

Actually it started about 8 years ago
when we changed the name "nuke-lar".

In eight more years, the deep dodo we're in
may just be noticable to even the idiot-o-crats.
But, probably not, hence my name.

You're right about the doomed though.....
Given enough time we will do our selves in,
we wont need an asteroid or such.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
You think our healthcare system looks bad just wait for the new one:

docs.house.gov...

I guarantee that the government makes a huge disaster out of this sucker. Nobody does red tape like the government - case in point -IRS Tax Code.

The Idiocracy is going from bad to worse.

The brokenness in our system is that crime is going blatantly unpunished and our legislature is a den of thieves.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I saw another one recently too. California local gov't in all out chaos yet all they can talk about is Arnie holding a knife. California is likely the first city to go full idiot.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

i think this speaks for itself
Idiocracy here we come!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I do believe you are correct.

I took 4 teenage girls camping last weekend and was shocked at how really ignorant they were to the real world.

All they cared about was texting, taking showers and putting on make up. They did not lift one finger to help set up or keep the camp going.

They had`no idea what they were supposed to do.

They wanted to be waited on and not even take responsibility for any mess they made.

I am afraid the young people today are being raised to be idiots.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I believe right now is an interesting time. We were beginning to re-enter an age of ignorance, a la Medievel times.

In the early-mid 1900's we saw advancements that were completely beyond the scope of concept of people living in the previous century. The leaps and bounds made forward were of an astounding nature. Information was VERY freely exchanged...up until WWII ended.

When WWII ended we see the veil of secrecy begin to be drawn. Blame on the Cold War, blame it on war fatigue, or just blame it on the a-a-a-alchohol (have that stupid song stuck in my head). But, for whatever reason, the veil of secrecy was once more drawn over the information exchange of mankind.

The last time this happened, we had the Dark Ages. The cause, supposedly, at that time was Christianity and Islam. The burning of the Alexandrian library, along with the hording of information by the Vatican and royal families, created a loss of rational thinking and logic and promoted superstition.

The founding of the US, combined with the illuminated beliefs of the greats of the Renaissance (primarily Lord Frances Bacon) helped draw this veil of secrecy back, once more, so that information could flow.

The big "wild card" that is changing the paradigm right now is the internet. The flow of information cannot be stopped because it amounts to the little dutch boy trying to put his finger in the dyke. What we see happening right now is, instead of secrecy (since the information will get out one way or another) is that we are seeing disinformation. The signal is so convoluted with the noise that detecting the meaning in the signal can be nearly impossible.

It will be interesting, sociologically, to see how this plays out. I would love to be able to study it from a point in the future....too bad i can't.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Just think, in a few short years they will be voters!
Lord help us. If we deserve it that is.
Thanks for sharing the proof.

Thanks all! Good posts!

[edit on 25-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

OOOOMMMMGGGG I had to stop after 1 minute before my head exploded.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I do believe you are correct.

I took 4 teenage girls camping last weekend and was shocked at how really ignorant they were to the real world.

All they cared about was texting, taking showers and putting on make up. They did not lift one finger to help set up or keep the camp going.

They had`no idea what they were supposed to do.

They wanted to be waited on and not even take responsibility for any mess they made.

I am afraid the young people today are being raised to be idiots.

So painfully true. I just went out of my way to pickup my stepson and his friends. They did not say hi or thanks for the ride, they sat in the car silent, all txting each other. I pulled up to drop them off and they jetted from the car without a word. sigh.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by contemplator]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just look at medicare, medicaid and how our veterans are treated by the government system...it's a horror film! And people actually support the Democrat's plan? Wake up society don't fall for this political trick.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
reply to post by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient

OOOOMMMMGGGG I had to stop after 1 minute before my head exploded.

Oh you reeeally should watch to the end. Its amazing!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Its like when they started calling Guantanamo Bay "Gitmo". Really annoyed me, trying to make it sound somewhere fun. "hey guys, let's all go to Gitmo"

new topics

top topics

join