It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on this Laptop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm thinking of purchasing this....

However, the Processor has me concerned... thoughts?

Best Buy HP Deal

It includes a free upgrade to Windows 7. I guess thats cool.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

It is a good deal. My friend had an HP laptop for ages but she had multiple problems with the cord, the keyboard, physical things. I think their warranties are pretty good, by my friend did eventually switch to a Dell, which has pretty good support. I would check on their support and warranty services before I buy it.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks Raven...

Well after some discussion last night, I have been turned to try to get at lesat an Intel processor.

that being said...

Check out this deal...

Laptop

Not Bad and came highly reccommended by a close friend who knows his business and CNET review team.

This out performed 4 others with similar builds.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Judging from your price range and willingness to buy from Best Buy, this is probably your best bet.

laptop

I'd stick with a core 2 duo. Dell gives you 1 year full warranty and the other two mentioned are limited warranties. The other two only go to 4gb max ram whereas the Dell goes up to 8 and they give you 4 to start.

For a little bit more money, you will get a much better product. I'm not a big fan of Asus and I would rather go with the HP even if it does use the AMD proc. Asus is not well known for customer service.

Remember that laptops are not as easily repairable as desktops so if something breaks you can't simply replace the part yourself. You have to send the thing back or take it to a certified repair place which can extremely expensive. So warranty is always your KEY focus in laptops. Sadly I've seen many bricked laptops only a few years old.

Good luck in your search.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by mvirata]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I bought my laptop last year it is a HP as well HP Pavilion dv6000
ADM Turion(tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TG-60 2.00 GHz
3.00 GB of ram
It has worked flawlessly it came with Vista Ultimate, most game all music and moves run with out a hitch.
I did upgrade to windows 7 and have not had a single issue.
On the downside by battery is dieing two hours tops.

Now on the other hand a friend of mine has the HP Pavilion dv9700 her screen now flickers when you move the lid and her Hard Drive over heated. I replaced the HD for her but did not look into the screen problem she wanted it back before I could open up the case.

[edit on 31/7/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
ooops. I should have updated this sooner.

I made my purchase last Sunday.

I got an HP G60 model.

Intel - Dual Core Processor
4gb memory
250gb Hard drive
15.6 screen
Vista Premium / w free 7 upgrade.

You won't believe this...

$399.99.

Also they only had one left and it had already been opened and set up, with recover discs made, by the Geek Squad, that cost $70, I got it for free. Yeah baby !!!

Lovin' so far.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Man you need to keep us in the loop! I spent a whole 20 minutes of work time to look that up for you.

Anyway, sounds like you got a winner.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

you got a good deal, I paid just under a G note Cnd for mine

[edit on 31/7/2009 by Sauron]

new topics

top topics

join