It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disk Shaped UFO Over Snowdonia 24/07/2009

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Could you upload the original photo without editing it first?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I also see the shadow below the Disk and disturbance around the craft!

I wonder what it was doing up there?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Munro_DreadGod

munro check the 2nd pic in this thread, you can't see the object in the first pic, that is definitely not raindrop on window in the second pic

right click on original pic and view photo, the right side of the rest of the pic shows up

[edit on 25-7-2009 by research100]

[edit on 25-7-2009 by research100]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

I already have, if you go to my profile, then my pics you can look there or you could look through this thread, it is in here somewhere

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Interesting thread, and i have to add this to it just so its published somewhere, it seems somewhat linked, however i have no photographic or second party witnesses (the worst scenario).
today (25Th July) i flew from Tenerife to London Gatwick, departing at 1:30.
At around 4:30, while looking out of my passenger window on the Easterly side of the plane, looking over Northern France, I saw a white disc, flying at what seemed faster speed than a plane, in the opposite direction to the plane ( North-West).
The object was higher than the visible clouds, proving it was airborne, but lower than the plane, which its exact height at the time i didn't get, but a simple search will answer the question.
The object was bright white, and at first i assumed was a plane, as I'm aware a moving object can create a blurred appearance, however it had no visible wings or tail.
I am purely posting this to document the sighting, in case someone else can come forward with a sighting.
It is also relevant to the post, because of its relatively close proximity to Snowdonia ( Wales and Northern France )
IF anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer, and hoping this may add to the photo's reliability.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
I'm a huge believer in UFO's and have seen weird flying stuff a couple of times. However the UFO in this image, I'm sorry to say, is nothing more than a raindrop. (And yes, I'm looking at the big picture all the way out to the right)

Is there anyone who can provide photographic evidence that would corroborate the theory that this black saucer shaped object is in fact a raindrop on the window?

I mean, there's already a raindrop on that window and it looks nothing like the object in question.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

could it be aurora?

there are photos and diagrams available
EXOTIC PROPULSION AIRCRAFT
While the depiction of an Aurora aircraft seems consistent with the confines of present technological imagination, other SR-71 follow-on prognosticators suggest more alien craft. Aviation Week & Space Technology has proposed a current black aircraft that is something akin to a 1960s Sci-Fi concept. They depict an elongated diamond shaped vehicle (one hesitates to call it an aircraft) similar to a "flattened football." The airframe's dimensions might be 110 x 69 feet. Due to intense heat, the vehicle would have a heat-streaked appearance similar to that of the space shuttle. Contrary to intuition, the aft body would appear distinctly more pockmarked than the fore sections, as if the most intense heat was experienced in this region.

This vehicle would have a dual propulsion system. Jet engines buried in the fuselage would propel the vehicle to supersonic speeds, when a novel external burning mechanism would take control as the fundamental propulsion method:

"In the high Mach regime, misted fuel is ejected from the fuselage midsection -- the 'break point' of the elongated diamond -- across the aft surface tiles, into the area between the fuselage and a shock wave attacked to this break. In essence, the sloping, converging aft fuselage sections form the inside of a 'nozzle' and the shock boundary constitutes the outer surface, creating an expanding exhaust effect, much like that on a conventional rocket. The fuel is ignited by surface heating -- or other means -- creating combustion that accelerates the aircraft up to the Mach 6-8 regime."

Eliminating the human life-support requirements at Mach 8, this flaming, hypersonic pumpkin seed would be unmanned and capable of on-board self- control. This vehicle would be as destructive as it is unusual. A payload of 120- odd nuclear weapons would be dispensed as the flaming stone skipped across enemy skies.

The Public Record
The technical and trade press literature includes a number of references to exotic propulsion concepts that may find application in advanced military aircraft. These include pulsed detonation engines, external combustion engines, and waveriding aerodynamics.

Pulsed detonation engines, also referred to as pulsed detonation wave engines:

"... use a shock wave created in a detonation -- an explosion that propagates supersonically -- to compress a fuel-oxidizer mixture prior to combustion, similar to supersonic inlets that make use of external and internal shock wave for pressurization."

Although early experimental work was conducted on such propulsion concepts in the 1940s, a recent review noted:

"... there has been no previously reported use of PDE devices in any past or recent flight vehicle."

"External propulsion," like the "flaming pumpkin seed" mentioned previously, is another hypersonic propulsion technique currently being actively explored. During the 1950s and 1960s research began on exotic external-combustion propulsion systems. An aircraft would achieve hypersonic flight by pumping fuel from its midsection into a cone of air bounded by its shock wave. Interest in this technique continues.

"NASA said yesterday it wants to modify one of its three newly acquired SR-71A Blackbirds to prove the concept of burning hydrogen fuel outside an engine's exhaust nozzles to improve overall flight efficiency....explore a key propulsion concept for the X-30 National Aerospace Plane known as external burning....Engineers want to inject hydrogen fuel into the air stream under the NASP's engines and ignite it to increase pressure near the nozzles and reduce drag....and fly at speeds up to Mach 3."

Another exotic propulsion technique is "waveriding," in which a vehicle's shock wave remains attached to the leading edge of the aircraft's body in hypersonic flight. This makes it appear that the aircraft is riding its own shockwave. It has been reported that at least one aerospace corporation has developed and is marketing a concept for an unmanned hypersonic vehicle that is designed to operate at speeds around Mach 10 or higher.

External Combustion Pulse Detonation Engine Aircraft

Budget and Financial Data
The previous budget analysis pertaining to Aurora is also applicable to the Exotic Propulsion Aircraft. However, while the $1.5 billion appropriated for the Special Update Program is consistent with an effort to develop and test a single high-speed high-altitude aircraft, it is far from clear that this amount would support more than one such effort. It may also be questioned whether decision-makers would choose to carry more than one competing propulsion concept to the prototype flight stage of development.

Thus while budgetary considerations render plausible the existence of test prototypes of either Aurora or a more advanced Exotic Propulsion Aircraft, the simultaneous existence of both is much less plausible. Budget and financial data do not discriminate between the relative plausibility of these two classes of vehicles.

Observer Reports

Copyright © William Telzerow, photographed 11/10/2006

[For some critical commentary on the significance of unusual contrail sightings, see Chris Johnson's Partial Perspective Vortex.]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Both images you posted are missing a lot of exif data. Nokia N95 does save the data to the photo. When you edit the photo the data is deleted.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubjub
I'm a huge believer in UFO's and have seen weird flying stuff a couple of times. However the UFO in this image, I'm sorry to say, is nothing more than a raindrop. (And yes, I'm looking at the big picture all the way out to the right)

The raindrop perfectly reflects the background. The bottom part of the drop reflects the white sky (and seamlessly blends into the background), and the top part reflects the mountain (following the shape of the drop).
This also explains why you didn't notice it when you first took the picture.

Sorry about it - I hope you really DO see a real one some day

(I work with vfx and cg on a daily basis, so I'm usually fast to figure out image anomalies - and hoaxes off course.)

I thought of this too.
But I am not so sure. There are quite some similarities and the "image" in the rain drop would be somewhat distorted. Made a gif just to see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/614863fd7f62e282.gif[/atsimg]

But this not entirely convincing. The shape of the ufo fit into most mountain tops. But the image ExPo posted makes me doubt that this is a raindrop reflection effect.

EDIT: Replace the GIF with a new one with more work on it.
And from this I can't really say it is a reflection... But again. reflections in a raindrop is always distorted.

I will call this a UFO still. I am not convinced.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skycopilot

I suppose this is a possibility, Im not too knowlegable on the Aurora but good question!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepare4it777
Me and my friends found this guy outside earlier around those same mountains.

Sorry if our fashion sense is a little outdated.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by prepare4it777]

Indeed that is strange, I mean he is the only one wearing a hat!

Good find!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
not sure how to upload a picture in this space, nor can I find any instructions.

But, I did zoom in the object and it appears to be "blimp like". Or it could possibly be a drone of some sort.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by allclear]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Both images you posted are missing a lot of exif data. Nokia N95 does save the data to the photo. When you edit the photo the data is deleted.

What do you mean? Why is the EXIF data important? Please explain because I dont know. Thankyou

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e699df0e8d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Posting again in case anyone missed the zoomed in photo. OP is unable to post the image on original posting.

Kind of looks like this one, don't it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0682cf157650.jpg[/atsimg]

This image was taken by Carlos Diaz. There's no telling whether this one was authentic or not but the similarity to the zoomed in OP pic is pretty uncanny.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So very interesting that this is the SECOND thread started by the OP this month that a random picture happened to capture a "UFO"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beauty_HairyBeast

Originally posted by DGFenrir

What do you mean? Why is the EXIF data important? Please explain because I dont know. Thankyou

As someone already mentioned the exif data has all the info about the settings and the camera that the photo was taken with. If that data is missing then the photo has been edited.

Without this data your photo is worthless..

[edit on 25/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StonyJ

Yes I did and because I didnt put the Thread together too well and my lack of computer and camera technology was lacking so I think I killed the thread and no-one else replied. A shame really because it is another really good picture in my opinion.
So yes it is my 2nd Picture of a Ufo in the last month or so and I have seen others in the last few weeks with my own eyes. It's all getting a bit spooky for my liking though and sometime's I wish I didnt have such an interest in ufo's cause it kind of makes one feel slightly bonkers

Oh well I guess they like me!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Well I can tell you that the camera is on automatic flash, it was a Nokia N95.
Thats all I know, damn!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e699df0e8d1.jpg[/atsimg]

Posting again in case anyone missed the zoomed in photo. OP is unable to post the image on original posting.

Kind of looks like this one, don't it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0682cf157650.jpg[/atsimg]

This image was taken by Carlos Diaz. There's no telling whether this one was authentic or not but the similarity to the zoomed in OP pic is pretty uncanny.

Yes it does look a bit like mine, good find

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Great find, I hope you don't mind that it is saved on my computer?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join