It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis- specifically describe the presence/witch/shadow/ghost etc

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've lost count of the number of sleep paralysis episodes I have had over the years. They usually involve me waking up, not being able to move, but although it is dark in the room, I can see everything clearly in black and white. Often I see one or more black figures coming towards me. I panic, but always recover before they reach me.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I gotta say, my experiences only occured while the trying of or remembrance of astral travelling were occuring in my life.

these days, or rather days up until about a year ago, i own sleep paralysis. the satisfaction of lifting my arm onto my body while under pressure brought me great satisfaction, if ya know what i mean.

it went away, to sum it up, after i conqured it.

so in my mind, it's a test. you gotta pass it a few times.

get angry

"this is my body, and i'll be damned if"......

do whatever you gotta do not to be damned, if you know what i mean.

my sister's in a mental instituation right now....dunno why i wanted to say that..she says everything turns to black...told my mom i was her only comfort...never told this to anyone...not changing th subject but what i'm saying is maybe i'm onto something i don't quite understand.

the answer is absolutely owning whomever challenges control over your body and humiliating them in their attempt, whether it be from you own mind or from the boodyman.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
I've lost count of the number of sleep paralysis episodes I have had over the years. They usually involve me waking up, not being able to move, but although it is dark in the room, I can see everything clearly in black and white. Often I see one or more black figures coming towards me. I panic, but always recover before they reach me.

I notice many people with sleep paralysis see these two shadow ghost images, hatman and the monk looking ghosts. Charles Dickens was well known to have sleep paralysis. its funny how in the movie A Christmas Carol, the ghost of the future looks just like the shadow monk looking spirit.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've had it, on and off, for years. I found that the best cure is a regular sleep pattern. I had the same shadowy black figure in the vicinity of my bed as described by others. The shower glass description is very accurate to my experiences. There was often a feeling of dark malevolence. At times I'd fight the SP with incredible fury to attack the 'figure.' I hated it right back. It felt like to lose would be to die. At other times the figure/s has been a washed out blue color.

I know they're just creations of a subconscious in conflict with the shutdown of physical consciousness. REM sleep gets activated before all systems are safely shut down. No paranormal freakyness. No alien abduction spookyness. Although never pleasant, on one level, the experience allows the 'sufferer' to know how they'd react in an extreme, profound situation. In a 'virtual reality,' I've fought for my 'soul' against 'evil' and won. It also provides valuable insights into the claims of 'Old Hag' syndrome. Sleep paralysis is only a recent term for something that has likely occurred for 1000s of years. A lot of paranormal legends will be an outcome of a SP experience without the knowledge to explain it accurately...of the explanations available, sleep paralysis is the one that's tested and proven.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
They usually involve me waking up, not being able to move, but although it is dark in the room, I can see everything clearly in black and white.

I had it three times last night, fun stuff, always one after the other. I don't believe I've ever seen an entity in the probably thousand times it happened, but seeing the room in black in white is fairly common for me. I always wish I had a videotape to see if my eyes were open but I merely was not aware or lucid enough to perceive it as clearly as a waking moment. I also experience another type of vision in which everything is mostly white, very low contrast, I can see outlines of everything. For instance, I could see the outline of an entertainment center, an outline of the tv inside, one of the wall, the couch behind the wall, the next wall, and so on. It sounds like it would look jumbled but it was incredibly ordered and easy to focus. That's more rare but I assume it's some how related.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes I've had SP about three times but my question is, if this is just the result of images in our minds, then why are most encounters with shadow people look the same. ususally hatman or the grim weaper one? it clearly doesn't make sense. how could everyone with sp that encounter apparitions see onlt these two apparitions, why not a man on a horse or a woman. it just seems like theres more to this then our minds causing these images.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i think summing this up to some sort of sleep disorder is overlooking the "coincidence" that the figure is always described the same or similar in all of these stories. the experiences are alike, very strange. i wonder why this happens to some and not others. is there supposed to be a message, warning or is this just perhaps our bodies way of telling us something. if it were simply that we are waking up before our bodies, why the horrifying experience and whats the significance of the "demon/ hag/ witch"?? the fear was overwhelming in my experiences and i felt like my life was in danger from this thing. have not had this happen in a few years, thankfully. i was going through a lot of emotional drama the last time...wonder if this is relevant. ive heard "it" attacks the emotionally drained.... keep the stories coming, i think this is a great thread!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What else is strange is that many people without SP have reported these ghosts, shadow people, shadow ghosts. shadow creatures ect. it almost seems as if SP or the subconcous mind lets you see these ghosts.

Just look at some of the reports
Shadow People

Shadow Ghosts

Shadow Ghosts Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have had SP since I was a boy. Keeping it short I will just describe the presences that are involved:

- an adult woman with white hair that reaches for me (once I actually fell off the bed in a situation where I was feeling myself being pulled by her) and screams that I can only describe as the loudest screams I have ever heard in my life (painfully loud to the point that I get headaches from hearing them).

- an adult man that seems to take pleasure in causing fear whether by attacking furniture (I will hear the furniture crack), choking me or whispering in my ear words I can't understand (they sound dragged out as if they were being said in slow motion but so realistic that I even feel the whisper's breath against my ear).

Often both are present at the same time but the woman always goes extremely silent as if as terrified as me when the male presence is around.

Hope that adds to your research kiwifoot

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oddly enough, as mentioned in the above response I saw a man wearing a hat....and a cloaked man appeared in my television screen. They were both trying not to be seen by me after I awoke. If anyone knows why these two beings are seen please let me know, I am curious as to why these figures are so prominant in sleep paralysis.

Also, I did not feel as though I was being held down by a singular being, but rather about 200 smaller beings with strings tied across my body from the neck down. Strange huh?

Similiar occurences/info much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've posted about my experience before but here it is for anyone who hasn't read about it. This was the first and only episode of sleep paralysis I've ever had. It happened not too long ago.

On one of the first nights I was studying OBEs I got sleep paralysis for the first time in my life. I was lying under the sheets with my arm stuck out the side of the bed, but I could still see through the duvet and the room appeared slightly brighter than it usually is at night; I could see the curtains, end of the bed and the walls. When I was aware of what was going on I saw, and sensed a female humanoid figure come through the ceiling, go around my bed and grab onto my exposed wrist with both her hands. She started to pull at me, pulling me upwards. She had a slightly foggy appearance but I could make out that it was a female with a slightly built frame, long blond wavy hair, and was wearing some kind of one or two piece outfit that came in at the ankles and wrists, like they hand elastic bands at the ends. It wasn't tight fitting, slightly baggy. I couldn't make out her facial features. See seemed familiar to me, somehow.

One of the reasons I'm asking is because of the clothing this being was wearing. It was a one piece garment that came in at the wrists and ankles, like elastic cuffs, and I could see a belt or something like it around her waist. Also her hair, long and blonde. Anyone who has apparently had contact with humanoid ETs or "nordics" describes them this way. I also think I could have seen these details because that's what I expected a female human ET to look like, you know what they say about thought being very powerful in the astral.

Now I'm not convinced sleep paralysis is always a brain issue, and I don't believe that all the beings people see are hallucinations. Anyway I explained that in another thread.

So that's what I saw

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I have experienced sleep paralysis a few times since i was about 12. Yet i encounted the "shadow figure" 3 times within a year when i was in my twenties. He was about 6ft and but had no detail on him, jsut a blurred outline. One one of thoses visits, it came towards me and grabbed my ankle and dragged me about 2ft down the bed and lifted the corner of the sheets back. When i was able to move again i actually was down the bed and the sheets were pulled back so it seemed real. Dam scary too.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
the creepy idea is what if someone doesnt fight the felling of getting choked, under pressure, being overwhelmed with fear, fight the paralysis? what if this is a spiritual battle? you vs evil, you react you win, you let yourself go you lose, many people die on their sleep... what if its linked?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've quite a few, I just post two of the more memorable ones.

the first one I ever had - I was lying on my back and felt the pressure on my chest not been able to move or talk i could see out of the corner of my eye a black figure kind of troll like with a hat on, weird and scary , I could also hear the foot steps. As it was my first experience I was scared S***less -

The weirdest one I have had was when I could see 3 pairs of hands pulling off my quilt, scary part was that I could actually see and feel the quilt been pulled off - ofcourse though when I got out of it my quilt was still on top of me.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The three entities i've seen /felt /imagined are:

1st one was a typical dark figure. Tall, man shaped... no features, just completely black like the darkness itself. This i could only see from the corner of my eye.

2nd was a manifestation of my housemate shining a blue light in my face, he was grinning and this was for me the scariest experience. Standing over the top of me. Really menacing.

3rd one was a wolf or dog of some sort, biting my skull. I didn't see this but knew it was behind me. It wasn't painful, just like a heavy pressure.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
had one

starts with whooshing sound increasing every time, sleeping on my stomach, feel presence, feel weight on my back, feel terrible sensation of fear and evil. couldnt speak nor move. duration about 10 minutes that felt like hours. im sure i was conscious cuz i remember myself looking to my alarm clock trough the corner of my eye, thinking what was going on, am i going to die, im so scared, what's this thing on my back.

it was like a struggle good vs evil.odd thing is i prayed mentally to God for help and i was released from evil.the weight on my back was no more, i could move and speak.

makes you think about the phenomenon doesnt it? why have only a scientific explanation. I think there's also a spiritual element to it.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Picollo30]

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Picollo30]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I had sleep paralysis before. It felt like very heavy weights were on my chest and arms. Then when I woke up a saw a shadowy figure for a moment. It's only happened to me once, but scary none the less. It happened when i was sleeping on my back, which I tend to notice causes nightmares too.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I had an incident last night. I rarely get sleep paralysis however I can't say for sure if I was awake or asleep on this one and I tend to think of it as a dream however I've had a prior experience which I deemed life threatening.

So last in bed a presence was holding on to my right arm and I didn't like it. I sleep on the right side of the bed. I became aware of it and attempted to struggle but I believe I was unsuccessful. I did struggle with everything I have however. I don't think I ever opened my eyes but I knew there was a presence there grabbing me. At a later point in the night I had another or the same presence at the foot of the bed grabbing my leg and again attempting to vampire energy away from me.

The funny part was that that time I came to and sat up and tore it's arm off.

I kid you not...

But like I said before, I think it was a dream.

Obsidience

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The first time I had SP was a few years ago, I remember waking up and lying on my left side , the wife was lying next to me, I realised I coudn't move anything except my eyes and my head a little . Out of the corner of my eyes I saw what I can only describe as a small grey hunchbacked figure no taller than 3 feet high, move from my feet end of the bed to behind my back, I tried to call for my wife but all I managed was a croak which wasn't enough to wake her even though she's less than 2 feet away. I fell asleep again but woke a while later in a panic.

The second time was about a year or two later, ( I made a note of the date and the experience and I'll have to dig that book out), this time it happened again, but when I'd lost sight of the smaller figure I became aware at the end of the bed a much larger , almost man sized figure dressed all in shadow, like he was wearing a cloak with a hood pulled up to cover his head, I couldn't see his face or the outline very clearly, but it was clear enough to make out the shoulders and head.

I actually was quite calm this time, and said ( with my mind) as I knew 'calling' with my voice wasn't going to be enough, I said " What brings you here?, I do not welcome this , Begone from my presence", they then disappeared, I feel asleep again, but woke up more aware of my own feelings, and to be honest? I'd like no, I wish it to happen again , so I can explore the experience a bit more , maybe actually try a dialogue with the figures who knows?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Had both the basic hat-man, and the monked robed, altho one of these was dressed in red once. Also a lot of my mother (who has passed away but always ends up turning oddly evil), a strange little girl with a teddy in a plaid dress with horns, odd distorted faces that are about 6' high, but yes mostly the monks, only two hat-men, and both of those I was in bed with someone else at the time.

The monks, I have got very close to, usually most of these things start at the other side of the room or outside the door, strangely near the corners of the room, doorways or cupboards (if you've read some of my previous posts Im a believer that corners/doorways/cupboards can act as gateways there is a lot of lore to support this theory in part). They come as close as the side of the bed, only one I have specifically touched to try and see if it was real, and it felt human, slightly clammy, but human - it had grey skin.

None of mine have had characteristics that I could say were abhuman or inhuman except the occasion glowing eye and all of them respond well to the iron bar treatment (i dont hit them, its supposed to stop things from other dimensions and it works for me, cant come any closer than were they appear - still see them occasionally, but they seem to have difficulty coming closer so have given up).

All of them started as soon as I started reading the bible and trying to be more Christian again, make your own conclusions from that as you wish, I have no opinion on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join