It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis- specifically describe the presence/witch/shadow/ghost etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I use to sleep with one of those jungle net things over my bed, the chicks liked it for it gave my room a tropical feel. One morning I awoke with a shadow figure hovering above me, it spoke in what sounded like a "thousand whispers". I felt it was female, the figure seemed to grow breast, hair, ass, etc in front of my eyes. It was trying to seduce me.

I started to feel somewhat attracted to the entity, it even took the net hovering over my bed and wrapped it around its black mass like a dress.

Suddenly I felt uneasy, I determined this presence was evil and was not female.

I said " # you bitch" and the shadow figure disappeared.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I would like to find out if there is a common theme or shape to them.

If what you saw is dark matter, there is no common shape. If we say the brain and mind are different parts of you, it is your brain that looks at dark matter and tries to make a form out of it. It is a continual process that brain does until you settle on an imagine you realize that is the right thing you see. It'll see to change or be like a dream as you look into the dark matter because there is no light and it really is your brain that creates whatever extra lights is needed from whatever light-noise that bounces off the dark matter.

Dark matter seems to be drawn to emotional trauma, however. The emotional trauma may be familiar in one way or another. When the dark matter surrounds the emotions around you then your brain thinks there is something there and it tries to make images, as described earlier. You start to sense more than just the image, and usually that is the fear from the unknown and uncertainly about the emotion you feel. This causes more emotional trauama from you, which could causes the dark matter to drift near you (like its coming after you).

Simply turning on the light will calm the brain but doesn't get rid of the dark matter. You just don't see dark matter that easily in the light. With your brain more at peace as it doesn't try to make images from the darkness, the dark matter drifts away. It might have also taken the emotional residue with it, or it might not.

Scientist claim that about 75% of our universe is made up of dark matter. In outerspace, the clusters of dark matter act as a lens that bends light much like one would see through a telescope.

Dark matter doesn't explain all occurrences of such paranormal activity, as you have seen. It does explain the most common type. When there is more things going on then just emotional trauma and dark matter, then there usually is some 'things' seen that let those that are familiar with such experiences know when it has gone beyond. For one thing, the experience would be quite stable. Like, if one turns on the light for awhile, comes back an hour later, turns off the light, and immediate experiences that same. Or even, if one turns on the light and still can experience the state as if the light was off.

Much more could be said, yet let me know how this much helps with what you wonder.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
interesting. i had this very experience this morning. an old man grabbing my wrists. i breathed MORNING breath on him and some punches. when i woke my vision was VERY fuzzy. i believe i was cutting the supply of blood off from my brain and this is all a way of pressing the matter WAKE UP.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis since the age of 14. I am now 20 and i get it at least 3-5 times a year. The worst was when i had it every night for a whole week.

I can say, that when I do have sleep paralysis. I feel a sense of dread. Almost as if something malicious is in the room. However, i dont personally believe in ghosts / demons and so on and so forth. However, I do believe, that IF they were to exist, they could not harm me.

Anyways, long story short. I used to always have a bad dream before I had a case of SP. Nowdays, its wierd. Its almost as if i am dreaming but my brain becomes concious and I start controlling my dreams, lucid dreaming its called I believe. Now, SP happens when I become concious of myself being awake whilst dreaming. Its really wierd to explain.

When dreaming, its almost like i am taking part in watching a movie. I myself am part of that movie, just like paint makes up a painting. I am not concious of myself, I am only in a state of dreaming, my dream is my existence. Then, as if my brain has begun awakening, I 'remember' I am Bradley and this is a dream, thats when I start to have fun, controlling my dreams. That however, is a rare occasion. Usually, as soon as I 'remember' I am bradley, this is a dream, its almost like when you take the plug out of a filled sink. My dreams are sucked away and i awaken to look at my ceiling, able to move my eyes, but nothing else.

When I am lying there, awake but paralysed, i get a bad feeling. One that can only be described by the following: you know as a child, or even now, when you done something wrong, which you knew was wrong and 'bad' consequeces came about because of it, i and many others who i spoke to got a 'tingling' sensation at the back of our head/brain, you fear the worst and worry at the same time. It is that feeling + the idea that there is something in my room, something that is making me scared like this, that does not like me but i cannot see it. As ive said before, a sense of dread.

I typically struggle against this paralysis, my breathing becomes irregular, my eyes start flittering from left, right, up down, and so on. Until i make a tiny little noise, and by tiny i really do mean tiny, but to me, i was actually trying to shout/scream. As soon as I make that little noise, i gradually feel the effects of the paralysis wear off and i become more in controll.

However, if i try to fall back to sleep straight away, its almost like i feel the sleep paralysis is going to happen again, and it has. So now i take a few deep breaths, think about something that requires my brain to fully engage, just lay awake for a few minutes then drift back off to sleep.

Scientists say this is due to a malfunction of REM sleep, where your body does paralyse itself to stop it from acting out your dreams, but as soon as your body does that and you go into REM you wake up. Whats wierd is then, that it happens to me after beening asleep anywhere from 20-30 minutes or 5 hours in!

However, I think they are right, it is just a bodily malfunction.

Cheers,

Brad

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I had an SP experience involving a female entity. I started a thread about it a while back., and my description of it is in the first post here.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

i wouldnt say that was sleep paralysis. you werent sleeping..."I stayed like that for about five minutes, and at no time did I fall asleep."

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Toughiv]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

haha, what on earth possessed you to talk like that...no pun intended!
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Toughiv

I felt like I had been violated and those words were the first thing that came out of my mouth, apparently it worked, the shadow figure took off like a rocket

BTW, I never told anyone about the encounter until someone else in the house had a similar experience.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
maybe we can see those beings because the veil has been lifted, we are not totally awake, we are still in a reality where we can see these beings. with our third eye.

Its my belief that we dont see them with our eyes but with the third eye instead, but they are around us.we just cant see them only in the frontier of the being awake vs being asleep

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I would like to get some answers about sleep paralysis.I suffered a type of sleep paralysis for years until i started taking blood pressure medication and colesterol lowering medication.Thoses medications have stoped my sleep paralysis.How can i tell.A coulpe of times i missed taking my medication fo a few days then my sleep paraylsis returned.I do not suffer from sleep paralysis anymore but i do get ice pick headakes sometime.I have studied sleep paralysis for some years and i would like to share some of my theories.I actually suffered from two different types of sleep paralysis.One asleep and one awake.The one asleep was always scarey.The one awake was even more scarey.I believe some sleep paralysis is actually a rare for of epilepsy.Having epileptic seasures during sleep is not nice at all.Its like a night terror.Your are stuck in limbo for 8 to 10 seconds neather awake or asleep.You are somewhere in between.I have found out that scarey thoughts trigger the epilepsy seasures.All i have to do is really think of something really scary and i fell the paralysis coming on me.Its like a slow tingeling coming down my body slowly from the top of the head to my feet.I can stop it at any time.It i let the tingeling to reach my feet,then my whole body becomes paralysis.I guess most people would proberly not believe i can just paraylis my self just like that.Well thats how it works.Once i woke up really quickly and my whole body was paralysised.I still felt my arms so i tryed moving my arm just a little.As soon as i did this the paralysis was gone.What i want to know is can you move you arm if your whole body is paralysised.

[edit on 15-8-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i like to sleep face down on the pillow and there fore cants see anything..
when it happens to me i feel like im being suffocated and crushed by the weight sitting on my back..
i have had them for years , at least they are better that the night terrors i get....
sometimes im afraid to open my eyes for fear of seeing the demons that haunt me day and night.......

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
i like to sleep face down on the pillow and there fore cants see anything..
when it happens to me i feel like im being suffocated and crushed by the weight sitting on my back..
i have had them for years , at least they are better that the night terrors i get....
sometimes im afraid to open my eyes for fear of seeing the demons that haunt me day and night.......

i hear you m8, you can look at my experience here in this same thread, it's very similar to yours.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I never really posted here, but I just wanted to share my story from a while ago. I can't understand fully if it was sleep paralysis or not, but it was scary.

I was in a small town, you know the ones with the 2 lane road going right through the center, small 2-3 story shops line the street for a few blocks. It was at night. I had no idea where this place was, but it seems like the perfect, star small town. I was running, running heavily while I was carrying a gun. It was a heavy rifle with a scope. I came to a stop at a small ledge with a bush on top, keeled down and set up a stabilizer as if to snipe something. I pointed the sights up to a 3rd story window across the street. Suddenly a spot light came onto the open window, where to my surprise, was an alien. Tiny and black. Didn't have the huge eyes, yet they were bigger than a humans.

This is where it got weird. My heart beat jumped up a ton, I "woke up" to where I see a small black thing dash across my room. I still can't tell if it was a shadow or what, but whatever I saw moved. I felt frozen, cold with a sky rocketed heart rate. After that, I couldn't remember much. I was almost in shock (Im guessing so, although I have never actually been in shock).

I guess I would say my "attacker" was that little black alien, probably 2-3 ft tall. It was one of those life long experiences I will never forget.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi,

I'm new to all this, but after reading some the posts hear I feel compelled to add my story.

When I was a young boy, maybe 4-5 I remember waking up almost every morning, wide awake, eye's fully open to see a 'shadow man' lying to the left of me. I would pull the covers over my head until a felt it was safe look and again, and it would be gone. I began forcing myself to fall asleep facing the right in order to not wake up and see the man, but when I would turn around in the morning 'it' was there.

Eventually I plucked up the courage one morning to roll on to it, god knows how I did this, but I felt I had to do it in order to prove I was in control of myself, and no spirit, demon or bad dream. I rolled onto nothing, felt nothing. After that day I never saw it again.

My second experience was the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to me. I woke up in the middle of night and looked at the light above my bed. I saw what appeared to be a 'mist' that came from the light like a genie which manifested itself as, well, i don't want to sound dramatic, but it had the face of a scull, long flowing 'dread lock' type hair, and was wearing an purple pant suit which was loose fitting but allowed me to see the outline of her figure. It went in at the wrists and she was wearing some kind of big belt. Essentially it looked like Medusa in a purple pant suit. I know this sounds crazy but I remember this so vividly, I was awake, my eyes were open, but I was not paralysed because I pulled the cover over my head for a few seconds, then peaked over to see it still there floating inches above me. At this point I screamed the house down and my mum came running in to calm me downbut didn't see a thing.

My mum always said I was still dreaming when I woke up, but I now that I am older I have never met anyone who had a smiliar experience. I was awake, not dreaming and not parylised.

If my description rings true with anyone else's experience I would love to
know.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Grüße Fräulein, Sturm-Verbot-Führer, jeder hier am Fuss-Clan wird über Vorlagenreißwolf betroffen, nachdem man auf einer galaktischen Frontseite zwischen Masse und Maß X mit jugendlichen radioaktiven schwarzen Riemen-Hamstern, jugendliche Schmutzig-Gen Kung Fu Känguruhs, kaltblütige Chamäleon-Kommandos und mit dem notorischen Boris der Bär gekämpft hat. Wir verfingen uns ihn eine Steckfassung weg von der Phantasie mit Krang habend, das nach der Formung seiner Wünsche mit Seamus und Haji auf a Gehirn-wie Form, mit Ryan Braun und Jim Lawson zu kämpfen verringert wurde, der entworfen war, um die Abstände des Durchganges im Jugenddurch mutation entstehende variation Ninja Schildkröteuniversum auszufüllen. Hat nachher Geschlecht mit Peter Falk viele Stunden lang, Vorlagensplitter und Casey Jones sagte, daß Seamus und Haji sie Homosexuelles bildeten, dann Schupo, den Ricigliano vorbeikam, meinen Großmutterteppich-Reinigung Packwagen und ihre Klimaanlage zu reparieren, fragte Schupo Ricigliano sie, daß Fall unter ergänzenden hohen vorderen Service außerdem daß tut, oder, daß etwas Sie für zahlen? Dann sagte sie OH- Nr., Nr., sie ist ergänzend. Er erklärte ihr, daß hier ein Dollar ist und Spiel in der Straße geht. Das ist, wenn Hauch-Vati und Peter begonnener Falk, es zu singen Männer regnet und dann Robby Ricigliano der Klimaanlage Reparaturmann sagte, der ihr die Schotte Homobehandlung gab, daß er Tokka und Rahzar wegen ihres Fräulein wie Testikel liebt

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
1) I was staying at the Hassayampa hotel in Prescott and I was just starting to fall asleep when I felt someone sit on me and then stand up again right away. I was lying on my side and it was just like when you are a kid and your Mom starts to sit down next to you on the bed to read a bedtime story and accidentally sits on you and has to move. The bed depressed under me when this happened. I was immediately fully awake and opened my eyes, nobody there. I could see as the rooms have a glass pane over the door that lets light in from the hall. I felt an adrenaline rush sensation in waves and could not move for a few seconds. I didn't feel afraid, just shocked because it was so strange. I had a female impression and I did not feel any negative vibes. Later, I was lying on my stomach and I felt an arm around my waist slide off as if somone lying next to me had an arm around me and rolled over sliding the arm off. Again I felt the adrenaline and could not move for a few seconds. Then I started to feel scared because it was so weird and nothing like this had ever happened to me before! But even though I was feeling scared of the strangeness I still didn't feel any malevolence or negativity coming from it, whatever it was. Prior to that I'd never had any such experience but since then there have been a couple more instances and it seems I keep getting touched. Is there some kind of "voyance" like clairvoyance that is a sensitivity to paranormal touch?

2) I was at home and just waking up on a weekend still drifting in and out of awakeness, when I went into a dream where I was in some kind of textile factory. All of a sudden this shadow guy took notice of me and came rushing up. I got the impression of male, amused, and "you aren't supposed to be here". He put his hand on my shoulder and *shoved* which I felt physically and it shoved me awake. It felt like he shoved me out of the dream and back into my body. I wasn't ready to wake up yet, so I kept laying there and fell asleep again right back into the same dream, but in the hallway outside the room I was in earlier. Again, shadow creatures noticed me and came rushing over, but this time they were small very animated creatures. When they rushed me, they bumped into me and I became lucid and started trying to control the direction of my drift as it made me start drifting toward the ceiling. It only lasted for a second or two and then I woke up again for good. Later when I was thinking about it, I thought that the two animated shadow creatures reminded me of very excited dogs. The first guy was definitely a man, I could clearly see his shape and even though I could not make out features I definitely got the impression he was amused or even grinning. No hats or capes or anything, just a shadow of a man like you would see a shadow of a man on a wall but it was 3-D and present and could physically push me. The other two creatures had no clear shape they were just small and animated, kind of like small clouds of static rushing around.

3) One another trip in a different historical hotel I was again lying on my side and out of nowhere I got *shoved* hard in the chest, which rocked me back against my partner and he felt it. Again nobody there. That time I got a male impression and I got pissed. I basically thought I don't need to take this crap and I did an energy exercise I had read about to clear a room where you visualize a pillar of light the size of the room coming down through the room and any negative energy flowing out the bottom of it and away. I determined nobody was going to mess with me again that night, and it didn't.

So, not only do I physically feel these non-physical touches, shoves, being sat on, etc, but it actually moves me in my environment. The bed depressed under me when I was sat on. When I was shoved in the chest it pushed me back into my partner. Strange stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AllseeingEYE

this happens to me once in a while, usualy after i wake up from a nightmare i see in color though and the entities are always different, ive seeen a little shadow girl, a shadowman on shadow horseback, nd some strange dancing shapes of black

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Been happening to me since I was very young, peaked when I was about 14 and happens about once a month now. At its peak it happened every time I went to sleep. The most common type for me is just being awake but being unable to move, I used to struggle very hard to move but now I just embrace it. I never fall back asleep, to scared to, so I always wait until I wake up. I have no sense of time whenever its happening but I would say it takes about 2-3 minutes usually to wake up.

Now for the weird ones. I've had all the, entity in the room, something holding my limbs down, something lying next to me, and general stuff happening in the room that when I "wake up" or can move all goes away but....

The most vivid one I ever had I woke up and I could specifically hear something talking about me and my dog that was sleeping net to me. I could see down my body and all my veins were green and I felt like I was floating towards the window. When I woke up my dog threw up all over me. Pretty scary # still have no idea what happened. The dog ended up getting sick so I woke my mom up and me and her slept on the couches down stairs so we could take care of the dog. Same thing happened while she was awake one couch over, I started breathing really hard and when I woke up she just said wow sounds like you were having a nightmare.

Something I cant decide yet is if my eyes are actually open or not. I've had sleep paralysis in classes, in cars, and other public places several times. I can definitely hear stuff, like the teacher, or people talking, but sometimes if I can "see", I see things moving that when I wake up were definitely not moving.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Lucidology 101: How To Trick Your Body Into Falling Asleep To Astral Project, Lucid Dream And Have Out Of Body Experiences

Waking Sleep Paralysis: The Holy Grail For New Lucid Dreamers & OBEers

The Stop Drop & Roll Sleep Command To Fall Asleep Fast

5 New Sleep Commands To Trick Your Body Into Falling Asleep
www.lucidology.com...

Fast Relaxation For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

How To Optimize Brain Chemistry For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

The Fastest Way To Have Lucid Dreams & OBEs Tonight - Timer Method

The 4 Easiest Movement-Free Reality Checks For Lucid Dreams And OBEs

Exit Blindness - 3 Fast Solutions

OBE Vibrations & 3 Ways To Tell How Close You Are To An OBE

Fast Exit Methods For Lucid Dreams & OBEs

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
all i can say is whatever it is it is strong behond compare .........

seriously does anybody know what im talking about

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join