It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 dogs found dead in freezers at US home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

150 dogs found dead in freezers at US home

www.ctv.ca

DEARBORN, Michigan -- Police say about 150 dead dogs were found packed in freezers in the basement of a Michigan home where more than 110 live dogs, mostly Chihuahuas, were rescued this week.

Investigators in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn say the two-story house is littered with feces and trash. The 54-year-old man who lives there has been taken to a hospital for observation. Police say the man appeared confused and disoriented.

Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad said Friday that 112 live dogs have been removed from the home, and police believe about five more may be hiding inside. He
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Some people should be required to take tests in order to have pets.
I cant even begin to imagine how that place smells. You would think the neighbors would have notified the authorities sooner.

"The man appeared confused and disoriented"

Well Duh!

Do you think a man who was focused and alert would have lived like that?

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
OMG no way. This is heartbreaking. I cannot understand why people would treat dogs like this.

Absolutely disgusting and shocking.

I hope they are found guilt and put away for this, This is the worst in human nature to do this.

Absolutely Heartbreaking

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

WOW

My mom has a Chiuaua named Paco, I love that dog. That guy must be crazy. I am so sick of people treating non-humans (dogs, cats, ANYTHING) like crap.

Dude needs a stay at the psych ward for the rest of his life, or at least until he is properly medicated and has received therapy.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The real potential question is....

Wait for it

If he was so confused and disoriented how many were possibly alive when he stuck them in the freezers?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That's sick.

Why even put them in a freezer.

That's a thought process that I will never, ever understand. And it seems lots of people like to put animals in freezers.

It makes me feel physically ill.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The real potential question is....

Wait for it

If he was so confused and disoriented how many were possibly alive when he stuck them in the freezers?

Ding ding ding! Way to take it to the next level!

Seriously though, don't be so ready to hate the guy. He may be suffering from a legitimate condition rendering him incapable of coping with that kind of environment. Such conditions do exist.

On the other hand, this could be another low note in the culture of pet ownership.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You have to wonder what the purpose was for what he did. Was he experimenting on them? Did he do it deliberately to kill them? Did he see through his clouded head some of the dogs feeling bad and thus, putting them in the freezer, thinking it would cure the dogs' pain? How does a man live to be 54 and have so many dogs? Where did he get them from, and how did he take of himself and the dogs that were alive? There are so many questions to be asked. It's best to leave out both negative and positive assumptions until more details are revealed.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
LOL, I mean it is like? WHAT?

That is A LOT of dogs to put in the deep freeze. This guy must have MASSIVE ISSUES letting go of things. As apparent by the 100 plus dogs alive and the 150 plus dead in the deep freeze.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This breaks my heart. I have a precious Chi named yugioh (Yugi) and he is as much a part of our family as anyone.

I am so happy that this insane caper is over and that those still alive will now have another chance at life.

Thankyou to the rescuers and to the future well being of the precious sentient pups!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I dont know...

The man obviously doesn't have full command of reality. I'll keep an eye on this story and see if we can find out what was going on in his head.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Give the guy a break. Maybe this was just his way to secure a good supply of survival food. Obviously the man isn't in a good frame of mind.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

A good followup on the pups would be appreciated too. the more profile this gets the better the chance for good homes.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Thats not funny at all, whats your problem? This is a serious situation that needs addressed and perhaps bringing this type of terrible happening to the public, in the future people will keep a closer eye on sickos like this turd of a human being.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Honestly

When I first read the story I was half expecting to see this guy. I thought to myself he finally flipped out and lost it...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

We all cope as the breadth of our experience allows.

I feel terrible for the animals. But there is a sad irony in thought that this man may have genuinely loved these dogs, and they him. In a worst case scenario, I suspect he would have starved rather than eat them. But that's all supposition.

You gotta keep hoping that people will engage in self-rescue before they get to this point of dysfunction. I wonder if the man's family exists, or is at all engaged in his life?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

One is 100 % in agreement, his comments are not funny at all. Basically they are disgusting.

Dogs are the same as human beings, they do have alot of the emotions,as we do. What gets me is why no one who lived near this dude, where ever alarmed by the amount of dogs he had, or weitherr he was looking after them properly.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I have watched his programmes, and it amazes and shocks me how he can communicate with dogs, it is the same for Horse Whisperers or any ohte animal whisperers there is. It is so amazing how they can do this.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

No kidding that was what I was thinking too. Really it makes my heart just melt, I can only pray that this gets enough attention that help is there for the dogs or they will be put down and or sent to bad homes.

As for the neighbors, they would have to be in on it or else this would have been reported long ago. A well check if nothing else, I mean I am cool and no snitch, but if some crazy man next door had hundreds of dogs, I would be doing a well check myself and if I found the situation as it was, I would call everyone in town until they were rescued.

I sense something very disturbing about this beyond what we know right now.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nor am I a snitch, but if I see a dog in distress or under malnourished, I usually approach the owner and ask questions, If I feel that dog is being abused I will report it.

No matter if they say they will come tomy house and kill my children. I will still report it.

I suppose it deonds onthe situation and circumstances.

But why not burry the dogs for goodness sake, rather than place themin a freezer!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join