It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Dems clear one obstacle to health care bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Key Dems clear one obstacle to health care bill

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Key Democrats have agreed on steps designed to cut the growth of Medicare, clearing one of numerous obstacles blocking early passage of health care legislation in the House.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the compromise marked a "giant step forward" on President Barack Obama's top domestic priority.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

issension within Democratic ranks over President Barack Obama's health care initiative all but paralyzed the House Friday, typifying just how many political land mines are littering the path to enactment.

Thought this would intrest people out there who are following this bill as it breaks

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Social Security (and Medicare) are the so-called "third rail" in politics--if a politician steps on it he or she is dead. The Democrats are brave in attempting to do it.

I would be uneasy about these changes in Medicare policy, but as I read more about them I think they would be useful both in improving the quality of care provided as well as cutting some costs. The article explains that physicians would be rewarded more for delivering high-quality and thorough care rather than just how many people they can process through their offices in a day. It's a change in emphasis that I think will be beneficial in the quality of health care for Medicare patients.

I'm glad this compromise will help facilitate the passage of health care reform in the near future.

join