It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I used "AlienSkin BlowUp" in Photoshop to increase the size of this pic....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/14ea080345ec60d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by Jubjub

I see what you're trying to show, but those aren't raindrops from the original picture. You rendered those, correct?

I can make out up to four rain drops on the left hand side of the original pic, but you only need to look at the most prominent drop towards the upper left to see that it is very different from the object on the lower right. It's better to compare the two in in the full view

It just doesn't look like a raindrop to me...at all.

Ok!
Just to make a point I put some water on my finger, flipped it at my kitchen windows and took a photo with my cellphone.
In the first picture you can clearly see the "alien ship" and in the second one it's clear to see that it's just a drop of water.

I guess if I tried a couple more times the drop could look sharper as I'm not really sure what the camera was focusing on - I just took the picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

Very interesting.....

I presume the colour is produced by the reflection/diffraction of the red tile roof.

If so, perhaps that would contribute to the colouring in the object in the op's photo.

Is that what you're thinking?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

It's exactly what I'm thinking.
The OP's ufo is nothing more than the refraction of light from the surrounding area inside a drop on the window.

With such high contrast between the bright sky and the dark mountain the "ufo" will appear darker than in my photos.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
reply to post by Sam60

It's exactly what I'm thinking.
The OP's ufo is nothing more than the refraction of light from the surrounding area inside a drop on the window.

With such high contrast between the bright sky and the dark mountain the "ufo" will appear darker than in my photos.

I agree that makes a lot of sense.

I guess it will be much easier to prove or disprove that when Springer gets the original image examined by his image analysis experts.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This does not make sense to me because the object has the same color pallete as the mountains. It looks like top of the hill peak was cut off and shaped like that.

The one thing that does make it swing towards a UFO is the dark line of pixels that appear around the middle of the object making it more of the traditional disk crafts with the pie pan top and bottom and the seem down the middle.

I am kid of torn on this one.

The perspective seems a little off too.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by epete22
This does not make sense to me because the object has the same color pallete as the mountains. It looks like top of the hill peak was cut off and shaped like that.

The one thing that does make it swing towards a UFO is the dark line of pixels that appear around the middle of the object making it more of the traditional disk crafts with the pie pan top and bottom and the seem down the middle.

I am kid of torn on this one.

The perspective seems a little off too.

It's the colour palette issue that's making me consider the "raindrop" idea, along with the lack of distance hazing.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
No saucer. Seeing a saucer requires alot of interpretation of something that is really just a patch of color that happens to be about the same color as the hills below it. Take note that the other raindrops invert the image like a convex lense. The one where the "saucer" appears is one made up of the hill and the sky turned upside down.

Just a refraction from a raindrop. I see no reason to make more out of it.

My thoughts exactly. It's obviously a raindrop mirroring the top of the hill, which also explains why the shape is more defined than the hills against the sky.
Another case solved.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Raindrop. Gee, I hate things getting solved, when the mystery is so much more interesting, but clearly a raindrop

Great investigation folks!

If only the OP had said she saw the craft with the naked eye, we could have spent more time here...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast
reply to post by StonyJ

Yes I did and because I didnt put the Thread together too well and my lack of computer and camera technology was lacking so I think I killed the thread and no-one else replied. A shame really because it is another really good picture in my opinion.
So yes it is my 2nd Picture of a Ufo in the last month or so and I have seen others in the last few weeks with my own eyes. It's all getting a bit spooky for my liking though and sometime's I wish I didnt have such an interest in ufo's cause it kind of makes one feel slightly bonkers

Oh well I guess they like me!

I just posted on your other thread.
I spotted something on the bell.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
After viewing the blown up image from the person using "Alienskin" it does become quite clearer that the bottom of the drop reflects the darkness and even a somewhat reflection of the mountain as well as the top of the drop reflecting the lighter shade of the sky above it, and the middle of the drop a blend of the shade of both of them. Great observation from from the observer who posted the raindrop splatter above the rooftop.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
checked it out, its a water droplet on the window quite obvious really. similar to many other rain drops on windows. Sorry

Water droplet? Idiot!!! Get to specsavers immediately!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
checked it out, its a water droplet on the window quite obvious really. similar to many other rain drops on windows. Sorry

Water droplet? Idiot!!! Get to specsavers immediately!!!

Seriously....

Have a good read of some of the posts in this thread. There is enough evidence to lend weight to the "raindrop" theory.

However I certainly don't think we can be certain about anything until we see the analysis & commentary from Springer's image experts.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I'm with the raindrop theory as well, i've played about with this pic for quite a bit and applied numerous filters and theres nothing to suggest it being anything other than natural.
It's so easy to get carried away by an image such as the one in question and tbh i dont think images such as this can ever be 100% identified.It can be fun trying though

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
There are some excellent idea's as to what this picture contains, the idea of the water drop for me seems most likely. The visual data in the waterdrop would be morphed in shape due to the refraction of the shape of the drop.

It also does seem strange that there's obvious movement blurring to almost everything bar the object.

But all this is pointless unless a raw image of the photo is supplied, obviously it won't help people's thoughts when the initial reply is 'I can't get it off the camera' which will scream fake to the crowd.

I truly hope Beauty can get the image off or at worst get the camera sent to Springer for it to be worked on, that would help loads.

I personally think this is going to end up in the 'no idea' pile but the nice thing is that it's given Beauty a real high and she was there with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I cropped the '' ufo/disc'' and i gave it edge boost and detail boost.
From my point of view, the disc seems to not have the perfect edges.
I think that whoever made this UFO, didn't quite take a look at his work :
,or it's a rain drop, as many of you have concluded.
The object seems to be a large one, and it has a dark color. It would have been very easy for the OP to spot it.
....and shouldn't the object reflect some light ?

oh...yes the crop that i boosted

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

Nice on the multiple methods of duplication.

The depth of field of the lense will affect whether or not the foreground and background are both in focus. A tiny cellphone cam may be like those old "insta-matic" cameras that are always focused at infinity thus giving sharp images at all distances, unless the image is too close.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
open the window before taking shots otherwise all sorts of debris and drops and bird poop bits will show up that you never noticed.

anyway, it is a raindrop on the window by the looks of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
UFO sightings are huge in snowdonia, I was followed by something for over an hour in my parents car when I was younger. They were scared to death. It was huge!!! On the news that night there were loads of reports.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
To the OP:

Have you considered the possibility that the object in question is the canopy of a parachute,side on?

The reason say this is there are groups of folks who get strapped into parachutes on those mountains to catch thermals-in order to ride the thermals,they corkscrew upwards,and the riders can sometimes be hidden from view(as the chute is side on to the viewer).

Its possible that at the moment you took the picture,a parachutist was in that side on position from your viewpoint.

The object evn seems to have hints at the seems those types of parachutes have.

Imagine this,side on,with the pilot? occluded by the canopy,as he spins in an upward circular motion,riding the wind:

www.phototravels.net...

I have to say though,I have never seen a parachute of that colour-they are usually bright colours(like in the above pic).
Maybe you could find out from the locals if anyone was parachuting in that area on that day.
Side note:My sister and her friends were camping in that very area about 12 years ago and they witnessed a classic 'triangle' UFO,complete with central light,and low throbbing buzzing sound.

I put that down to a secret aircraft been tested,as Snowdonia would be a good place to test stuff out...Who knows though?

Good picture anyhow,hope you get to the bottom of it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join