It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle - New one is a beauty! 24th July 2009

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

It's called indirect observation. You can say something is observed when it is indirectly observed. If I had said a black hole has been directly observed, then I would be wrong. But I know my science terms.

And if I had a few billion dollars laying around, I would make one. But for now I cannot.

Also, theoretical is basically 95% factual. It gets to a point when you know how something is going to behave and can simulate it virtually exactly as it would be in reality.

if you put 4 stilts at a 45 degree angle pointing to a center point, but they are too short to reach that center point, enough information is available to accurately simulate where that center point is.

this is modern science. You don't have to physically see or do something to know how it is.

it destroys incentive to go into space. but think of it this way: better prepared than unprepared. We know more about space now then star trek predicted we'd know in 300 years.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'd like to know why perfectly good crops are being flattened when there are people starving in the world?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by Jomina
It's a navajo medicine painting.

< sarcasm > ai9med at the large navaho population in witlshire ??????????? < / sarcasm >

No, just meant that it was inspired by them. Sarcasm isnt needed, thinking is

I'm very familiar with medicine paintings, and they exhibit striking similarities to this crop circle.

Did I say it was aimed at navajos? No. I just pointed out that that's what it seems to be.

Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Perhaps this "snow flake" is a warning of impending ice age??

But it's not a snow flake as snow flakes have 6 side symmetry and this one has 12 sided symmetry.

What does it mean?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

This would be the firefox one.Your snarky tone is not called for.You like this alla time?Or just when confronted with the truly unexplainable?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's visual proof that crop circles can be made with ropes and boards
:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35697a6e858c.jpg[/atsimg]

(just kidding)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by trueforger

This would be the firefox one.Your snarky tone is not called for.You like this alla time?Or just when confronted with the truly unexplainable?

No -- but before I believe something I read (such as here on ATS, or even in the MSM) I like to do some research for myself.

You can tell me about "circles made in broad daylight that would perhaps need a crane if made by humans", but I would have no idea if that account is reliable until I do more research to try and verify the details.

I'm sorry if I sound snarky, but I just don't take what I read or hear at face value -- either from my local newspaper, internet "alternative news" sites, or from word-of-mouth.

For example, I don't believe the "Moon Hoax" claims -- and that's not because I believe what NASA says just because they said it. No, I think we went to the Moon because I did my own research on what the Moon Hoax crowd was claiming, and I found that their claims had no logical or factual basis. My belief that we went to the Moon is not because "NASA said we did".

...and thanks for the "firefox" info... I'll look it up.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Forgot who I was answering.Are you defending some official story?The wrapper,penlight and crane references are in the descriptions of the acknowledged man made or strongly suspected ones.That the firefox one took a long ass time to do,and required a big crew,crane and daylight is common knowledge.After all the defenders of the hoaxers' claims of authorship keep repeating the same tired examples,I thought you'd actually read the references.Point is still clear.NO ONE can do them in the dark,in the 45 or so minutes reported lately.Especially with all the scrutiny of late as the intensity seems to be increasing.What constructive have you to say?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What I see is.
The most outern object is probably earth and the one that looks like a : O smiley face is the full moon. There are 12,3 full moons per year. Or it's the new moon..

[edit on 25/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No I would suspect that person of trying to deceive me into looking the other way while s/he maintained secret access.While appearing an ally to allay suspicion.Oldest trick in the book.Like the security guard rip off ringleader.Don't ask for an annotated reference.Point still stands,no one has shown they can do one in the dark.Lotta claims,no show.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

It could have something to do with the bomb going to the moon it looks like a device to split an atom like the atomic bomb with all the plugs around it

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Hey that's ME!!!Where did you get that?It is supposed to be a secret,dang it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by jfj123

It's called indirect observation. You can say something is observed when it is indirectly observed. If I had said a black hole has been directly observed, then I would be wrong. But I know my science terms.

No you don't. Stop pretending. It ruins a good discussion.

Your posts about black hole and worm holes are nonsense.

And if I had a few billion dollars laying around, I would make one. But for now I cannot.

A few billion won't get you a black hole. This isn't Stargate Command.

Also, theoretical is basically 95% factual. It gets to a point when you know how something is going to behave and can simulate it virtually exactly as it would be in reality.

Really? Because the most brilliant minds on earth barely know anything about black holes. As example, Stephen Hawking recently completely changed his theories regarding black holes.
I'll be honest, I'm a bit embarrassed for you.

this is modern science. You don't have to physically see or do something to know how it is.

I know that but until I told you, you didn't
Nice try with your duck and cover though

it destroys incentive to go into space. but think of it this way: better prepared than unprepared. We know more about space now then star trek predicted we'd know in 300 years.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Gorman91]

I knew it would only be a matter of time before you threw about a sci-fi reference to help support your wild claims.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I'd like to know why perfectly good crops are being flattened when there are people starving in the world?

Because apparently aliens want us to starve, one pretty design at a time

Aliens suck !

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

But it's not a snow flake as snow flakes have 6 side symmetry and this one has 12 sided symmetry.

What does it mean?

You know what else makes a good warning?
Broadcasting a audio/video message to everyone on earth saying
"There is a ice age coming, bundle up pink monkeys !!"

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
If this is man made it wasn't done using planks and rope, sorry.

It's amazing. There are twelve "arms" that come out from the center. I don't know what it could symbolise, I don't recognise any of the designs.

High tech military equipment or alien, I reckon.

i completly disagree, all crop circles are man made, all that UFO conspiracy crap is just people who get too over excited about it all.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

NO ONE can do them in the dark,in the 45 or so minutes reported lately.

Why not? This statement implies you believe it can be done in the daytime so why not at night?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This would be the firefox one.

I looked up the Firefox crop circle story. Isn't that the one in Oregon made by Oregon State University students? I think that one was made overnight and didn't require the use of a crane (at least the accounts I read didn't say they used one.)

Firefox Crop Circle: How They Did It
Firefox Crop Circle in Google Earth (Blog)
Firefox Crop Circle: Behind the Scenes (With some videos)

It seems to me that they did a pretty good job -- it doesn't look messy and looks like a good representation of the Firefox logo. Although admittedly, all I have seen is the aerial photos on the internet.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What does it mean?

it doesn't mean anything, its a decorative artistic crop circle by a group of talented people.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What does it mean?

I doubt it.. if they were trying to warn of us an impending ice age then they should have made a snowman

Although if they did that people would just interpret it as a message warning us that a group of giants are coming to kill us!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join