It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are NO Conspiracies! "They" Just Want Us To Think There Are.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
okay...it's supposed to be funny...but what if there were a conspiracy to make us think conspiracies are everywhere. If there is, they sure got me...hence my membership here. Feel free to chime in.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
life is a conspiracy lol thats what is so enjoyable about it

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The word "conspiracy" implies that only a few are aware and keep that information from everyone else. I think you are right though, there are no conspiracies. There are a lot of unanswered questions, that the status quo refuses to answer. So in effect this allows someone to place a theory (that is unanswered) in the category as "conspiracy." Failure to answer pertinent information in investigations of any sort, including the opposite side of an argument, is the biggest fraud but isn't a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Seriously...of course there are conspiracies. I was merely being clever and ironic and witty and thought provoking when I started the thread. But really there are conspiracies and they are intertwined and traced back to powers and principalities in high places. (see The Bible)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

I think I almost understand what you mean.
Really.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just like beauty, it's the beholder who defines whether something is a conspiracy theory.

For instance.

I think the following is a Conspiracy Theory: "19 men, originating from caves in Afghanistan, hi jacked planes, managed to have Norad stand down, then after attacking two world class sky scrapers, managed to then attack the most heavily defended building on planet earth. They then some how managed to plant an estimated 10-100 tons of thermite, to completely level the two buildings their planes hit. Then through faith filled praying to Allah about death to the infidels, they made WTC 7 fall into it's pad at near free fall. They then made a plane disappear in shanksville, leaving only tiny pieces. They were also able to suspend the laws of physics, and able to make a plane vaporize. And they were able to fix all the damage that their 757 did with it's wings, engines and vertical stabilizer to the exterior of the pentagon.. right before it vaporized itself..."

Yet, tens of millions of Americans call this the official story!

See, it's all in the eyes of the beholder.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by king9072]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Actually sometimes I wonder about that possibility too, but then again isn't that also considered a conspiracy on its own.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's not a conspiracy anymore.

Most 'conspiracies' are indeed fact at this point in time.

UFOs.
9/11.
Underground bases.
Secret governments.

The list goes on and on.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

The people who want to know the truth do like us here at ATS. Some are afraid to know.
And of course "they" try to keep us so busy just trying to survive most don't have the luxury of caring.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Yes...but still, what if for example, we of course know 9-11 could very likely have been an inside job AND "they" want those of us who have a tendency to believe conspiracy theories to know it was an inside job and be ridiculed for believing the truth?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The point being of course if we nut case conspiracy theorists believe it...it can't possibly be true.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by star in a jar

Yes...but still, what if for example, we of course know 9-11 could very likely have been an inside job AND "they" want those of us who have a tendency to believe conspiracy theories to know it was an inside job and be ridiculed for believing the truth?

Just like the official story, you are trying to say that we should ignore where the majority of the evidence points? Cause of ridicule?

Even if the truth is only known to one person, it's still the truth. No matter how crazy the ignorant opposition makes them seem.

top topics

join