It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You UFO people are all mad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thanks for all the reply’s

Especially

Blaine91555

Wow you’ve seen a UFO!?!?
You are so lucky... I’ve never seen anything I can’t explain. Although I do live near a major city so at night we suffer badly from light pollution. I can barely see the stars... however, a few days ago we had a massive black out that affected a huge area of where i live (Kent England) and for the first time in ages a got a good view of the night sky... even got to see a shooting star

Akezzon

Thanks Akezzon... I will continue with this research. To be honest ive never really paid too much attention to UFO’s (even though i am a massive scfi fan) simply because it’s never affected me directly. But during the blackout (that I mentioned in my reply to Blaine91555) i was listening to our local talk radio station (using batteries) and the host of the talk show started saying that he was getting lots of reports coming in regarding the sighting of UFO’s in Streatham. I now believe that the radio station was probably the victim of a hoax... but it got me thinking and since then I’ve watched a few documentaries and checkout a few websites. To be honest what i have discovered has REALLY got me thinking. There is some strange stuff going on out there.
Check out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BaronVonGodzilla

Seriously, i was joking about UFO people being mad

Thanks for a great reply that was well constructed.
The stuff about USO’s is also something i will be looking into, fascinating stuff. What amazes me is that Russia, a country long believed by the west to be secretive and insular, seems to be one of the most open minded and free with information regarding this subject.

I like the idea of UFO’s being probes too... I’ve never considered that but it makes a lot of sense. Who are we to think that Alien’s would care if we see their probes or not? I guess it would be a bit like those TV nature programmes where a film crew will place a camera in an ants nest. Who cares if the ants see it or not... they don’t know what it is and for the most part they carry on with their lives as normal.

Thanks for the flag and star my friend

Xtraeme

Thanks for the reply and all the links you have provided

I don’t have the time right now to check them all out but over the next few days i will definitely be having a read.

You’re still all mad... the only difference now is I’ve joined you in being mad HAHA
(That was a joke!!)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Dear Muckster, I recommend you watch this video:

This is the best proof yet, and I believe in it, specially because this was investigated by the famous ufologist "Jaime Maussan" (lol sorry but I respect him) and also you can see the aliens inside the ships!!!. The credits belong to Yalcin Yalman, a common man from Turkey, who filmed this ships between 2007 and 2009. The quality is simple amazing and you need to be too sceptic to denied this inminent reality.

So let me know what you think and remember that all depends of you. Peace...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by gregorymendoza]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Up until 1986 I was where a lot of people still are, an interested open-minded skeptic on the topic of UFOs. Well until that year when I had my own sighting of one and knowing what the community response to such tales was I said nothing about it for a long long time. For some weeks after that sighting I kept an eye/ear on newspapers, TV, radio etc etc to see if any others had reported it but never ever saw any reports so just kept silent about it. It was a large triangular object btw. I wasn't actively looking for UFOs at the time - it was a chance sighting while trying to get a glimpse of Halleys comet as it was leaving the inner solar system.

That same attitude to UFO observers still exists here today and I'd never be the one to call the press even now which is likely the reason that no-one else reported it back then (forever branded a loony or worse).

So I don't doubt the existence of UFOs - aliens is another matter though and I still need something concrete 1st hand to sway me on that.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here's my issue with all of this. I'm all for aliens, extra dimensional travelers, time travelers or what have you existing. The problem is most of the images produced are blurry little dots on a screen or highly detailed fakes. Not all the images but most.

Now as a Biologist something bothers me deeply about the whole "aliens" thing. First of all most of them have two arms, two legs, a head, forward facing eyes and fingers. Some sort of mouth or nose etc. This was convenient back in the golden age of scifi because it was cheap to make an alien this way for TV shows.

However those fingers, those forward facing eyes and body structure SCREAM ape. Why is it all the aliens I ever hear described right down to the reptilians all have pretty much an ape body structure? Is it a requirement for a species to gain a brain that first they have to act like a monkey and be adapted for swinging through trees? Those forward facing eyes are a distance judging device for moving through trees. Those twisting wrists of ours are for twisting on branches, etc.

Also why is it these images, with all the DSLR, ultra cameras going around nowadays are all motion blurred or very dark? Not many actually have any detail of what is being seen in most cases.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Chompstomp]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Chompstomp

Forward facing eyes are the hallmark of a predator in our world's biology which could be the case in other-worldly ecosystems if there are any. It is indeed interesting that most portayals of intelligent alien life are generally humanoid (upright bipedal, hands, fingers etc)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I am a Christian and I can assure you can find many answers to UFOs and their occupants in the Holy Bible and with our current scientific and historical knowledge.

The Holy Bible teaches not only the way to live, but also holds many scientific wonders. All you need to do is have an open mind.The great miracles are indeed scientific miracles to us.With knowledge they have mastered even the soul.

It's sad how the Church has been divided. In the years to come the Church will be restored to how it was.That is why when the Rapture of the Church will be is not known.He is waiting for the Church to be restored.To immortal beings,time is nothing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
you have to start somewhere, like some of the guys have said i reckon the first stage is acceptance in your own mind, that something else could be out there. after that the knowledge is unltimed, i see people everyday who i view as just plain ignorant. its a fact that ufo's exist, there's more evidence than there is of a 'god' so how are priests not mental or seeing things off drugs eh? good post tho ime glad more and more people are awakening

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chompstomp

I agree about anthropomorphic aliens. Unless there turns out to be a limited number of physical configurations for intelligent life capable of complex organisation, it seems many popular depictions of aliens are often (but not always) distinctly anthropomorphic, and that's probably inaccurate.

With regards of quality of video I think it's often that people buy equipment without any idea of how to use it. It's extremely depressing that people often try to deduce things like the shape of an aircraft or object from out of focus, digitally zoomed & interpolated video. There are some valid excuses.

Filming at night is a bitch for autofocus. It'd be better for people to use manual focus, but most consumer level equipment is auto-focus, auto-exposure, so people are limited by that.

The size of the CCD or CMOS sensor in most consumer level equipment is not ideal for filming at night. Generally, the larger the surface area of the sensor, the better it is at gathering light. Which is why many pro cameras are now using full-frame and medium format sensors to improve performance in low light.

Most digital compact cameras and camera phones have tiny sensors, which means (in poor light) the available light produces weak signals which have to be amplified by a signal amplifier. Because of the amount of amplification any digital noise produced by the sensor is pronounced. The same thing applies to larger cameras, but to a lesser degree as the size of the sensor increases.

So noisy and out focus videos of things at night, and even during the day, aren't necessarily just down to people not knowing how to use their equipment. In some cases it's fundamental limits of things like camera zoom. When they've gone past the limit of their camera's optical zoom and moved into digital zoom, leading to all kinds of digital muddying of the water.

I've come to the conclusion that many people would rather not know their equipment recorded something mundane, don't want a technical explanation; would rather put a funky synth soundtrack over the video, put it on YouTube and make people like me facepalm.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

When one really starts to apply logic to UFOs, the results can mean changing a major perceptive on the subject.

I often ask myself questions as to why the military would fly a top secret huge boomerang shaped craft so that thousands of people can see it in the Phoenix area.

Many other questions start to come up during other cases, like why is the radar confirmation of an unknown object at Pease AFB during the Betty and Barney Hill case ignored by skeptics and debunkers? And when they do try to answer, it is because the radar was not working properly (at a nuclear ready base, the radar system did not work).

Logic can also be ruled to question other cases and come up with answers some believers do not like. Why did Sgt Penniston of the Rendlesham Forest incident write in the original report that he was 150 feet from the object and no where near it to touch it like he says now?

It is a two way street, that logic.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by lagenese

Er... ok...

did you read my post?

I dont think any of these "Kids" have actually read your post. I said kids because it seems that most of the people around here now are a bunch of immature juveniles who dont really think logically about this stuff and just jump to conclusions as they have in this thread.

I'm glad your starting to see through the BS thats been layed out in front of us our entire lives. I was in a similar situation as you a few years ago and although I didnt doubt the UFO's and ET's, I thought that the majority of the witnesses were like you said, "crackpots" until I started to look into it for my own amusment and interest. I soon found out that there was A LOT more to all of this then I had ever immagined. My best advice is to take everything you read and hear with a grain of salt but you'll eventually start to get the feel of what evidence is creditable and what's not. There are some very disturbing testimonies out from people such as Bob Lazar, phil schnieder(sp) and a few others which i tend to believe are telling the truth more than lying. There are also a few PDF's floating around such terra papers, and something I just recently read, the Ingo Swan penetration book. You can find all of this stuff on the site and I would highly reccomend wich both I would highky reccomend reading into.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
All i have to say is "Sanity is Madness put to good use!"

None of this can be proven nor disproven. Seems like another debunker v. believer duke it out thread. God knows we have enough of those already!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
You UFO people are all mad... There is no proof of UFO's except a few grainy photos and the statement of a few crack pots!!!

Well... that’s what I used to think

I used to avoid UFO forums and websites like the plague...

Skeptical Ed: "That I can understand! I've been attending UFO forums since the '90s and they draw individuals who are not the sharpest tacks in the box so I would guess that 7 out of 10 are going to be believers who don't require evidence and scoff at skeptics."

But i have been looking into this subject recently... and the more I look, the more interesting it gets. There are thousands of witness statements from all walks of life and some of the footage I have seen (especially from Russia and Mexico for some odd reason) is very convincing.

Skeptical Ed: "Yes, but don't accept everything you see as real because CGI UFOs is now the hot trend."

Now I’m not saying that i am fully on board with the whole ET thing (yet)... i don’t think that the evidence is strong enough (in my mind) to say for sure one way or the other. Travellers from the future? ET's? Experimental aircraft? Who knows... But there is defiantly something going on that can’t simply be put down to Chinese lanterns or over active imaginations... and it seems that there is a surge in sightings at the moment.

Skeptical Ed: "The ET "thing" is, so far, in the mind of believers since not a single event has been supported by evidence regardless of what you hear, read, or see. One has to wonder what or who may be piloting UFOs if, indeed, they are craft but so far no one has come up with convincing evidence."

Anyway... just wanted to say sorry for pre judging all you UFO believers and I would like raise some points and ask some questions...

Skeptical Ed: "One should always keep an open mind about everything until the evidence brings into the realm of reality."

1) Location

As I just mentioned, there seems to be a lot of activity around Russia and Mexico... do any of you guys have theories as to why this is?

Skeptical Ed: "I've always wondered about this myself."

2) Black Projects

For those of you who believe that it is experimental aircraft (black projects) how do you explain the sightings over majors city’s and the harassment of airliners?

Skeptical Ed: "I'm not an accepter of real UFOs being anything connected with humans. All human-made aircraft require wings, except for blimps and helicopters. If it has wings, it's ours."

3) ET’s reason

To those of you who believe it is in fact ET's... Do you think that they are trying to send a message or do you believe they are trying to just watch us covertly?? Because either way I don’t think they are doing a good job. If they are trying to send a message you would think that beings able to traverse the vast distance of space would have communication skills more advanced than a bit of weaving and bobbing in the sky. And if they are trying to be covert... well that one speaks for itself. Or, maybe there is a completely different reason for them being here that we haven’t thought of or considered!!

Skeptical Ed: "I don't consider UFOs a product of ETs. UFOs do not behave as if the occupants, if any, give a flying f__k about humans. They're blatant!"

4) Abduction

I heard that some scientist have put many of the Alien abduction story’s down to sleep disorders such as sleep paralysis... what do you guys make of this? Personally i don’t buy it because I have suffered from sleep paralysis a few times in the past and it was nothing like being abducted and probed... Very weird and a bit scary, but nothing like what I’ve heard alien abductions are like. However, would aliens with super advanced technology not have mastered the art of non-invasive surgery? Would they really need crude surgical instruments and implants?

Skeptical Ed: "In my opinion, based on 52 years as a UFOlogy enthusiast there is no doubt that alleged abduction stories originate in the minds of the tellers due to many factors, mostly media reports that just perpetuate exponentially."

Forgive me if these questions have been raised before but I’m new to this section of ATS.

Oh... one last thing... i still think some of you are nuts, but then so am i so it’s all good

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
TC has a right to his own opinion i dont care what people believe

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join