It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle - New one is a beauty! 24th July 2009

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Specifically phosphorus.
That is what is radioactive.
And it's usually not too high.My machine 'shows'(clicking) about twice the background on various samples I've tested.Organic bird guano is also a little but much less.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by jfj123

The only problerm with continually using cropcirclemakers.org to prove that all crop circles are faked for personal gain by the artist, is that they themselves say they don't make them all.

That's ok, I didn't think they did make them all. Other groups make them too

Further, don't you think it odd that they freely advertise their services, and regularly ask for money and donations and such, but yet none of the other "circle makers" have?

Actually others have and that info has been posted in this thread.

Think of it this way:
4. Why wouldn't, if circlemakers.org is successful in their efforts to profit, wouldn't the other circle makers follow their model and also collect $

Because it's not always about the money. Some people sell their paintings for money so they can make a living/profit. Others such as myself have been painting for years and have never sold one. Could I? Yes but I don't paint for money.

6. I would think that an artist, one that has gone through the trouble of creating something hundreds of feet large, would want credit -- even more than taking credit would be the desire to NOT have someone else get credit. My point is, not taking credit would be an acceptable answer, but allowing others to take credit? No way.

I have a lot of paintings that nobody has ever seen but I still painted them.

Sorry your logic is a bit flawed
You're too stuck on the material aspect of it. Many of the crop circles are made for the same reason others paint, draw, right poetry, etc..

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Bad analogy and no just because someone imitates a painting, doesn't mean they do it to sell it but some crop circles are actually done for CORPORATE SPONSORS.

Don't you think this is a bit of a stretch since there have been more than 70 circles since April of this year, and not ONE of them is a corporate logo.

Corporate sponsored circles are the exception. And there are more than 70 examples this year alone to show that.

No.
How many artists how are out there that don't directly claim their artwork?
Ever hear of graffiti?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by max.is.awake
Reply to post by DGFenrir

Nazca Lines. The original crop circles.

Please provide evidence that this is indeed the case.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cmdraleon
Greetings ,
This is not only a beautiful Crop Circle but my inner sense is that the 12 represents a connection to the year 2012 .

Yes that's the year the Sony Playstation 4 is coming out ! Go 2012 !!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Edit2:
And have any of the latest crop circles have any exploded nodes? Especially the predicting circles?

[edit on 29/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

[edit on 29/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

This is what makes me laugh. You come to these threads, insult anyone that wants to have a discussion on them, even those people they think they are man made but by a different method and purpose, and you don't have any idea of what we are talking about.

Yes, there have been numerous crop circles, from THIS season, that also have the following anomolies:

-- white "chip" marks (unidentified as of yet)
-- iron particles that were NOT present in the surrounding crop
-- elongated nodes
-- exploded nodes (thought to be from heat)
-- other substances, metallic in nature, but not identified as of yet

Please provide source information including scientific data stating what you're claiming.
If you can't, we must assume what you posted is FALSE.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

Did you see the thread entitled:

Microwave weapon will rain pain from the sky ?
Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out. I'm wondering if this is, in fact, the type of technology that could be used and controlled to make crop circles.

It would explain all of the following:

-- "microwaved" plant nodes
-- extreme heat (I'm trying to find the temp this "beam" registers at. It would have to be upwards of 2500 degrees F. to melt iron -- which was found at a number of circles)

-- ability to make them remotely
-- pictures of balls of light at fields (when the intense heat from the beam hit the ground, it looked in the video from the above thread that there was a "flash") I'm thinking a bigger, longer "flash" would be present if using this beam continuously

Thoughts?

Seems to me if a beam is being used that is "upwards of 2500 degrees" and is hot enough to melt iron, you are not going to have a crop circle, you're going to have toast. And how does a beam make the crops just lay down?

So, my thought is, this simply doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by redwoodjedi

what i dont get is how the artists manage to make these images so perfect when in some cases the ground supporting the crop used to make the formation in is sloped, curved, or otherwise irregular? if it happens SOON enough, it would be a shock to have about 50 or more of them appear all on the some date...would that lend to or detract from the current mistery. if the artisans are other than human, they certainly have an understanding of our appretiation for varios forms of art, but seem to want to leave it a mystery for some reason...what could that reason be?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The design could be an astrological calendar ... it's divided up into 12 sections, that consists of 4 designs occuring 3 times

- 12 houses (signs)
- Center circle is the Sun
- Same sequential order of 4 elements (fire, earth, air and water), repeating 3 times within the 12 month cycle.

Fire.....Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius
Earth.....Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Air.....Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Water....Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

Wouldn't have a clue what the outer circles represent ... maybe it's male and female reproduction

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by plainmike

arrable feilds are gernerally remarkably even - with no sudden elevation shifts - if there was - harvesting machinery would ` bottom out ` causing wastage and damaging the machine

terrain really is not a factor or a problem

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This doesnt look mayan in design! besides if it was mayan it would have a reference to the hanub kab , or a reference to the long count calander.
tzolkin and it has neither !

never the less its very impressive I believe in order for anyone to create this with perfect circles and straight lines would require some nice machinery , there is alot of mathematics behind crop circles .

You should look into the maths of these things to find answers

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yes, but graffittiis not ususally done in wide open areas with cops circling overhead watching.

That is my point: why, once the cops began heavily surveying the area, wouldn't they move to another location?

Why wouldn't they skip a few days, after someone was shot at, until the area "cooled down a bit", and then continue.

This too me seems like rather large risk with very little reward.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I don't know of many artists that create a 500 foot mural on the side of a building and DON'T claim credit or get caught.

You paint in your house. Or outside. On canvas or on paper. If you stood outside of your home, at night, and painted 3 -4 nights a week all within the same area -- I can bet you your neighbors or passerbys would see you after just a few times.

Again, I would have to reiterate that circles have been going on for DECADES, and the fact that there are only 2 groups (3 names) that anyone can consistently name, is way too few for the number of circles that have been made.

In order to avoid prosecution, and continue their art that you all claim is so important to them that they risk arrest, mega fines, and getting shot, why don't they:

-- continue miles and miles away -- where nobody would even be watching or expecting it

-- ever take a break? Don't these people go on vacation -- or take time off -- or do anything that would create a lapse in the circles. They continue at a rate of 2 -4 per week. That seems to be rather a large number.

-- Why don't the newbies get caught? I can see arguing that circle makers that have been doing this for a long time at practiced at avoiding detection, but why wouldn't the ones just starting out get caught? You don't do something perfectly the very first time out. And from what I've seen -- there are no makers being sloppy -- leaving anything behind -- leaving footprints for heaven's sake.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

5. Why would circle makers passively give credit to circlemakers.org (by allowing them to allude to having completed more circles then they'll admit to) Note: they have numerous circles pictured on their site with comments such as: this is beautiful, wow, etc.....but then they have an actual page saying: see what we've done.....and those other "wow" circles are absent.

Here's why the "wow" circles are missing from their claimed circles:
"Don't kill the cash cow!"

Let the myth live!

Seeing as how they say they make them, and sell their services, they are not claiming there is anything mysterious about them. Therefore, they would have no interest in letting the myth live -- they make money by proving there is no myth. Hiding the makers is counterproductive to them taking all of the credit.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I agree with you actually. I just don't understand how a brown glaze, shown to be melted iron, would be wrapped around a plant's node.

Iron melts at 2700 degrees F.

This is what the scientist described as the condition of the plants that were exposed this extreme heat:

One of the biggest contributions to the scientific study of crop
circles has come from the Michigan biophysicist W C Levengood,
who began investigating plants taken from circles in 1990. The
most curious anomalies he has studied are pinhead-sized holes in
plant nodes, the fibrous 'knuckle-like' protuberances found
along the stem. He calls these holes 'expulsion cavities'.
Levengood believes moisture inside the stems is heated rapidly
and turns to steam, in some places stretching the plant fibre,
and in others blowing a hole in the stem. 'It seems to be a
powerful microwave energy that is causing this; it heats from
the inside out. The interesting thing is, these holes occur in a
matter of microseconds.'

Link: www.virtuallystrange.net...

Does this answer the question about why the whole plant wasn't destroyed in the process?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

To the gullible who believe all crop circles are man made, do you also think we are alone in the universe?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I've posted the following much earlier in the this thread but you probably missed it ... so for your benefit rather than anyone elses, here it is again.
I know you're not blinkered into being an "alien did it" or "a bunch of people trampling aound at night in a field, did it" devotee so hopefully you can consider my hypothesis as a probable alternative.

Look, you can go on about these circles being ET or man made until you're blue in the face and still not come up with a satisfactory explanation for how they're made and by whom and why.

But rather than trying to bring aliens or hidden esoteric meaning in to the equation, why not simply step back and try to consider a much simpler and much more rational explanation ... and especially, an explanation that is commensurate with our level of technology and capabilities.

What I'm saying is that these circles are DEFINITELY man made and the following is the simplest explanation that covers everything about how these circles are made and within the timeframe stipulated i.e in just a few short hours. If you accept this explanation, everything about crop circles easily falls into place ... and it makes a heck of a lot more sense than picturing a bunch of people trampling thru fields in the darkness with boards and ropes ... or of aliens hovering in the sky and sending us cryptic messages.

Here's my explanation ...

Looking at crop circles simplistically, there may be a number of ways they MAY have been created but obviously the majority concensus appears to attribute them to either an alien agency or entirely man-made.

I'm going to disregard the alien point of view as there is absolutely NO supporting evidence or even a minimum working theory or hypothesis as to how or even why they would even take the time to do such an activity. Anyone with solid evidence supporting aliens, then here's your opportunity to speak up !

On the other hand, the man-made faction seem to feel that all it takes is a bunch of people working to a design in the middle of the night and using flash lights to create designs of the utmost complexity and beauty. But there is yet another possibility that keeps it within a human made framework, and providing a possible explanation thats still well within human capability.

Now, here's an alternative explanation that simply needs us to do little more than some "outside of the box" lateral thinking.

We know for a fact that a certain major government has/is developing technology based on particle and/or energy and/or laser manipulation for shooting down missiles. (FACT)
We also know that said government also has space capable access e.g. ISS, shuttles, etc. (FACT)

Now put these two facts together and lets posit a very realistic scenario.

Let's say that some of this particle, etc technology has been installed on a space platform. This capability has existed for quite some time and is not flight of fancy or wild imagining ... it's orbiting above our collective heads this very moment. (FACT)

So, this technology is deployed in space and one would tend to imagine that at some point in time there has to be tests conducted ... if only to guarantee that they can target ground based and airborne locations with complete and pinpoint accuracy.... after all, thats one of the selling points behind their design, the fact that collateral damage can be reduced significantly.
You don't simply conduct one test and say, "that's good enough for us" but rather you'd have a schedule of regular tests to conduct to maintain peak weapon performance.

Also, one would assume that these space borne particle, etc based weaponary would be capable of having their power output controlled ... after all, you wouldn't use a sledge hammer to kill a fly if other less severe options were available to you !

So what form would these tests take ? Well, if it was my desicion, I'd simply crank down the power output to a very low and safe level, pick a spot somewhere on the earth below me and also pick a TOTALLY safe and people free location like, let me see ... how about an isolated farm field in the middle of nowhere in the early hours of the morning ! Then to fully test the precision and controlability of the weapon, simply program the controlling computer to create a complex pattern using the weapon on the selected isolated location and easily giving an unambiguous and VISIBLE feedback of the weapons precision.
Now being automated and under computer guidance/control, even the most complex patterns could be created within a very short space of time.

This immediately removes the difficulty of explaining the following points:
- just how a few people can so quickly create complex patterns.
- just how they're able to do this in complete darkness with just flashlights
- just how they can do it without ever being seen
- just how they manage to leave no traces of their presence
- the various anomalies e.g. stalks all bent in a certain direction, etc
- the reason the designs have increased in scale and complexity over the years

However, one major side effect of this scenario is created unintentionally ... a raging debate as to whether aliens created these patterns OR a bunch of people tramping around in the dark and stomping down wheat stalks ... in the meantime the weapons testers/designers are splitting their sides in laughter at us !

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

5. Why would circle makers passively give credit to circlemakers.org (by allowing them to allude to having completed more circles then they'll admit to) Note: they have numerous circles pictured on their site with comments such as: this is beautiful, wow, etc.....but then they have an actual page saying: see what we've done.....and those other "wow" circles are absent.

Here's why the "wow" circles are missing from their claimed circles:
"Don't kill the cash cow!"

Let the myth live!

Seeing as how they say they make them, and sell their services, they are not claiming there is anything mysterious about them. Therefore, they would have no interest in letting the myth live -- they make money by proving there is no myth. Hiding the makers is counterproductive to them taking all of the credit.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

Umm.. No!
Stop making up such bs..

They make money by letting the "phenomena" live. Their circles are explained to be of extraterrestrial origin etc. They sell a few books, they probably know the guys who offer people the flyover tours and maybe farmers too. They all can make money out of this.
And even if they don't make any money it's still an interesting hobby. They enjoy reading the discussions about their crop circles.

It isn't difficult to avoid detection. Remember the link you posted? The camera saw nothing.
If you live in the UK then get yourself some IR goggles or a camera and watch the fields at night.

[edit on 30/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
WoW!!! what a piece of art. i need to go see a crop circle to realy see how big they are.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You would think that the "Aliens" would send some kind of cipher, perhaps it is hidden in the crop circle itself.

What fun is it, if it is too hard to decipher the message.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join