It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle - New one is a beauty! 24th July 2009

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I didn't twist your words at all.

You wrote:

Second, that farm land with the white horse has been the host of MANY crop circles, because THAT FARMER IS IN ON IT. He get's paid to have the crop circles created on his property, and he also charges people for a tour of the crop circles.

The farmer lies to people just to make it more believable.

I can show you 4 different crop circles that have showed up next to that white horse you see on the hill. It's because the guy is in on it.

How many times are you going to repeat that THE FARMER IS IN ON IT and how many times do I have to tell you that it's NOT ONE FARMER.

As you can see, I didn't twist your words at all. However, you corrected your own words and wrote next:

I don't care who the fields belong to. The fact remains, there have been 10+ crop circles all in the same exact locations, and nobody cares to try to film them being made! No "aliens" or "advanced technology" has been filmed.

Suddenly, you no longer care how many fields are involved once I proved it was more than one owner....which disputes your argument that the FARMER has an agreement -- it would have to be an agreement with more than 22 farmers.

Lastly, the field was videotaped as I told you three times. I also told you exactly where to find the footage.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I just realized why you and I seem to be having such a difficult time communicating and understanding each other.

You are using the crop circles appearing AS PROOF that nobody is filming the fields, BUT....

What you don't seem to understand is that people ARE filming the fields, ALL NIGHT, and don't see anything....yet a circle appears at dawn in that very field.

Hence, why it's considered a phenomenon.

Did you get a chance to review the videotape of the field I mentioned?
Here is the videographer's quote:

Just to let you know, that I was covering Eastfield the night/morning that the formation went down ... and had clear view of the field up to 4:15 approximately - after that a fog rolled in very quickly and the field was fog bound until I left, some time after 5 am. I attach two frame grabs from the Milk Hill side of the midfield, looking towards Woodborough. At 3:15, the field was still clear; when a party of Dutch circle visitors arrived at the edge of the field. As you can see from IR cam 3, the field was clear at that time. At 4:18 was the last chance to see the whole field before the fog set in and at 4:25 the Dutch team walked the divider between the two crops in towards the direction of Woodborough to investigate the field - found nothing and returned from the field at 4:36 - as seen here on cam 3. By now, the field was fog bound.

There were a series of interesting phenomena captured on camera, starting at 12:24 am which I am still investigating and studying the footage - more on that later ... but it is fair to say, that it is very exciting. This area of the field was covered by cameras 3 and 4, plus a long exposure still camera - so a we have a good record up until the fog at 4:18.

Link: www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Now that we have concluded that the field was watched, and nobody saw anyone making a circle, will you please work with me on figuring out how these circles are being made remotely?

Many thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That is truly amazing. Every time, when I see a crop circle, it reminds me of the bottom of a UFO.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have seen many crop cirlces in my time, this is one of the finest. I have seen a video of a man making a crop circle and when he was done it looked nothing remotely close the complexity of this one. maybe it is man made...i dont know...either way it is a beautiful creation.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

And where's the video?
This guy has done this before. He only releases a few seconds/stills of his videos.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

I'm assuming we are discussing the same person, but I'm not really sure.

If we are, my understanding is that he only releases minutes of videos and a bunch of stills, because like everyone else, he wants to get paid for his work.

If you read something else, like he's untrustworthy or a proven fraud, please include the links to those sources as I had not heard that before.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

You just totally twisted my words exactly how I expected you to do. It's called straw man tactics... You are caring about something that DOES NOT MATTER, and taking this topic off topic.

You need to learn to read. The main field I was talking about is the field that hosted the crop circle that supposedly "predicted a major solar storm" (it didn't). It is the field directly in front of the White Horse. That specific field is host to many crop circles in the same exact location. Who ever owns that field, I don't care how many own that 1 field, are not doing anything to stop the crop circles, nor are they doing anything to capture who is making them.

The only reason I posted pictures with crop circles on fields next to that one, is to further prove that all these crop circles are happening, and nobody has caught anything on camera. I am pretty sure if they set up a camera, they would film humans making them, and they wouldn't release that video because it would kill their hoax.

You can lie all you want and say they filmed it, but you have zero proof, and showed zero proof.

Now I predict you will show a video with time lapse, a field that is not in front of the white horse, or milk hill. That has been digitally manipulated.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I just realized why you and I seem to be having such a difficult time communicating and understanding each other.

No, I understand you, you just don't understand me.

You are being fooled, and hoaxed, and they got you so good that you are a die-hard believer. It's hilarious.

What you don't seem to understand is that people ARE filming the fields, ALL NIGHT, and don't see anything....yet a circle appears at dawn in that very field.

Really? "Just Appears" huh? All at once? A section at a time? How? Oh that's right you never seen a real video of it, all you have seen is time lapsed videos and stills that were digitally edited to fool you.

Show me a video of it appearing! Something I don't have to pay for, something nobody is trying to profit off of.

Hey, I have a video of crop circles being made, will you pay me $20.00 to view it? Click Here

Did you get a chance to review the videotape of the field I mentioned?
Here is the videographer's quote:

There is NO VIDEOTAPE. There is NOTHING THERE. You are being FOOLED. HOAXED.

They are making you pay for b.s.

Now that we have concluded that the field was watched, and nobody saw anyone making a circle, will you please work with me on figuring out how these circles are being made remotely?

I already figured it out. They are not being made remotely, you are being fooled by people who want to profit off of your foolishness. They are made by people at night, and they even take before and after pictures so they can sell them to you saying "oh it just appears, we were there all night..blah blah blah"..

You are getting hoaxed so bad that you actually give them money. Wow, if I didn't have morals I would fool all of you too and probably get rich off of it. It seems to be so easy.

All I have to do is go to my local field, make a crop circle while nobody is looking, take before and after pictures, and then lie to people that the c.c. just appeared instantly, and make people pay for the images. What a nice business model huh...

You got fooled so bad... it's just........ well there is no words for how pathetic and hilarious it is at the same time.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Sigh....after hundreds of thousands of words and hours with 23 over pages of vitrolic challenges of who made the crop circles, there is STILL NO serious attempts to DECIPHER the message....

-----I guess there's no need to find the missing link between apes and men. We ARE the missing link and yet to evolve!

Ask the guys who made the crop circles. They'll be able to tell you what their creations mean.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by afoolbyanyothername

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Sigh....after hundreds of thousands of words and hours with 23 over pages of vitrolic challenges of who made the crop circles, there is STILL NO serious attempts to DECIPHER the message....

-----I guess there's no need to find the missing link between apes and men. We ARE the missing link and yet to evolve!

Simple explanation ... there is NO hidden and complex message to be deciphered.
They are nothing more or less than what they appear to be ... graphical designs carved into a field of wheat and used for no other reason then to visually display the outcome of a series of calibration tests.

Calibration tests?
Please provide evidence of this claim.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by afoolbyanyothername

And of course it's just by accident that they don't just "kind of match-up", but rather are EXACT DUPLICATIONS?

Do you guys realize how much actual knowledge the crop circle makers have? They don't make random nonsensical drawings -- not in the real ones. You are talking about circles that are geometrically sound, astronomically correct, and display ancient symbols and language with absolute precision.

Wow !
Another claim of ABSOLUTE PRECISION. Please back up this statement.
I'm honestly tired of the believers making fraudulent claims and then refusing to back them up. Surely you're not one of THOSE, are you?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Updated Article On This Crop Circle

The above page has a VERY well documented analysis on this crop circle by Marc Smulders. It gives the dates and other information on the Mayan view of creation and their calendar.

Shows you the value of patience in this area of deciphering crop circle "meaning". Wait long enough and someone with some real knowledge takes one look and says "Oh sure I recognize what that is..."

I hope we can continue to find people with such knowledge to help the rest of us to understand what these crop circles are all about.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TOSFORUS

Step 1: Buy a book about the Mayan's, or research Mayan symbols.

Step 2: Design a crop circle using the book, and research of the Mayans.

Step 3: Create a crop circle using your Mayan themed design.

Step 4: Fool people into thinking you "deciphered" the crop circle by posting the information from Step 1 and 2 on your own web site.

They want you to try to "decipher" the crop circles so they can send you on a never ending wild goose chase. They will keep you coming back for more knowing that you will never figure it out. It's meant to never be fully understood, and to give the illusions that they have "advanced knowledge".

Ive seen it in history many times. People will pretend to have some advanced knowledge by fooling people with neat symbols and seals that have the illusion of containing secret information. They will be made with common primitive shapes and special numbers (usually common numbers) so that when people try to figure out it's meaning, they come up with 100's of crazy explanations yet ZERO answers. It's all open for interpretation, yet no real meaning, just a fancy design.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A. There's nothing to show aliens make them.
B. There's nothing to show it's a military test.
C. There are videos showing people making them

I think I'll go with C until somebody comes up with proof for either A or B or some combination thereof.

So, once again so it can be ignored again:

Levengood's Crop-Circle Plant Research

www.csicop.org...
Investigative Files

Levengood's Crop-Circle Plant Research
Joe Nickell In several technical papers, W. C. Levengood purports to show that "Plants from crop formations display anatomical alterations which cannot be accounted for by assuming the formations are hoaxes."[1] Unfortunately, there are serious objections to Levengood's approach. First of all, while he uses various control plants for his experiments, nowhere in the papers I reviewed [1,2,3,4] is there any mention of the work being conducted in double-blind manner so as to minimize the effects of experimenter bias. (As one "cereologist," the Earl of Haddington, said of another laboratory that claimed to detect different "energy levels" between crop-circle and non-crop-circle areas [a concept that appears to have begun with dowsers], "When they are not told which sample came from a Crop Circle and which from a heap of grain in my back yard they are either unable or unwilling to give a result."[5])

The question of bias is important since Levengood's attitudes and assumptions reveal him as a partisan crop-circle "believer" of the Terence Meaden, ion-plasma-vortex variety. Alas, Meaden-who wrote several articles and books advocating the vortex hypothesis-was increasingly forced to conclude that great numbers of crop circles, especially the elaborate pictograms, were produced by hoaxers, and he reportedly abandoned interest in the subject. [6] Levengood's colleague, John A. Burke, seems particularly defiant towards "alleged hoaxers" [7], as if there were not powerful evidence that most-probably all-of the crop patterns were man-made.[8]

There is, in fact, no satisfactory evidence that a single "genuine" (i.e., vortex-produced) crop-circle exists, so Levengood's reasoning is circular: Although there are no guaranteed genuine formations on which to conduct research, the research supposedly proves the genuineness of the formations. But if Levengood's work were really valid, he would be expected to find that some among the putatively "genuine" formations chosen for research were actually hoaxed ones-especially since even some of Meaden's most ardent defenders admit there are more hoaxed circles than "genuine" ones. [6,8] In fact, there is now evidence that a major formation that Levengood believes genuine and uses as a basis for theoretical discussion-the "Mandelbrot" formation-was the work of hoaxers. [6]

Although Levengood finds a correlation between "structural and cellular alterations" in plants and their location within crop-circle-type formations (as opposed to those of control plants outside such formations) [1], he should know the maxim that "Correlation is not causation." As the noted Temple University mathematician John Allen Paulos recently demonstrated-quite tongue in cheek-there is a direct correlation between children's math ability and shoe size! [9] Comments statistician Rand Wilcox of the University of Southern California: "Correlation doesn't tell you anything about causation. But it's a mistake that even researchers make." [9]

That Levengood's work does not go beyond mere correlation in many instances is evident from his frequent concessions: For example, "Taken as an isolated criterion," he says, "node size data cannot be relied upon as a definite verification of a `genuine' crop formation." [1] Again he admits, "From these observed variations, it is quite evident that [cell wall] pit size alone cannot be used as a validation tool." [1]

Even his alleged correlations are suspect. Citing variations in pit expansion and node size in plants from within the formations, he states: "These energy distributions are by no means uniform."[10] Again, he cites formations where there were increases in plant pit size well outside the formations, saying that "some 20 feet out is the farthest I've seen this energy carryover and so even [though] those crops were standing upright and looked perfectly normal they had been hit." He attributes this to "several different kinds of energy" being involved. [10]

He thus gives the impression that, like Meaden, he is constantly rationalizing new data and attempting to fit it in to preconceived vortex notions. Apparently no one has yet independently replicated Levengood's work. One scientist from Colgate did attempt to verify his seed germination claims using some of his seeds but without success.[10] Apparently few mainstream scientists take Levengood's work seriously other than one or two friends who wish "to remain anonymous because of the ridicule. [10]

Until his work is independently replicated by qualified scientists doing "double-blind" studies and otherwise following stringent scientific protocols, there seems no need to take seriously the many dubious claims that Levengood makes, including his similar ones involving plants at alleged "cattle mutilation" sites.[10]
Acknowledgments
I am grateful to Franklin D. Trumpy, professor of physics, Des Moines Area Community College, for critiquing this article.
References

1. W. C. Levengood, "Anatomical Anomalies in Crop Formation Plants," Physiologia Plantarum 92 (1994): 356-363.
2. W. C. Levengood, "Technique for Examining Crop Circle Energetics," Report No. 18, [Pinelandia Lab], October 12, 1993.
3. W. C. Levengood and John A. Burke, "Delineation of Electromagnetic Energy Influencing Crop Formations," Report No. 24, Pinelandia and Am-Tech Labs, September 28, 1994.
4. W. C. Levengood and John A. Burke, "Study of Simulated Crop Formations, 1994," Report No. 27, Pinelandia and Am-Tech Labs, October 10, 1994.
5. The Earl of Haddington, letter to The Cereoloqist (Spring 1991), quoted in The Skeptics UFO Newsletter 10 (July 1991): 7.
6. Joe Nickell, "Crop-Circle Mania: An Investigative Update," Skeptical Inquirer, in press.
7. John A. Burke, Introduction to W.C. Levengood's Report No. 18 (see ref. 2).
8. Joe Nickell and John F. Fischer, "The Crop-Circle Phenomenon," chapter 11 of Joe Nickell with John F. Fischer, Mysterious Realms: Probing Paranormal, Historical and Forensic Enigmas (Buffalo: Prometheus Books, 1992), 177-210.
9. "Statistics Often Misused to Cite Links as Causes," Lexington Herald-Leader (Lexington, Ky.), January 5, 1995.
10. W. C. Levengood, telephone interview by A. J. S. Rays, December 8, 1994.

About the Author
Joe Nickell is CSICOP Senior Research Fellow.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Sarcasm doesn't prove you right you know. All I'm asking, for so many times now, is how am I wrong? A simple question, really. Insults do not prove me wrong, as I again say.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Originally posted by amari
These are dimensional holograms that you can not see and I can.

Oh reeeeaaaaallly.

And you can see them in digital images that are made of pixels?

Are you aware that an image is just an array of numbers representing color values? There is no other information stored in them.

If you want to lie, at least don't try not to lie to a human lie detector that is also a computer programmer and graphics designer.

Are you aware that you don't actually "see" with your eyes? The pictures in your head that you think you see with your eyes is not real, it is actually a mental representation of what your eyes can sense. So, you don't see reality, you see what your minds wants you to see.

So if I were you I would go see a doctor. Not and eye doctor, and mental health doctor.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

I say bull to you and you have no clue. Human lie detector that is a joke in itself I would be glad to take a real certified lie detector test to prove you wrong. Computer programmer and graphic designer means nothing to me I see what I see using the full spectrum light code given to me. Yes there are stored color coded images within each pixel and you of all people should know this fact. The variance is that there is stored coded information in each pixel you personally can not see and 101010101010 means something when it comes to bits of refracted harmonic full spectrum light information imaged on a monitor.

Since You are giving me a medical prognoses of seeing a doctor and you being a computer programmer and graphic designer plus a human lie detector again does not lend any credibility to me.

You are wrong I am seeing what the crop circle Dimensionals want me to see. You being a computer programmer, graphics designer, human lie detector and prognoses practitioner you are so hell bent on putting me down, saying I lie and putting yourself on a pedestal that you never once asked me what I could see specifically in this particular crop circle photo I pointed out. ^Y^

[edit on 29-7-2009 by amari]

[edit on 29-7-2009 by amari]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

How would I,( or anyone else ) benefit from from doing those steps?

In order to get any person to take any action, there must be a "reward" in it for them,( perceived or actual ).

Again WHAT DOES THE CROP CIRCLE FAKER GET? I have yet to learn from any of these "debunker" comments just what it is that can be gained by doing a crop circle.

Will someone show me - give me an instance where someone has PROFITED by sending their time, effort, and expense to do the steps that you outlined?

If someone fakes an oil painting they sell it, right? If someone creates a massive Ponzi scheme they pocket the funds, right?

How does making crop circles, every night, put money in your pocket???
( I'm always open to new ways to make a buck! )

[edit on 28-7-2009 by TOSFORUS]

[edit on 28-7-2009 by TOSFORUS]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
sigh
crop circles have been debunked so many times....10-15 people + one evening..there's your crop circle....tada!
cant even see why it should be in this topic. i think crop circles should move to BTS

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOSFORUS
Will someone show me - give me an instance where someone has PROFITED by sending their time, effort, and expense to do the steps that you outlined?

If someone fakes an oil painting they sell it, right? If someone creates a massive Ponzi scheme they pocket the funds, right?

How does making crop circles, every night, put money in your pocket???
( I'm always open to new ways to make a buck! )

Search google: crop circle tour

get:

www.sacredbritain.com...

Crop Circles
and Sacred Sites
August 7th -16th 2009

(10 days / 9 nights)

Experience and explore the mystery
Of crop circles and ancient sacred sites
In the enchanted landscape of Southern England

ACTION PACKED!

The tour will include:

* Visits into crop circles
* An optional helicopter flight over these exquisite patterns
* Private out-of-hours access into Stonehenge
* Attendance at a top Crop Circle Conference with international researchers
* Visits to some of England's most powerful sacred sites

£1495 based on double occupancy
Single occupancy supplement: £270

or:

www.nccn.net...

Cost: Starting at $1095 for 4 days/4 nights - includes pickup at & return to London Heathrow airport, transportation to all sites listed, twin/triple accommodation in comfortable B&Bs for 4 nights, breakfasts & admission to Stonehenge. Single rooms also available for $200 extra. Includes accommodations as registered for, breakfasts, transportation from & to Heathrow airport, entrance to sites listed, & workshops.

Airfare Extra

here's a directory of people willing to take your money:
www.travel-quest.co.uk...

and a newsish story as well: www.examiner.com...

Looks like a pretty decent tourist industry to me. Add into that all the books, dvds, calendars, coffee mugs, etc etc etc - and you're making money hand over fist.

Still don't think they're making money? Take a look into booking a helicopter to do some aerial photography. Just price it. Now take a look at who owns copyright etc on these crop circle photos. Think they're shelling out for a helicopter charter out of their own pocket? Charity perhaps?

Wake up, all of you. This is an industry.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by jfj123

Sarcasm doesn't prove you right you know. All I'm asking, for so many times now, is how am I wrong? A simple question, really. Insults do not prove me wrong, as I again say.

Well I've posted a website dedicated to making crop circles BY HUMANS.
I've posted a video showing some guys making a crop circle.
I've posted articles discussing people who have created crop circles.
I've explained how crop circles can be made with simple tools.
ETC...
ETC...
ETC...
Soylentgreenispeople has done the same thing but to an even greater extent.

A few other posters have done the same.

In other words, people have presented evidence showing that crop circles are made by humans. You have presented ZERO evidence to suggest crop circles are in any way paranormal, created by the military, created by aliens, etc...
This is how you're wrong again and still.
Do you get it yet?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join