It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conspiracy of search engines blocking of eligibility stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Broad conspiracy of search engines blocking of eligibility stories

www.wnd.com

a broad pattern of Internet search engine censorship" that began today by Google, Bing and others blocking WND's extensive coverage of questions surrounding Barack Obama's eligibility for office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Joseph Farah writes

As of today, all the major search engines systematically began scrubbing our content. This happened at the very moment this story broke into the mainstream

I hope some of the more computer savvy members here can confirm that this is actually taking place and how. When I type it in yahoo it brings up snopes and fact check at the first two before World Net Daily. Snopes and factcheck claim he has a ligit BC.

Editor Joseph Farah will be on Michael Savege today to talk about it. Tune In!

-E-

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Coming third in a Search is not the same as being censored. Being censored would mean that it is not coming up in a Search at all.

You are right that Censorship by Search Engines would be a very bad thing, although all of them are doing it for certain things at the request of particular nations, some more so than others.

However, Search Engine Placement is another thing altogether, and this is merely a case of the pro-BC camp utilizing better SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques than the anti-BC camp to get higher placement in a Search. Nothing under-handed is happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I am curious to hear Mr. Farah explain how they are being censored. I wonder if WND was at the top of the list initially?? Will have to wait and see.

-E-

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think it's highly probable that there is an effort ongoing to both promote and discredit the notion that Obama is not legally elligble to be President.

CNN spends the better part of 2 days airing multiple segments and commentaries about 'Birthers' being right wing, deranged lunatics and potential terrorists.

Then CNN spends the better part of 2 days airing multiple segments and commentaries about a black Harvard Professor who seems to lack the social accumen and communication skills to defuse a legitimate law enforcement call and response to protect said Professor's house from a potential break in.

Two divide and conquer stories aimed at different sides of the divide and both played to ultimately discredit both sides of the divide and enflame their passions.

Accusations of questions of citizenship are wrong.

Accusations of mishandelling and racial profile are wrong.

Both sides walk away unhappy and minimized, both sides fueled and the issues propelled to prominence by Obama's own sloppy, immature and poor handling, and grand standing on the issues.

America sure is in trouble!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think the reason CNN and others latch on to the "crazy rightwing possible domestic terrorist" angle is mostly due to Free Republic type sites. They openly advocate (sometimes) violence to remove Obama and other top gov't officials...they've even written a new Constitution. To be honest these types DO scare me...in fact they scare me FAR more than some middle eastern terrorists. In the past such wingnuts tend to go off and take out mass numbers of innocents because they lack the ability to hit the ones they're really fired up about.

Personally I think Obama is a citizen, and unfortunatly the entire republican party is getting dragged along in this utterly idiotic farcical waste of time when there are PLENTY of much more important things they should be hitting Obama on. Hes made mistakes, many times GLARING ones. If they want to take seats back in 2010 they're going to have to bring in the middle ground people and they're not going to do that wasting valuable time and money on this birth certificate thing. Its a joke to your average voter.

On a side note WND is one of the biggest loads of crock on the internet, at one time i thought it was a satire or tabloid site. But, this is ATS so believe as you like from whatever site you can find on the internet.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by outlander6436

It's a pretty uninformed position and a convenient one. I don't even vote and am not and never have been and never will be a member of the democratic or republican party.

When you really do the research instead of lapping up your daily mainstream media dose of hate and fear most of the extremist groups operating throughout the world including those in the Middle East have clear ties to groups like the CIA, MI6 and Moussad.

Governments create phony problems and offer phony solutions for control of the masses and financial profit for favored corporations like those in the military industrial and security industrial complexes.

I have no reason what so ever to be afraid of extremist groups operating throughout the world. I am a man, a person, an American and I don't and won't live in an artificially induced state of fear.

Fears are almost always entirely based on the imagined and the media and the government are very good to playing to people's imaginations.

Peoples imaginations are especially hostage to being infected with fears this way because most people lead dull, frustrating and boring lives and they appreciate that extra bit of imagined drama in a masochistic way to liven up another wise dull and meaningless life.

If I am not afraid of international extremist groups I sure am not afraid of so called 'domestic' terrorists, which so far the only domestic terrorists have all been shown to be groups that FBI informants and agents practically formed and nurtured and funded and made the plans for from the get go, often ensnaring poor Christian and Muslim fundamentalists to join and participate in for a few extra dollars or the hopes of making a few extra dollars.

The war on terrorism is as phony as phony as can be, just like the fears that most people have of terrorism are completely imagined based on a manufactured problem of our own government and intelligence agencies and to a lesser degree some very stupid foreign policy.

To be afraid of your own well intentioned countrymen, versus a pathetic lying double talking snake of a politician who wants to lead us and represent the law and can't even be bothered to follow it himself by complying with the law...

Well that's just crazier than the news outlets you question.

new topics

top topics

join