It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation for media hype - Govt anti-virals about to expire - UK Treasury making some money back?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just read a message from someone who had picked up some of the anti-viral Tamiflu from an NHS pickup location. She said the package had an expiry date of 10/09 (October 2009).

Could it be that the UK government has bought millions of doses of Tamiflu and Relenza (costing tens/hundreds of millions of pounds) in the expectation of a bird flu pandemic which hasn't come.

The only way to make that money back would be to release an engineered flu, media hype it to the extreme, get the public panicking then make it available over the phone/internet so as to fill the treasury coffers and make up the money lost in purchasing the stocks.

Has anyone else recieved Tamiflu/Relenza, if so did it have an expiry date?

[edit on 24-7-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I don't think this is the case, as how are they going to be making money out of it?

Maybe i'm naive about economics, but in the UK, we don't pay for this from the NHS or any of the distribution centres.

May make a few quid from internet sales, but i can't see this happening as how can they sell the stuff to British people, when the people paid for it in the first place?

Also goes for flogging it abroad, via the net. The stuff is meant for the Britsih, not anyone in the world who wants to pay for it.

How else are they making money?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Okay look at it this way.

They have 5 milliion doses of Tamiflu, 10 million of Relenza, they paid £5 pound for each dose.

Now they're about to go out of date they will lose 15 million * 5 = £75 million.

If they push the flu, and manage to get the 15 million doses out there, they get 15 million * £7 (approximte NHS prescription fee) = £85 million.

These are hypothetical numbers, if they stockpiled antivirals for a flu pandemic the numbers could be as high as 100 million, and the cost far more, but you see where I'm coming from.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You could be onto something Kiwifoot,
They gotta off load those doses somehow.
I am getting more and more irked by the swine flu situation.
My govs.projections(UK) seem designed to instill fear into the population.
2People I know have been given Tamiflu and or relenza,but they both thought they just had some other bug,and didnt take the pills/spray.Both got better thankfully,but SOMEONE paid for those drugs,even if they werent used.
This is happening to lots of folks over in the good 'ol UK.

The thing I find odd is the whole thing was supposed to start in Mexico,right?So it would be logical that Mexico has had more deaths.
But it seems other countries are getting worse hit.

Its a total goldmine for the Pharma folks whichever way you look at it.
Personally,I would not be at all surprised if they engineered and or released the damn swine flu in the first place,after all this is a global recession...And the big boys need to feed.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
You could be onto something Kiwifoot,

The thing I find odd is the whole thing was supposed to start in Mexico,right?So it would be logical that Mexico has had more deaths.
But it seems other countries are getting worse hit.

Its a total goldmine for the Pharma folks whichever way you look at it.
Personally,I would not be at all surprised if they engineered and or released the damn swine flu in the first place,after all this is a global recession...And the big boys need to feed.

i'm trying to find some stats on cases in Mexico, as you say it makes no sense. How can the UK have more cases now than Mexico when it started there.

It really reeks of a big pharma plan to make a whole lot of cash!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Or to keep people world wide away from the plans that the NWO have for the economies of nations.

See it seems interesting that the swine flu came at a time when People in the US started to raise against the results of the bailouts on the nations and tax payer.

What happen right after the swine flu became front news? the protest die out.

So perhaps may be right, keep the people mind busy about other global problems while things are done behind our backs.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I know what you mean, whenever the MSM reports something, or there's a global crisis that doesn't sit right, I always look in the other direction to see what else is happening.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just saw this on Reuters, it's a very good argument for my theory.

Tamiflu shelf-life extension up to countries: WHO

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization said on Tuesday it was up to national regulatory authorities to decide whether to extend the shelf life of the flu drug Tamiflu by two years, as recommended by Swiss drug maker Roche.

The United States, Canada, Australia, Hong Kong and the European Union's drug watchdog have extended Tamiflu's shelf life to 7 years from 5 after company data showed the active ingredient's longer stability, a Roche spokeswoman said.

Tamiflu, known generically as oseltamivir, is the frontline antiviral being used against the H1N1 virus, commonly known as swine flu, which is causing an influenza pandemic.

Capsules kept in government stockpiles worldwide or currently on the market carry a five-year expiry date.

"It is WHO's view that shelf-life extensions are a matter for national regulatory authorities," WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl said in a statement sent to journalists.

Yep, they haven't managed to push them out to the gullible sheople, so guess what, let's change the shelf life and we can sell them on!

Beggars belief really!

new topics

top topics

join