It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crash Event: Shag Harbor, 1967

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I will be in this area in August, doing some of my own UFO research on and near Campobello Island (located almost directly west from this event).

The whole area up there has some UFO history to it. more to come later.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Reports and newspaper clippings about the incident:

Shag_Harbor_File_RCAC.pdf
SITREP - UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT
This is a couple of reports and newspaper clippings combined in one document.
Document date: 1967-10-06
Department: CAF Operations
Author: Col. W.W. Turner
Document type: Report
pages: 13

FOIA: SITREP - UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT - Shag Harbor

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
No pictures of the crashed craft I assume.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
No pictures of the crashed craft I assume.

I assume if there were the OP would have posted them.

What are your thoughts on the incident?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Shameless bump

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There is a photo of the Shag Harbour object(s), I am pretty sure one of the documentaries shows the image , although, I can find no trace of it online at the moment.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
There is a photo of the Shag Harbour object(s), I am pretty sure one of the documentaries shows the image , although, I can find no trace of it online at the moment.

Firemoon, here we go mate -see Wilfred Eisnor's image at 4:14

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Chris Styles discusses the Shag Harbour incident and reveals new info - podcast number 467:

Chris Styles Shag Harbour UFO investigator & with Don Ledger author of Dark Object: The Shag Harbour Incident reveals some new info on the case

link

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
More from researcher Chris Styles about government documents on the case:

Part One:

Shag Harbour has a paper trail a mile wide, from various government and military agencies, as well as film of the actual retrieval operation which was shown right across the country on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) evening news. After the event, and after the government's claims that nothing of any import occurred, it faded away completely. Faded, only to be resuscitated 26 years later by the indefatigable Christopher Styles, a researcher from Halifax and MUFON's Assistant Director for Nova Scotia. Chris' work on this case is nothing short of phenomenal, and all the more exemplary considering this was his first formal investigation.

More

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Case covered in 'Best Evidence-Top 10 UFO sightings' documentary with more information about the object submerging and travelling underwater all the way up the Lockport coast - see 13:30

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a very well made thread and i would consider this case "interesting" - but it's one of those cases which, ultimately, is quite frustrating.

In a nutshell, we have really not a lot to work with except that many witnesses "saw something crashing" into the water - and then this is already the end of the entire case and what we know.

I can hardly consider something like that as good "evidence" for ET craft or UFOs.

One major factor here that the date this happened, 1967, just reeks of cold war secret military experiments and/or secret space launches, on both sides, the US and Russia.

We can hardly expect that if any super-secret cold war weapon (eg. a satellite etc.) was indeed coming down that we'd (EVER) get the details since we can assume this is all kept secret. This would involve any US programs...but also anything Russian.

It's interesting to note that the witnesses did NOT report an UFO initially but that the UFO story was released later ("by the authorities") which could very well be disinfo to further obscure something which was not supposed to be public. It is also interesting to note that the witnesses could not even see the shape of the object, all they saw was lights.

This case has so many holes and there is barely anything to go by..ok, we obviously have "lots of documents"...but barely any facts even as basic and simple as the shape of the object.

In my opinion, more likely some secret military project, crashed spy satellite, anti sub weapon etc..

>>
It was also claimed by several of the witnesses that units of the United States armed forces were involved in the search.
>>

Ah..yep..I was just waiting for this.
edit on 22-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
For me this the best ever ufo case...
I’m sceptical about nearly every other.

This one is the one that keeps me
interested.

sadly the details are still classified!!!
edit on Wed, 08 Apr 2015 16:34:50 -0500344America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Love the case as well. The military diver reporting 2 ships in the harbor, one helping the other, then the subsequent siting the same day of two UFOs flying off seals it for me.

Not sure I would put it at the top though, the supposed diver siting is unofficial, as far as I know, no one has publicly even confirmed what the ships looked like. Still, if you connect all the dots, it does add up to ET imo.

Some better cases imo,

Madagascar in 54, double siting
Westall in 66, daylight siting at Australian elementary school
Ravenna in 66, cat and mouse chase

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I thought I would revive one of Canada's most famous if not the top famous UFO case on Canada Day.

This offers prima facie proof of the media, governmental and academic cover-up and suppression of the ongoing alien interaction with our planet. Why? Well given that there were no official explanations like in Roswell or the Battle of LA, this remains a true mystery, at least for those who have been socially conditioned not to believe in the ongoing alien interaction with earth.

Given the FACTS of the case, you would think it would be talked about and referenced all the time in popular culture, around the world or at least in Canada, yet stories such as the Halifax explosion or the FLQ crisis are the ones talked about though they are much less interesting and less compelling.

Again, though nearing my fifth decade and being an avid reader, amateur scientist and historian, I only heard of this case over the past year.

Of course if the majority of people knew the facts about cases such as this, Roswell, Battle of LA, Foo fighters, Washington 1952, Zimbabwae, Westall and many more- the ongoing alien interaction with earth would not be considered fringe speculation but accepted fact. Can't have that though for some reason, would love to know why.........

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Yes Shag Harbour!

Good call. This actually is a well documented case that has been out there for years. I think it may have even been in the Project Bluebook files. Although this was at a time when it was purposely being wound down to justify closure of the Project.

Coast to Coast covered it a week or so ago.

Something went into the water and it certainly provoked an investigation. But this is like many of those cases I know about but don't "know a lot about".

Do you feel this thread covers the case to date or is it time to attempt a reboot thread?

edit on 1/7/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Yes Shag Harbour!

Good call. This actually is a well documented case that has been out there for years. I think it may have even been in the Project Bluebook files. Although this was at a time when it was purposely being wound down to justify closure of the Project.

Coast to Coast covered it a week or so ago.

Something went into the water and it certainly provoked an investigation. But this is like many of those cases I know about but don't "know a lot about".

Do you feel this thread covers the case to date or is it time to attempt a reboot thread?

Yes, I was listening to that Coast to Coast episode as well and had made a mental note to search for threads on the case and remembered today to do that.......

You do not need an excuse to revisit these cases, you do a better job than most even though this OP was written by an ATS legend with respect to UFO/alien subjects. I'm sure you could find new information and many of the mods and Springer respect you.....so go for it!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Yes jkrog08 set the standard for quality on here.

He was one of my favourite posters long before I joined this forum. Sadly he is no longer with us.

I'll have to stick it on my "to do" list.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join