It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer to rising CO2 levels and an end to global warming.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

"Earth should be used for humankinds survival and nothing more. "

That, my friend, is where we differ in our foundations.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

If volcanism is the cause, which is entirely possible, the only cure is much more trees and forests. And possibly some way to filter out or convert CO2.

But planets change and die, sometimes. Maybe we're in that process and it has nothing to do with us. But we can't plug up the volcanoes, either.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is a certain herb - the name of which we will not bring up because in some states it's considered "illegal" - that has one of the highest CO2 to O conversion of all plants on land.

My idea is to legalize it and plant it everywhere.

Here are the benefits:

• Increased oxygen levels
  • Excellent biomass
  • Replenishment of soil
  • Natural stress reliever with a history of killing not one soul in 5,000 years
  • Seeds which have the optimal Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratio for human health
  • Beautiful paper can be made
  • No pesticides needed
  • ...and the list can go on.

So... That's MY idea.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Let’s all contribute an idea to help stave off "AGW" Global climate change due to rising CO2 levels.

I think I'll just quote what I just wrote in another thread:

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by Crying-Lightning
The sun's not getting any hotter than it was when it first came into existence.. we are simply making things worse for ourselves by damaging the planet.

Well, it is a fact that Jupiter, Mars, Pluto, Neptune's Moon, have all been experiencing "global warming" over the last few years...so we humans are not only damaging the planet we live on, but are damaging half the planets in our solar system...

BUT WAIT...are there any cars or factories on said planets? How about any human inhabitants which are releasing that 'oh soooo evil' pollutant CO2 by breathing?

I'm sure that natural gas CO2 which you are emitting right now, is damaging the entire solar system...

If you really think that is true, then all indeed do your part in stopping it, and simply stop breathing....although all that flora and fauna we have here on earth kind of depends on that CO2 which you are exhaling, to survive at all.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I hate most of humankind too...but don't hate yourself Raven.

Sure humans might do awful things. But it might be naive to think that we aren't just part of a larger cycle that we don't understand.

Either way, there is no wrong. If we destroy ourselves it is our destiny. But why would it be wrong to try to survive? Do you believe, as Agent Smith, that we are a virus?

Is it because you think what we do is at the expense of Gaea? But I think you believe she would survive regardless. We have already thrown off ecosystems. Extinction would mean the end of the ecosystems as we know them and the creation of new ecosystems. Our extinction is the extinction of many others too. Unless we destroyed ourselves through man-made disease or something similar.

I for one would rather have me or my future generations survive. And, maybe like you say it is through reforestation and similar activities. But I am doubtful that we will be able to stop the wrongdoers fast enough. As long as there is money to be made in the ever increasing demand from humankind...

This plankton thing might not have any merit. But, something drastic might need to be done

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

AMEN!

The seeds are legal, i live off them, i am turning more "superhuman" everyday!

And yes, nature is all we need.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
There is a certain herb - the name of which we will not bring up because in some states it's considered "illegal" - that has one of the highest CO2 to O conversion of all plants on land.

My idea is to legalize it and plant it everywhere.

Here are the benefits:

• Increased oxygen levels
  • Excellent biomass
  • Replenishment of soil
  • Natural stress reliever with a history of killing not one soul in 5,000 years
  • Seeds which have the optimal Omega-3 to Omega-6 ratio for human health
  • Beautiful paper can be made
  • No pesticides needed
  • ...and the list can go on.

So... That's MY idea.

Yes thats a much better plan! No joke, that plant can thrive just about anywere to. The only problem is that we will burn most of the stuff.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
The only problem is that we will burn most of the stuff.

Only the flower, I presume... [grin]

Seeds are food, leaves are good to leave on the ground to fertilize, and stems are good for textiles and paper...

An awesome plant, indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join