It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers quarantined after exposed to unknown substance

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Officers quarantined after exposed to unknown substance

www.2theadvocate.com

KENNER (AP) — An unknown substance in a tractor trailer truck sent 18 Louisiana State Police troopers, Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputies and DEA agents to the hospital on Friday.

DEA Public Information Officer Roberto Bryan Jr. said a traffic stop exposed officers to an unknown substance that made them sick.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is an article about the incident; doesn't say who the truck driver was, or where he was coming from or going to, probably just the fumes, but it is interesting that it made 18 people sick that quickly.

Found it interesting with the other threads/stories popping up that swine flu was man-made and intentionally spread about, we don't really know what's being transported in our nations trucks.

www.2theadvocate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

strange!

keep us in the loop on this one

[edit on 24-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

chemical weapon?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

“The officer became suspicious the trucker might be hauling narcotics,” Cain said. “He was given consent to search the truck and saw a white powder in it.”

The truck was moved to the state police headquarters in Kenner to be searched, Cain said. During that search, several more containers of white powder — in brick form — were found among a cargo of limes.

*Emphasis mine.

Does anyone know what substance that could be? What is white, powdery, and in brick form that could make people sick?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That is interesting.

Of course there are many Commercial Manufacturers that ship caustic and toxic chemicals all the time. Many carriers will cut costs or take calculated risks by not filing the proper paperwork to ship them. Watch a Sheriff or a State Trooper near a Port of Entry and see them pull over Truck Driver after Truck Driver all day long issuing on average 60 citations per Truck for failing to carry a proper manifest or failing to properly flag hazardous cargo.

And those are the legitimate cargoes!

Illegal Drug Manufacturers for larger Crime Syndicates often will use a Rental Truck to carry the hazardous and toxic chemicals they need to manufacturer Methamphetamine, or to process Cocaine and Heroin.

Also, it is not unusual for High Level Security Clearance Military Projects to use Commercial Carriers to transport heaven knows what. You pass these Trucks on the Freeway all the time and would never realize it. They never stop in public places, such as Truck Stops or Rest Stops, but stop in gated facilities along their route (where I live there is one of these. It looks like a very small nondescript warehouse behind a gate, but has tighter security than what I've seen at Edwards Air Force Base). They ship things like this because it allows them to move materials without the scrutiny of being tracked by Satellite. Enemies assume they are just standard, harmless Civilian supply trucks going into a military installation to drop off foodstuffs, or something else safe for public transport, and leaving, when in actuality they are shuffling around dangerous and sensitive cargoes like they were playing the Shell Game (okay Russia, watch the ball...what shell is it under now?).

In any of these situations, a routine traffic stop by Law Enforcement could turn hazardous.

And you always thought the most hazardous thing an officer faced was a criminal with a gun!

Hopefully we'll hear more soon as Hazmat teams analyze the contents of the truck.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

“The officer became suspicious the trucker might be hauling narcotics,” Cain said. “He was given consent to search the truck and saw a white powder in it.”

The truck was moved to the state police headquarters in Kenner to be searched, Cain said. During that search, several more containers of white powder — in brick form — were found among a cargo of limes.

*Emphasis mine.

Does anyone know what substance that could be? What is white, powdery, and in brick form that could make people sick?

If you watch the video that Spartak_FL posted, they did say that some of it tested for coc aine, but not all of it. If it was all coc aine, then it should be quickly identified with something such as www.erowid.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
With the chemicals used to process coc aine used and reused because of the problems of access I would say they will find that it was improperly dried bricks of this narcotic and it was out gassing what was left of the chemical used to extract the coc aine from the plant leaves. Some of that stuff used makes you vomit and nausous very fast. No, I don't process Coke, I read a lot!!

ZIndo

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Cool, thanks for the info Zindo.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
With the chemicals used to process coc aine used and reused because of the problems of access I would say they will find that it was improperly dried bricks of this narcotic and it was out gassing what was left of the chemical used to extract the coc aine from the plant leaves. Some of that stuff used makes you vomit and nausous very fast. No, I don't process Coke, I read a lot!!

ZIndo

ya but very unlikely to make you nausoues just standing within 20 feet! Lets see what becomes of ths.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Also, this is going to be a real problem in the future. Some of this stuff is known to be carcinogenic. Cancer cases could explode in the next few years because of it!

Zindo

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I wondered the same thing
Unfortunately with the way things are going nowadays i'm too scared to do a google search.

At the end of the day, couldn't you easily convert any white powder or any powder for that matter in brick form?

except baking soda

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
could it be methamphetamine chemicals?

that stuff is nasty and uses all kinds of unhealthy chemicals to make it

or what if it's anthrax!?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
could it be methamphetamine chemicals?

that stuff is nasty and uses all kinds of unhealthy chemicals to make it

or what if it's anthrax!?

again, inneffective unless consumed via smoke or through the nasal passage. Interesting story

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cocaine doesn't make people sick just from being in close proximity of it, and if it was military they would have been able to clear it somehow I would think.
Very interesting, indeed.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spartak_FL

Those bricks could have been outgassing for hours and the concentrations could be huge in that confined space. Truck boxes aren't known for venting very well. I know this because I've hauled sea food in vacuum sealed containers and it still damn near knocked me out when I opened the doors. Have had to use pounds of coffee to neutralize the smell so I could load the box again at the next stop. I guess we'll see if they ever release the info. It's all speculation on my part i admit but it is plausible!

Zindo

link   
"Immediately nauseous"? That to me sounds more chemical than biological - my thinking being that a bio agent would take some time to act.

link   
I don't know why I was thinking of Ether.

Hmm...are they all guilty of using it now? Random UAs for everybody?

'yeah, i was exposed when I pulled a truck over.'...'yeah, SURE you were.'

Seriously, I hope everyone is ok. 18 State troopers for one truck sounds a little excessive. They need some handheld chemical detectors.

I've heard of people dying before, going in to a confined space to retrieve someone else that had passed out in the confined space...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
I don't know why I was thinking of Ether.

This is actually a big possiblity. I wasnt think of that. But ether is possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
if it was drugs, then the smugglers could have possibly had open containers of ammonia to throw off the smell to sniffer dogs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join