It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammo Shortage - It's Not Just For Americans Anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to be the first line of defense against insurgents and terrorists. You are to keep the peace, and protect the citizenry.

The catch: We can provide you with the weapons and vehicles that you need to accomplish this mission, but we cannot provide you with ammunition for those weapons, nor can we provide any fuel for those vehicles. We also can't provide you with the funding to obtain those either.

Would you take this mission?

Well, that's what the Afghan National Police have to do...and we wonder why we are still in Afghanistan!

The U.S. won't help the people help themselves, but we'll provide legitimacy and stature to the ones we want to be in power and to enforce the peace so we can bring our troops home.

Afghanistan's Broke, Ammo-Starved Cops

Well, I suppose that is a new way of making sure that you don't wear out your welcome when occupying a foreign sovereign nation. Since the Police have no bullets to use, they have to rely on the U.S. Military to do the shooting for them.

Sounds like a great way to control a populace. Wait a second, I wonder if that's why there's an ammo-shortage in the United States too!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's hard to comment when you've pretty much said it all.

So STOP IT.

I'm really saddened for the Afghani people. Do you think they will ever be able to be free? Will freedom mean for them that they can make their OWN ammo?

It's weird how we never really think about the Afghanis needing ammo though. It's a really good point. If food aid and the like in Afghanistan and other countries are routinely intercepted and given to warlords and the like, why would ammo be any different?

What's the solution Frat? Helping them set up factories to make their own ammo? Would they be 'free' like us if they could make all the ammo they needed?

Do you think that limiting the supply of ammo to the Afghan police is just part of the procedure? Do we TRUST the Afghanis yet? This is all pretty confusing for me.

It would be interesting to know why they can't just buy ammo from the Chinese or something.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. By having no ammo or fuel, the police in Afganistan is effectively useless.

It seems to me that training police is just another Public Relations Stunt to convince the public that we are making progress in Afganistan by training a police force. Then in the statistics they can say we have trained so many thousand Afgan police.

Mean while we have an excuse while there is no stability to keep occupying Afganistan.

[edit on 24/7/2009 by Persicoana]

join