It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PARA: Birth of a Paranormal Research Group.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f27c6a7d518.jpg[/pressimg] I sat there, quietly, in the heat of the summer night and in the middle of a cemetery, waiting for voices from beyond the grave to speak into my digital voice recorder. Only occasionally did it cross my mind that I had officially gone insane, I was too busy asking questions.
“What is your name?”
“Why are you still here?”
“Can you touch me?”
To be honest, I didn’t set out to become a member of a paranormal research group. I was contacting the local groups that are already established, hoping to interview its members and tag along on a single hunt. I quickly learned that the established groups in this area are made up of folks that are either suspicious of you or snobs. Outsiders are not welcome, even for a one-time trip.

By Milton Redman.

I continued my search though and along the way I stumbled across Clint. His experiences with local groups mirrored mine, and had posted on a chat board that he was looking to start a new group. A few emails later and we were ready to meet and get our first hunt underway.

An inventory showed we had more than enough equipment for the job. Between the two of us we had mini DVD recorders, Digital voice recorders, Digital cameras, Laser thermometers, Geiger counters, and just about everything else in between. If a ghost showed up, there was darn little chance of it going undetected. Heck, the only thing we lacked was the ability to suck it into a canister, but I’m working on that.

Our first meet and greet was held July 15, 2009 at Clint’s house in Pea Ridge Arkansas. Several interested people showed up and after introductions and discussions on techniques and such we set out for a local cemetery to try our hand at contacting spirits from beyond the veil.

Which brings us back to the beginning of this article. I sat in the cemetery talking to thin air and hoping for a response. Occasionally snapping a picture or filming the graveyard with a mini DVD, hoping for anything to happen.

Now here’s where I get slammed by the anti-orb crowd, You see, I was catching orbs right and left and though I too doubt they are anything more than dust, I thought it would be fun to share a picture or two with you.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d92b96ec9be.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2adea159cb8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39551decd06d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f48aa022bb4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/949cafd6a9b8.jpg[/atsimg]

My goal is to capture a full body apparition that is beyond question. That may be impossible in this day of Photoshop, but it’s still my goal. I’ve no doubt that someday I’ll get the opportunity, I just pray I and my equipment are ready at the right moment.

“SOMETHING TOUCHED ME!” That was Clint from the other side of the cemetery. We trotted over to his location and he was holding out his arm. He was covered in goose bumps, even though it was well in the upper 80’s F. His son ran an EMF detector over his arm and it actually reacted. I can personally vouch that his arm was cold to the touch.

Was he actually touched by a ghost? I don’t know. I wanted to start asking the spirit to touch me but didn’t want to steal his thunder of the moment.

Shortly after that we decided to call it a night and headed for home.

It was a good first hunt for the group. Other than Clint being touched there was little evidence of the paranormal, but we learned quite a bit that night. Lessons we’re still fine tuning as we make plans for other adventures into the otherworldly realms.

Since then we’ve been to another supposedly haunted cemetery and had a very interesting investigation there as well. We’re still going over the findings on that one. We’ve also received our first invitation to a haunted home. The owner claims they have shadow figures on the inside and a Confederate soldier walking the grounds on the outside. I’m really looking forward to that one.

My goal is to keep the ATS community informed of our outings and findings as we grow in this venture, and how we are able to move from a group of strangers and meld ourselves into a team.

There will be more to come.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is just wonderful news, I am convinced that you will indeed find what it is you are looking for with all that equiptment and the outsiders ready to contact you rather than a bunch of snooty or lame duck groups out there in your area.

Stay in your heart.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, i look forward to your findings from your next location.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind words. This is my first venture into something like this and so far it's been a blast.

Does anyone have any tips to ghost hunting? Anything at all you'd like to share? I could use the advice.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Good for you! I wish you were in my area (Alaska). I've always wanted to go on a hunt. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I just have some advice for you. DO NOT TRUST entities, they have nothing but deception to offer. Try to study the phenomena objectively, not letting emotions get in the way of your quest. Curiosity is common in that line of research, and it's ok, but emotional involvment may cause problems in the long run, be careful. Thanks for the thread, it's a good one, keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese

I just have some advice for you. DO NOT TRUST entities, they have nothing but deception to offer.

I will take that to heart. I'm not looking to make a bond with the deceased, just to document beyond a doubt they still exist.

Thank you for the advice.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yes, the important thing is the discovery of the fact we are multidimensional. Study of the occult is intensive in nature, I've experienced some very strong ones my life, but in return, i've gained a lot of "knowing" about other spheres of reality.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Does anyone have any tips to ghost hunting? Anything at all you'd like to share? I could use the advice.

Be patient, be careful (more careful of people than ghosts) and have fun.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is great news. ATS is gaining quite a group of adrenaline junkies and explorers. I love it, and will enjoy the exploring and the adventures vicariously.

The only tips I have I learned on Ghost Hunters, so I will spare you of that.

I do know this, however, through my own experience. Sometimes they want to do something, but they don't know what to do. You have to tell them. Also, it is true what they say about spirits being able to manipulate electricity. So if you are able to tell them to do something which has to do with electricity, such as "turn on this light". If they wish to do it, they can.
This, I do believe.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I honestly appreciate the information that you folks are sharing with me. I'm new at this and need all the advice you can give.

If I come face to face with a spirit or boogyman, what's the best direction to run?

OK, I plan on holding my ground. I just hope I can. If I can't though, should I scream like a sissy to warn the others or leave them to their fate?

It's the little things I need to learn.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I would suggest not only talking to them, but everytime you do, ask a question and see if they respond through the lights in the house, make one blink from a lightbulb yes and two a no. It really works, you just have to try it.

Also feel the energy around the house you are looking into get to feel the essence of the house, sit down in the quiet spots, and feel the rooms out.

Another way to see if somebody is in the room, is to close your eyes and you will usually be able to see a shadow pass right in front of you, in the daytime you will notice shadows, but maybe at night when you close your eyes you might see light go past you even though your eyelids are closed.

Also pay close attention the smells in the house, a lot of time they will alert you through certain odors.

Become one with the darkness, go in the darkest areas of the house, they like to hide in cracks and corners/closets are good to.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Become one with the darkness, go in the darkest areas of the house, they like to hide in cracks and corners/closets are good to.

Being new to this I have problems being alone with what ever may come. I need to have the company of another member so as to...well....not die alone. I tell myself it's to have a witness to whatever pops up, but to be honest it's probably fear.

It's an obstacle I must overcome, and no one can overcome it but me.

The only way to overcome it is to face it. Your advice is solid, I must face this fear, on my own.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Now tell me true. Have you ever heard of anyone dying while ghosthunting? I haven't.

I see by your new thread you have mustered up your courage well.
And you must......you have fellow ATS members who must be entertained!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't know much about ghosthunting, but I'm pretty sure that if you scream for others, they'll just go away...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I have sent you a U2U. I live in your general area, and I want in! If thats cool with you. I got my own camera to bring to the pot.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
Now tell me true. Have you ever heard of anyone dying while ghosthunting? I haven't.

No, I've never heard of anyone dying while ghost hunting. I don't want to be the first either. I would never live down the thread on ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by mrwupy

I have sent you a U2U. I live in your general area, and I want in! If thats cool with you. I got my own camera to bring to the pot.

It's very cool. You have a U2U.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I too look forward to more updates from you.

I am especially interested in EVP's, but I know that the holy grail for all ghost hunters is a full body apparition.

I wish you much success and luck.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by helpmefindtheway
I am especially interested in EVP's, but I know that the holy grail for all ghost hunters is a full body apparition.

It's true I want a full body apparition, but I'll settle for an EVP.

I know there is more to this world than meets the eye, I saw a Bigfoot once and know they are real. If a Bigfoot is real than perhaps ghosts are as well.

It's an adventure I'm enjoying to the fullest.

Thank you for the kind words,

wupy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join