It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Matrix Movies Symbolism Explained. Have you noticed them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am aware there is hidden symbolism in the Lord of the Rings too if you wish to find them, having to do with the battle of Armageddon and Nephelims as such.

But one movie that really likes to invite hidden symbolism is the Matrix movie which no doubt make it obvious if you were to pause the scenes and study them a bit more.

Another ATS member spotted Neo's passport as having september 11th 2001 expirary date. Anyway have look into this research see it for your self.

Neo means "New" (Greek)
N-E-O is an anagram of O-N-E

Morpheus [when Neo comes back to life after being shot to death]: "He is the One."

Anderson = "Son of man". An attribute also given to Jesus. Moreover "Neo Anderson" would mean "New son of man".
"Thomas A." is probably related to "Thomas Aquin" a saint of the catholic church.

Trinity = "3 in 1"

Another Christian reference: the Delpic Oracle foretold the coming of the Messiah.

Morpheus is the Greek god of dreams

Nebucadnezzar is a king mentioned in the bible who is haunted by bad dreams
Nebuchadnezzar is Morpheus' ship and Morpheus is a Greek god of dreams.

The movie there is Morpheus--"the Father," Neo--"the Son," and Trinity--"the Holy Spirit." As Carrie-Ann Moss explained in Xpose Magazine, "Even her name is intriguing--Trinity. I always thought it represented the combination of me and Laurence and Keanu."

"Zion" in the sense of "Jerusalem"

Agent Smith reveals to Morpheus that there was another matrix that preceded the one currently in place. In the first matrix, human life was perfect but it was ultimately rejected by man, bringing to mind the biblical record of Genesis and the Garden of Eden.

Lambert Wilson (who plays the Merovingian) mentions in an interview that Zion is related to the "Priory of Zion" (Prieure du Notre Dame du Sion), a secret society, with connections to Knights Templar, Roscicrucianism, Freemasonry, Arthurian and the Holy Grail.

Cypher" sound similar to "Lucifer"

"Niobe" is a Greek goddess who wanted to be adored for being a mother.

"Apoc" = Apocalypse

"Mark 3 #11 M" is Morpheus' ship's number.
Bible: Markus 3:11
"Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, 'You are the Son of God'."

DE2852 (The Pale Twins' car)
Bible: Deutronomy 28:52
"They shall besiege you in all your towns, until your high and fortified walls, in which you trusted, come down throughout all your land. And they shall besiege you in all your towns throughout all your land, which the Lord, your God, has given you."

DA203 (Trinity and Morpheus' car)
Bible: Daniel 2:03
"I have had a dream that troubles me and I want to know what it means."

IS5416 (Agent Smith's car, when he brings his earplugs)
Bible: Isaiah 54:16
[New International Version (NIV)]
See, it is I who created the blacksmith
who fans the coals into flame
and forges a weapon fit for its work.
And it is I who have created the destroyer to work havoc;

www.voidspace.org.uk...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
S&F for you. Irecognized much of the religious symbolism but to be honest with you, I was to lazy to do the research. Thanks for putting in the time. I'm sure there is much more to be learned from those movies.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My question is how is any of this hidden?

I mean, if you are at all knowledgeable of history, mythology, religion and/or science & math you would instantly recognize the symbolism that is being laid out to you. My point is, its not "hidden". They are not really pulling the covers over anyone eyes, except maybe for those who are not well versed in the above topics.

- If you have been to Bible study, you will recognize some of the names and their role.
- If you have read Mythology, you will recognize some of the names and their role.
- If you know a lot of History, you will recognize some of the names and their role.

As you can see, there is lots of places to get a basis for the names and plots being spit at you. Probably why The Matrix did so well, because lots of people already understood the underlying themes.

"The Matrix" movie is basically a rehashed version of historical/mythological/religious story remade for the year 2000 type technologys.

In essence, its plot has been done before for thousands of years.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by MrSmith]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would say to a young uneducated audiance it is hidden from them if not in the movie but from real outside world, some of the symbolism is subliminal and just background information. At the time I knew that it sounded very Biblical but people my age at the time did not have a clue, so in a way what is hidden is not the movie but the knowledge of religion that is being thinned out.

But I have taken away now Hidden from the title in case people get hang up about it.

It depends how you define Hidden, maybe it mirrores the religious origins by name but it can be a film within it self without involving other religious laws and elements and direct wording otherwise it would be a film about religion which it is not, just the concepts are similar.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think it is a film on the essence of truth and integration, on a natural process that unfolds. It covers the false self, the world of the matrix, the believed in lie. It covers the self without regard for the other, the nihilistic, love-void of a persona, Agent Smith. It only seeks to replicate and control everything, for there is no other. Neo has the whole perspective, love. He is connected to all there is. He not only seeks the "real," he seeks to unite people in the real. He is the ultimate empath. Cipher is zero, or nonage. He would rather live in the matrix than be honest with himself. He represents a large section of humanity. Ultimately, Neo and Smith unite, because the self without regard for the other always reaches a dead end, and it must reconcile with its ultimate master, love. Notice how the Oracle represented the divine feminine. Neo is the ONE because he is a man listening to the wise female perspective. He contains both masculine and feminine. He is integrated. He and Trinity spoke to each other with their eyes they were so united.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
OOps, double post.

I will say, that regardless of the extent of your knowledge, it has hidden elements. It is written in layer upon layer. I think it was meant to be that way, so if you think it all jumped right out at you, no matter how much you noticed the references, the joke's on you.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
[edit on 26-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Every work out of hollywood has hidden meanings. Some intentional and some unintentional. As far as matrix is concerned they did all of that on purpose and it wasn't 'hidden'.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Most of the time I am aware I am only consciously aware rather than unconsciously aware or being aware of both.
If I was dreaming I may say otherwise.

This clip may belong in this thread.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Also what is hidden symbols to you might not be for me or others. It's a subjective matter.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The deal w/ the Matrix is that some of us really are projecting a part of our consciousness into this reality, which the movie was conveying when people got jacked into the Matrix. Also, when you are meditating, you can get an information download, much like the "training programs" they downloaded in the movie. What is the "red pill?" I think it's a combination of knowledge & meditation. That is how one can wake up. JMO

[edit on 27-7-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The fruit from the tree of knowledge? After you take it the truth is revealed to you and you 'fall' from 'paradise'.
Here's a mindf...: What would've happened if Neo would've taken both pills?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
The fruit from the tree of knowledge? After you take it the truth is revealed to you and you 'fall' from 'paradise'.
Here's a mindf...: What would've happened if Neo would've taken both pills?

I hate quoting but it's a good point, in a way the movie was saying take the pill so you gain knowledge, then the movie becomes cool and interesting, a kind of backward statement of the Bible, if not anti Bible saying, it can be seen as saying, 'wake up from religion be free from God and be your own God' which in a way is not very pro religion, it can be seen as anti-religion too. But since Neo becomes a prophet of some type it's saying come out of the Satanic lie the devil feeds our minds with in this materialistic loving society and become the prophet to deliver us out.

It's up to you how you interpret it.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just to add, the movie trilogy never goes into what happens after, did they meet God in the end was Neo their Messiah, did he gain more miracle based powers and did they start again to believe a real God exists out of the Matrix? Once the movie reached that far in the trilogy it was just all action sequences and no further philosophy or religious based answers, it could never have gone that far anyway because the script writers were treading on thin ice with knowledge and they could not reveal more than we know now.

It's a shame they did not bring the Matrix conspiracy to being some ploy by the devil, but the devil was actually the machines them selves and were no different in the end than the Terminator plotline, just done in a vertual reality philosophical reality.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Just to add, the movie trilogy never goes into what happens after, did they meet God in the end was Neo their Messiah, did he gain more miracle based powers and did they start again to believe a real God exists out of the Matrix? Once the movie reached that far in the trilogy it was just all action sequences and no further philosophy or religious based answers, it could never have gone that far anyway because the script writers were treading on thin ice with knowledge and they could not reveal more than we know now.

It's a shame they did not bring the Matrix conspiracy to being some ploy by the devil, but the devil was actually the machines them selves and were no different in the end than the Terminator plotline, just done in a veryual reality philosophical reality.

I once read that the end of the trilogy, was not originally the end, they were forced to re-write it. Apparently, when they escaped the matrix into the real world, this was also a secondary construct. As Smith said, some have always rejected the programming and sought to escape, the second matrix was made with this in mind, to trp them if they do escape.

This is the reason Neo could 'see' when he was blind, the reason he could kill all the squiddies, even when he was meant to be a mere mortal, outside of the matrix. It is also the reason how Smith managed to escape into the body of a human, it was all still the matrix, but on another level.

The original ending was Neo busting them out of the second Matrix, into the actual real world, which had turned to a sort of paradise without human interference.

I'll look for links, it was all very interesting.

EMM

edit to add; the only thing I've been able to find in relation to this, is this:

www.thematrix101.com...

Under the heading The Gold Code

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

That ending sounds much better I guess, it would have been a better twist of the movies and given it more story backbone which is was lacking in the third one, its s hame they changed it, it would have made more sense it seems.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

That ending sounds much better I guess, it would have been a better twist of the movies and given it more story backbone which is was lacking in the third one, its s hame they changed it, it would have made more sense it seems.

To be fair, this conspiracy comes from 'someone' apparently telling the Wackowski brothers that they can't show that ending to the public, as this would promote an 'escape' from the programming that we all undergo.

So, from that stand point, it's kind of weak, but you can't deny there is something there.

EMM

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Kinda stragne when you take into account that the wachowski brothers are members of landmark education which was formaly EST.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There are many connections with more modern stories that a super computer is also known as the beast. There may very well be a NWO connection and a past connection. Our lives are in some way; programs.

The Matrix was in many ways; Revelations. Many who write these stories and movies may not realize these stories were not from their own imaginations, but planted there, much like a software program. Even George Lucas has made some reference to this.......somewhere.

Biblical stories, such as depicted again in the more famous hollywood versions with special effects, can also and exactly mean what the messiah figure said about those who performed false miracles. You shall know them by their works: special effects and illusions.

Many people just don't understand that connection.

A person seeing into the future and seeing what we see on the big screen in movie theaters, would be confused and the prophecy misinterpreted as well.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
On the ending of the film, I think that the concept of the matrix being reset is important. In essence, the film takes the blue pill at this point and the secondary matrix is not transcended, thus god or true oneness is not really reached. If we consider it so that advanced races see beyond what we can (and if the inspiration behind the Matrix is seen to hold truth) yet they are still in the game of duality then this makes sense in terms of the films.

It is often noted the construct we enter into when we see through our 3d reality, has numerous machine like qualities. Of course this could be actual tech of a hyper advanced race or demigods/demons. And so I think the Matrix symbology almost makes more sense when taken in a more literal way.

The machines that keep us in the matrix do so in order to feed from our energy. This turns up in a number of seemingly innocent films... I would like to point out Disney's "Monsters Inc", creatures from another world get their power from human fears and other emotions (look out for the tiny all seeing eye in a pyramid in the early part of that movie while describing this very process).

They draw our attention away from the reality with the lady in red. The merovingian consciousness programs or uses the matrix to its own liking. So it seems this race would be classed as evil by any consciousness, and so it is likely they are just in another level of the matrix, another level of vibrational frequency, but still not near god or oneness.

Perhaps we have a choice this time around to stop the matrix from resetting and perhaps go straight to the most high.

Iam rambling. I was sort of re-affirming things in my own head because I first thought that seeing through the Matrix was the highest enlightenment one could seek to attain when infact that is just the beginning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join